Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #11
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily chat Wednesday June 30

Tracy- we don't know exactly what we'll have to pay yet. it all depends on what the adjuster says and what insurance will allow. one problem some of our neighbors are running into is that with only having damage on one side of thehouse, insurance will only pay to replace the damaged side, which at first makes sense, but some of our neighbors sidings have been discontinued (the color, or the style) so they have to replace siding on THE WHOLE HOUSE with insurance only covering about 1/4 of the cost. but then also, even if they have the right color and style to match what we currently have, with vinyl there is a "fade factor" so it still may not match. so if the adjuster does not say the ENTIRE HOUSE needs to be resided, you either wind up with mis-matched siding, or a hefty bill.

also we'll be paying 3 seperate deductibles because our house, and both our vehcles have hail damage.

makes me nauseous just thinking about it...

Advertisement

My diapers are not collectors items...they are diapers...used to poop in.
miraclebabysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #12
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

Laura-- no she's not awful I am just sick of living with another woman, KWIM? She's lived with us for almost 5 years and it's tiring.

AFM: I am driving myself insane on one question for my class and I KNOW it's simple and I just don't get it. It's worth 1 point. That's it. And I should just let it go but with this beign the first graded assignment for this class I REALLY want to get it. BLAH!
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #13
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cheli I have no idea ont he question, I saw it on FB. Sorry =( Hope you figure it out, LOL

Danielle I never even thought of the siding not matching, those sneaky bastards! I really hope you have an awesome adjuster that comes out. I know the chances aren't likely but I am hoping for your sake! Deductibles just suck period. Hope it winds up costing you a lot less than you anticipate!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #14
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

Tracy I did figure it out.. I figured out that 1 freakin point is not worth my sanity So I will be putting something in there and submitting it and just not planning on getting that point LOL

It looks like my graduation date from the BSN program will be 11/7/2011 Crazy to think we'll all have 14 month olds by then
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #15
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i need to stop researching or i may throw-up...$27,000 for siding, $1,200 for gutters, $10,000 for shingles....
My diapers are not collectors items...they are diapers...used to poop in.
miraclebabysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #16
magbtrfly
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I wanna go blueberry picking!! I use to go to the orchards with my mum and pop when I was little and I will never forget berry picking and dropping strawberries into a basket! I was real little too when we did that I can't believe I remember that!

Cheli you crack me up! You know where to find me if you need help!

I don't have lots of time for persies so I'll catch up later...custom orders are rolling in like crazy for me..which is great, just what I wanted! I'm going to be so busy up till this baby comes!

I'm heading out the door to take younger DS to the dr.s he has a checkup this AM. Nothing crazy!

Have a great day ladies!
magbtrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #17
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

tracy-yay for renting so much and gl with your busy afternoon...hope the chiro is fabulous! I may eat one of those poptarts...i am jonesing for sweets and we have none in the house.

laura-so did you drink it in labor? I didn't think of that. Maybe i will make some iced for labor. Enjoy blueberry picking and glad you got to sleep in even if it was after a crazy night.

cheli-hope you figure it out...oh i see that you did. WAhoo. It would bug me too.

danielle-ugh...so sorry.

mag-have a great day

AFM-the nature center was fun...lor is exhausted and it's almost nap/workout time. Gona watch another video and then nap again. There was a fly in the car on the way home and lor had a caniption.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
jakossi
Registered Users
seller

Cova - Let the nesting begin! I bet it feels fantastic to be in your own place now. Sounds great! (And great to have you back.)

Laura - You asked about "afterpains." I'm not sure what they're talking about, the pain from the uterus contracting? If that's it, it was definitely stronger with #2. I wouldn't have been prepared had a nurse not said something as I was waiting for labor to start (induction). No one had pre-warned her. Those are the things you remember and pass along. For me, it was the most painful part pp with #2, but even that wasn't that bad. Just uncomfortable (although it did make me feel nauseous for a few seconds each time the contraction came but passed quickly.)

