Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
covavanessa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Daily chat Wednesday June 30

Hi ladies

So it will not be long before I am back on a regular basis. We are in a house finally, they have temporarily furnished it for us, and we got a car with latches ( hard to find here) last week. Unfortunatly the MC messed up some of our pay and allowances so we had to borrow money, YUCK! But it will all be paid back in no time, bit it still gives me a pit in my stomach to know I owe people money!
Our house is great, much better than I thought it would be. We got into a multiplex (townhouse) instead of the towers(apartments). We are kind os smack in the middle of the island, so everything is pretty accessible but the max speed is 80 kph so it is slow going it takes hubby 30 min or so to get to work. We have 3 bedrooms 2.5 bath and huge kitchen and livingroom mote storage than I know what to do with. And the walls are NOT paper thin though maybe our neighbors are really quiet!

I had a doc appt. it had been almost 8 weeks, I gained 3lbs still down 7 from ppw but the doc spent the majority of the time talking about how overweight I am and that that is the # 1 cause for C/S! I wanted to hit him. I will be seeing another doc next time. She is good though HR is 140 solid and she is kicking like crazy. Still no name I wish it would hit me in the forehead cause I have no idea what to name her!

That is all i have for now just thought I would catch you up. Love you ladies!

Advertisement

And WAHM behind Amethyst and Purls stocking at
covavanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
LisaAnne
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Daily chat Wednesday June 30

Cova-I've been thinking of you lately and wondering how life in Japan was treating you. It sounds like things are good for the most part! Hurray for adequate space!!!! That was the biggie I wondered about because everything I've heard is that living quarters are generally very small, with most rooms serving multiple functions. Sorry the doctor was a stinker about your weight. There seems to be quite a bit of that going on.
Oh, and if the perfect name hits you, make sure you share with me at least because as of right now, our main contenders seem to be "Baby Girl" or "Baby Sister" and I don't know how well either of those names would grow with her!

Laura-It doesn't make you a bad mommy that Henry went to bed late-you gotta do what works for your family! Jack is such a crabby apple the whole next day if he gets to bed after 8-8:30, which is hard and leaves very little room for life to happen or any flexibility. Plus, if he goes to bed later, he gets up earlier-think 5 am! Yuck!
Oh, and I am a fan of CB's on FB and there was a post that the Brights are coming back. I know that my favorite colors are Ribbit (bright green) and Moonbeam (bright blue), especially for Jack. I am really okay with a boring stash because its rarely appropriate weather here in Wisconsin to go around in just a diaper anyway. And, after I looked at the Bubble (purple) color online yesterday-BOO! It honestly looks more grayish than purple. I was just afraid that I was going to totally regret buying all of Baby Girl's dipes on the Buy 5 get 1 sale and off seconds with their new and improved product launch. I don't. I am totally fine with the great prices I got and have never had any issues at all with my 3.0's. I almost wonder if a bigger rise is going to be worse for it to fit on a tiny baby, too.

Angela-how was your trip?

Shannon-I am thinking of you! I hope the rest of packing goes smoothly and that you make it to the zoo this morning!

AFM-I got woken up by my DOG snoring on the pillow next to me. Ugg! DH went to sleep with Jack at 3:30 because he was up crying again. I am almost positive that his eye teeth are coming in because its swollen in 2 spots and he is chomping everything, like the wooden railing on the deck, his blankey, etc., and keeps waking up at night. I finally just gave up and got up. I figured if I got ready early, I could have time to stop and get some yummy Asiago cheese bagels for breakfast before work!

I am praying that everyone at work slept well-they were all so cranky and overtired last night--its going to be a LONG day otherwise!

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later!

Last edited by LisaAnne; 06-30-2010 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Dumb iTouch
LisaAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

lisaanne-thanks for the info on the marinara...i am so doing that this summer! LOL to the dog sleeping next to you. Asiago bagels sound great! Funny about jack, Lor still wakes up once a night too and dh has to go in and just tuck her back in...very strange. Hope everyone wakes up happy this morning!

jessica-giant hugs on the stressful news. I didn't realize you had all cesereans. I am glad they are taking good care of you though!

