Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2007, 10:03 AM   #21
zoeysmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 16M HAS FEVER...CAN I GIVE MOTRIN ? (UPDATE)

Should I be concerned that she just had her CP vax in Jan (mid Jan, it was either the 16th or 23rd)

Advertisement

zoeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #22
football_cheer_mom
Diaper Queen
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't think so, it has already been almost a month. They usually have a reaction within a couple of days. I have never heard not to give them mortin if they have had the vax. I don't know why that would be, but I would assume it means right after the vax.

Nikki
football_cheer_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 AM   #23
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

I noticed both my DD's get healthier A LOT faster if I don't suppress their fever. Like the PP said, it's your body's natural way of striking sickness down. Fevers are not a "bad" thing contrary to popular modern belief. Obviously if your DC goes a few days without showing improvement, you probably want to get them checked out.

One thing I want to add, is that a high fever doesnt always mean they are any sicker. Some kids can get a simple cold with 104 degree fevers. My ODD gets fevers over every little thing because that is just her body's way of fighting things.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #24
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeysmom View Post
Should I be concerned that she just had her CP vax in Jan (mid Jan, it was either the 16th or 23rd)
Maybe she is going to get chicken pox That can take 3 weeks to pop up after exposure. And the vaccine is a weakened live virus. My DD's were exposed to chicken pox last week by playing with a little boy that got chicken pox even though he was vaccinated and I read that incubation time is 13-21 days
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #25
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 16M HAS FEVER...CAN I GIVE MOTRIN ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove View Post
A fever is only dangerous for a baby if it stays above 103 for 24 hours. Remember that fever is the body's natural defense. It stimulates the immune system and eliminates through sweat. Just being there with her through it and listening to your instincts and hers, too.

I've had amazing success in bringing down a fever with homeopathic belladonna (it's in Hyland's teething tablets). Within an hour of taking it, the all-day fever was gone. I've also heard about rinsing baby's feet with vinegar as a miraculous cure, never tried it though. I don't know about Tylenol or Motrin.

Good luck, mama.
I totally agree! We try to let a fever run its course if dc isn't too uncomfortable; we do give Tylenol if dc can't sleep due to pain/discomfort. Other than that, we do comfort measures only. And we have also had great results w/ homeopathic Belladonna.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #26
zoeysmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 16M HAS FEVER...CAN I GIVE MOTRIN ?

Where will I find Hyland's teething tablets ? Walgreen's, CVS ? I think I would like to try as she cutting the tooth next to her front, and think this could all be b/c of that as well.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:59 PM   #27
football_cheer_mom
Diaper Queen
seller

My Mood:

You can find them in the pharmacy, but they usually keep them behind the counters, because they are small. Ask the pharmacist.

Nikki
football_cheer_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:07 PM   #28
zoeysmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does she chew them ?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #29
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

They kind of dissolve in their mouth. We had lots of luck with Camilia too. It comes in liquid form in little viles. Its made by Boirion.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #30
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wal-Greens carries Hylands here. They dissolve almost instantly. There is a Humphrey's Teething Tablet as well, it's almost the same with a little more of a certain ingrediant, but they don't dissolve well. They are better for older kids.

Jack gets 3 Hylands tablets before every nap and bedtime. Just helps him to calm down and relax. He loves them, I shake the bottle and he comes over as fast as he can.