Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #11
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share family bed pics

We just co sleep part time but it has gotten much easier since my dh surprised me with a king sized bed for my birthday earlier this month!

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #12
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies, keep em coming! DH would love to see pics of how y'all have the stuff set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissum View Post
Well, it's just me and Bella and we share a queen size. It's pushed against the wall and she sleeps on that side, so she can't roll off.
This isn't night time, but this way you can see the setup. I also took off the headboard when she was bitty because I was afraid of her falling into the cracks.
Oh, and most of the pillows go on the floor at night, I just keep 1 for me.
LOVE that conforter set! So pretty! and DD is adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasenior06 View Post
i was wondering about sidecarring a twin ... op how is that working ? did you get a king sheet and cover both together ?? ..hope i am not hijacking .. i was thinking of doing this too ...
last night was the first night, so it was a bit awkward trying to figure out the best use of all the new space (there is a 3 inch height difference in the matresses until we figure out a way to raise the twin up). I'm sure it'll take some getting used to, but i'm sure we're gonna love it.

We have a safety rail on the twin to make sure he cant fall out and we bungee corded the 2 frames together so they cant push apart. We went with a twin instead of a crib figuring we would get more use out of a twin (and we got a great deal, half off, so it cost less than a convertable crib would have). i dont think a king sheet would fit with a queen and twin, if im not mistaken a king is the size of 2 twins, so it woudl be too small to fit a Q and T. We just went to kmart and got 2 sets of twin sheets on sale, one kid print, and one normal flannel sheet set cuz they were cheap. I figure we will get kid themed sheets so they work when he does finally move into his own room.

I do love that he can be asleep on the twin and dh and i can have the whole queen bed to ourselves to do as we please without worrying about moving it too much and waking ds . Stretching out in the middle of the night is awesome too as i always had the rail to contend with before.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #13
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just an FYI they do make some strappy thing to fill the gap when putting two beds together- not sure what it's called but if we ever have a full mattress sidecar I'm getting one!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:06 PM   #14
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:

ecoria :where do you put the safety rail ..do you mind showing a pic of your set up so far ??
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

King size bed for dh, baby and me.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #16
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I want to see pictures!! We are sleeping in just a queen and it's tight and we have a twin bed that we or I guess I am suppose to be starting to transition Jackson into in his own room. I don't think he is ready plus I love him sleeping by us. So I may talk to Adam about attaching it to our bed......lol our room would be invaded with beds our room isn't that big.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #17
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochanyk View Post
Just an FYI they do make some strappy thing to fill the gap when putting two beds together- not sure what it's called but if we ever have a full mattress sidecar I'm getting one!
hmm, i'd love to know more about this if you can remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasenior06 View Post
ecoria :where do you put the safety rail ..do you mind showing a pic of your set up so far ??
its centered on the twin, his toys and stuff are on the nightstand so he has easy access to them in the mornings so he can play for a bit while i wake up, so the rail is lower on the bed so its not blocking the nightstand.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:05 AM   #18
karmamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

these are kinda old, but show the setup. we've got the crib sidecarred to our king...nothing fancy to hold it together, just against the wall and then the crib matress is pushed forward toward the king mattress to compensate for the gap where the crib rail would normally be. I folded a couple of thinner pillows in half longways - like a hotdog bun - and shoved them in the space to keep the mattress in place. I've got a nightstand at the foot of the crib, and then our almost 4oy has her full sized bed at the foot of our king.

this one is from when I first set it up, when the crib was clean and actually being slept in

and this is how it usually looks now, sidecar full of crap (minus the diapers since I found a cloth setup that she doesn't leak thru) children in the big bed, and what you can't see is dh sleeping in dd's bed

karmamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #19
applecrunch78
Registered Users
seller

awwwwwww these pics are great
Old 02-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #20
Ashling
Registered Users
Formerly: mamastone
seller

My Mood:

All four of us squeeze into a queen, and oddly enough it's pretty comfortable. SO sleeps on the couch sometimes, though, because he gets too warm in the bed. And DS starts the night in his own room in his own bed now, I guess he just thinks he's a big boy now =P

forgive the lack of bedding, this was the day babygirl was born... most of our bedding was off at the laundromat :P