Laura-that salad looks great! I just bought some RRL tea to start around 30 weeks..i did it with lor and still went to 41 weeks...but can't hurt! Hope Henry sleeps in for you! I had wicked afterpains with Lor...when she would nurse i would find myself almost in tears...and my mw says it will be worse this time. I personally bought some extra strength tylenol and am hoping that does the trick. I think these after pains are why my tummy looked so flat by the time i left the hospital, my uterus shrunk back down super fast.

cova-glad you are doing well and have lots of space. I miss you around here! Oyevey about the dr. You aren't supposed to lose weight pregnant so why don't they just congratulate you on being healthy and doing such a great job growing this baby. Oye. Keep us posted!!!

AFM-3rd trimester! Wahoo! I am bummed about the bg 4.0 as my dd is 33-34lbs and barely can wear the old ones. But she is close to potty training. But this opens up a possibilty for what to do for lg. diapers for michael. Today i am taking Lor to the local nature center for a picnic lunch and a tour of the barn and ice cream making! So psyched!!!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cova: So glad to see you and cannot wait until you are back with us regularly.

Lisa: Thanks for the love. That made my morning.

Rachael: Your day sounds like LOADS of fun!!! I must say that I love the new colors for the BG's. I am going to order a lavender one for now and wait it out for the kinks to be worked out and then get some cream and mint ones later.

AFM: Going to try to get to the zoo when they open and get out of there mid afternoon. I am exhausted but I know that today will be good for the babies.

I covet your thoughts and prayers if you have them to offer. I am breaking down almost every morning and night now. I am so tired and as much as I try to hold it together it is getting to me. Just.....a.......few.....more.......days. I feel like I am crawling and dragging myself to the finish line and I am just trying to do so without having a MAJOR meltdown.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 AM   #5
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

Cova-- I'm so glad to hear that you are getting settled in to life in Japan okay. YIKES on the doctor being such a twit! I hope the one next week is better.

Lisa-- I hope that everyone at work got rest last night to make your life a little easier. Asiago Bagels sounds SOOOOO good. Oh well. maybe in 12 weeks.

Rachael-- WOOO HOOOO for the 3rd trimester!!!

Shannon-- I'm sorry you are so done with it before being done with it (if that makes sense) I wish I could come up there and cheer you up!

AFM: My MIL comes home from visiting my SIL in TX for the last 2 weeks today. NOT ready for my vacation to end. Not much else planned today. Need to do some more school work. Hoping for some fluffy mail today. Gosh I'm boring.
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

shannon-big hugs! Enjoy your day at the zoo. Yeah i am holding off too since i wouldn't need them until michael is over 20 lbs and i need lg. diapers...by then i will have read the reviews and they will have worked out the kinks.

cheli-i need a package...lol...wish my shoes zoo coop would hurry up! Hope you have a good day and get some fluffy mail.

AFM-off to the nature center. Lor is eating an organic cherry chocolate toaster pastry (like a pop tart), it's ok bc it's organic right? LOL. It looks decadent.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Laura Thanks for the salad recipe! I LOVE the one from Costco and wasn't quite sure how to replicate it, LOL. That sounds about right. Might have to make some for me today for supper tonight!

Jessica sorry about the NST's. That sucks.

Cheli hugs about the GD test, hope thins won't be too bad for you =(

Shannon so sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed! Such a big move, very suddenly too. O hope you get some quiet time tonight, enjoy your alone time with Kate while it lasts! Sending you some peace and tranquility you need and deserve it. Hugs!

Cova so glad to hear you are ok. Happy you like your house! What is with these doc and their negativity on weight?? Glad you are taking it in a stride.

Jamie the trip to see your sis sounds wonderful and exhausting. You won't regret it though. Have fun!

So yesterday ended up being crazy with unexpected showings and errands too. But I think I have 2 more units rented, so that would be awesome. All my 3 bedrooms would be rented and then only 3 3bedrooms left, but only 2 are ready to be occupied. So that is wonderful! Really hoping to have everything filled before baby comes, LOL.

I have my dr's appointment this afternoon and a chiro adjustment. Also have Ben scheduled for a haircut. So Busy afternoon. Ben is begging for Peanutbutter so be back in a bit.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Morning y'all!

