Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #11
4lilMonkies
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cloth Diapers Home Parties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLeoMom View Post
So it looks like to be a rep you have to be willing to really invest some moolah! ($79 non refundable fee for advertisements and business card, etc. that are given and then they send you a "Kit". The kit would be paid for in $30 payments until you've paid $550 or as a one time payment of $450). So yeah...a lot of money. The reps can earn commission though for items sold at the parties depending on the total amount that is sold. Just thought I would let others know. If you still want more info feel free to go to their website and request more info.
Which site did you go to?

Advertisement

4lilMonkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #12
CrazyLeoMom
Registered Users

diaperparties.com

CrazyLeoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #13
Mothering Grace
Registered Users
Formerly: happyinseattle
seller

My Mood:

I've hosted some in my area, and they've been set up a few different ways. Sometimes the expectant mom hasn't really known what she wanted and asked me to bring a variety for her and her friends to check out, and then they check things out and place orders, which I then mail out (similar to a Pampered Chef type set-up). Other times a mom has known exactly what she wanted, and I brought all the things from her wishlist and showed her friends, and then they "sponsored" items for her in lieu of other baby shower gifts.

In any event, I think they are awesome and a great way to get people started in cloth, but generally I wouldn't recommend trying to go the "diaper parties only" route if you are going into business. It just doesn't take long before you tap out friends/family, and, even though there are a lot of expectant moms out there, w/ the diaper parties you are kind of dependent on one of their baby shower hosts wanting to support their cloth diaper choice (and often this is not the case) and also I think new moms tend to be a bit in denial over what they will receive at baby showers, and so they think, "Oh, if I have a regular shower I might get a carseat or crib or (insert necessity item here) and fail to realize they will probably just get a sea of baby clothes... and so part of it is that the new moms don't push for the diaper showers either.
Mothering Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #14
Mothering Grace
Registered Users
Formerly: happyinseattle
seller

My Mood:

oh, but if you are interested in hosting a diaper party for someone, drop me a line:

sara _at_ motheringgrace dot com

maybe we can work something out!
Mothering Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #15
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothering Grace View Post
oh, but if you are interested in hosting a diaper party for someone, drop me a line:

sara _at_ motheringgrace dot com

maybe we can work something out!
I know you from GCM! I LOVE your store. And I'm going to PM you tonight after the kiddo is in bed.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #16
RHasey
Registered Users

I've been to the Little Seedling many times, believe me! They were the first place I went to when I was interested in starting CDing. I left her a msg on her FaceBook page to see if she had any interest in doing a party. Haven't heard anything yet.
Thanks for all the input. I've already heard back from April at Wee Little Changes. Looks like it can be a Go!
RHasey is offline   Reply With Quote