Cova - its so nice to see you! I'm glad your house is nice, I know you had to be very concerned about that! Sorry your doc is such a jerk. You don't have to see him again? I hope not. Talk about uncool. You just don't lecture a pregnant woman about her weight - its not like you can snap your fingers and be at HIS ideal weight right now!

Lisa - thank you for telling me the brights are coming back! That makes me so happy! I'm glad you don't regret buying baby girl's diapers at the sale. You really can't beat those deals. I'm thinking about getting a 6 pack myself. I have 5, and then 5 Rumparooz, but I know I love the BGs so I may go ahead and order more. Not sure if I'll like the RaRs. I hope you have a great day at work and everyone is well rested!

Rachael - I drank HUGE amounts of RRL tea with Henry, and still went to 41w6d. But, it sure was an efficient labor once it started! Your nature center sounds amazing - y'all have so much fun stuff to do where you live! I bet y'all have a blast with watching the ice cream making!

Shannon - I hope your day at the zoo is perfect and the break you all must need. Hopefully it will take your mind of off everything else for a little while. Its almost over, and you WILL survive this! Just don't push yourself too hard.

Cheli - is your MIL that awful? I am so sorry. I had one of those once (Henry's mama) and I was so happy when we moved several hours away. Does she stay right up under you when she's home?

Rach - we do Fiber One pop tarts around here a LOT. LOL. So, if you are terrible, so am I! Sometimes good and convenient win out.

Tracy - yay for the showings! I bet you can be all 100% occupied by the time the baby comes. Hope your doc appt goes well, and Ben cooperates for his hair cut!

Angela - I'm going to have to try that broc salad with grapes in it - that sounds really good! Its nice to see you back - how was your trip? What have you been up to?

AFM - So much for getting up super early to go blueberry picking. I just rolled out of bed about 15 minutes ago. DP was supposed to wake me up, but not only did he not wake me up, he turned my alarm off. He's mad at me because, after over a month of sleeping through the night in his own bed, Henry has started waking up and getting in bed with us around 3am. WHY this is MY fault, I do not know. He got up and walked Henry back to bed last night and Henry started crying. I told him to have some compassion, he's little, and he just went off on me, because he has sleep issues and can't go right back to sleep after a disturbance, and wound up sleeping on the couch. Grrr. I went and slept with Henry. So our big comfy bed just went totally unoccupied. He's in for it with a newborn if he thinks he can still get any kind of uninterrupted sleep.

I'm going to finish this coffee and go wake Henry up and pick blueberries! I can't wait! Y'all throw all your good (easy) blueberry recipes at me!
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #9
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aaaahhhhhh....the blue In Step Safari is back on the Walmart site!!! albeit for $179, instead of $161, but still, it's back!!! crappy timing though, with my house stuff going on. can't really spend $200+ on a stroller when i could be looking at THOUSANDS for fixing my house!!! grrrrrr....

i'll be back in a better mood for persies, hopefully....
My diapers are not collectors items...they are diapers...used to poop in.
miraclebabysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Danielle will you really be out that much??? That is a huge bill to swallow. I am niave and thought insurance would cover it. Boo!Hope you can work it out that you get the stroller!

Laura blueberry picking sounds great! Hope you guys have fun and get lots! No good recipes here, sorry! I hear ya on kids and sleep. Ben has been doing that a lot too. DH doesn't particularliy like it either, but I have given up on forcing him back to his bed. I just end up sleeping in his bed, at least this way I am comfortable. I am even learning to sleep with Ben in our bed. I could never do it before, but amazing what your body will agree to if it has to, LOL.

Thanks for the luck with Ben's haie. We will likely need it. Hoping it goes as wasy as last time. I have been talking to him about it for the last week or 2 and he hans't objected so we may just be in luck! Maybe he will even sit in the car or on the motorbike this time. Seems like such a waste to take him to the kids salon when we have to restrain him on our lap. But it is preffered to threat of cuuting his ear off we get at other places, LOL.

Rach I say it is all good. we have some organic ones too, not sure what flavour. But you need your sanity some days enjoy the nature centre!