Lisa - I read about your dog on FB. If it was my dog (and I had a dog) he'd probably do it on purpose to get me back. This time around I started snoring horrendously at about 4 months. Consequently, I've been sleeping on the couch since then so DH can get some decent sleep. It's worked out well, found I sleep much better alone. How nice of your DH to go in with Jack last night. Those teeth can be buggers, hope they pop through soon for him. DD is teething too, still sleeps OK but is drooling like crazy.

Rachael - on 3rd trimester, I'll be joining you (and everyone else) on Friday. I'm not too bummed about the BG 4.0 although just this morning I was thinking about ordering 1 for DS (who I think is just a couple months older than Lor). The XL Fuzzi Bunz are the only thing that really fit him. He's 38lbs and I think about 40in. The flip covers are a close 2nd. They work in a bind. He's daytime pl'd so we only need something at night. I was thinking of trying to 4.0s since I'd at least be able to use them with the other LOs. I doubt DD will ever fit into an XL. Just had her 15mo. appt Monday and she's barely 21 pounds. Don't know how one kid ended up HUGE and the other so petite.

Tracy -

Shannon - enjoy your break from all the moving stress. You're almost there, lots of prayers for you and your family. And there's nothing wrong with a good cathartic cry.

Danielle -

Cheli - is that your grammar question that was posted on FB? Angela should be able to help (as the resident English teacher). I am certified for MS language arts and taught 7th grade English 1 year, but I think I need multiple choice. (Just saw your 2nd/3rd post, so what's the answer?)

Mag - have an uneventful dr. appt with YDS

AFM - My task for today is planning a work trip. I'm taking a group of high school students to Orlando in 2 weeks for a conference and I need to make a final decision about what to do during our free-time. So all you FL mamas (and anyone else who has vacationed in Orlando), what would you recommend for a bunch of high schoolers? (We're a group of 10.) I'm leaning toward buying a combined pass for Sea World/Bush Gardens/Aquatica. How is getting around in Orlando?
jakossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
scuddles
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ohhhh….Orlando mama here!

The only thing I’d say about the Sea World/Busch Gardens/Aquatica pass is that Busch Gardens is in Tampa—so it’s a bit of a drive to get over there and back. However, between the three of those parks, you have a whole bunch of interests covered, so it may be worth it. For high schoolers, it may be a good choice.

I have always enjoyed Universal’s Islands of Adventure, But, keep in mind that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter just opened there. Lines will be pretty long, but if your kids love Harry, it may be worth it to them to be able to see that. I’ve heard it’s pretty neat.

Also, most of the multi-day passes require you to pay for parking every day, just FYI. And, I’ve heard undercover tourist has pretty good discounts on all the parks—it may be worth checking out.

I actually don’t go to theme parks much, so I’m probably missing something important here, but these are the things that come to mind…

Alright, back to work. Good luck!

GO GATORS!
scuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cova: I am so glad that you are doing well! Hooray for getting settled into your new house. It sounds great! Too bad about that rude OB you saw. I hope that you can get someone else for the rest of your visits!

Lisa: I hope work is easy for you today! Thanks for the marinara recipe yesterday. When I have more tomatoes, I'll definitely be trying that out.

Rachael: The nature center sounds like so much fun! I hope Lor takes a great nap for you!

Cheli: Sorry your MIL vacation is coming to an end. I can't imagine living with another adult (besides DH) full time. That is just too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Tracy: I hope the haircut went well! That sure would be great if you could rent out all the units before the new baby comes!

Laura: Have fun picking blueberries! My easiest blueberry recipe is to throw some in to a bowl of cottage cheese. Yum!

Danielle: Ugh, that stroller is definitely giving you trouble! I hope you can resist or happily buy it, which ever would be better for you. I'm so sorry about the damaging hail storm you had. Being a homeowner can be sooooo stressful and expensive! I always fear that we'll have a big storm that will damage trees and property - we have a very large deductable so even 100% insurance coverage would be so expensive for us.

Mag: Yay for making money with customs! I hope you have a great day!

Jen: I have no travel tips for you, but I hope you have fun with all your high schoolers! When are you guys going?

Michelle: I hope you have a good day at work!

AFM: We went to story time at the library this morning and then ran some errands. I really, really needed to move up a few bra sizes. I'm now sporting nice DD's that could double as hats for Rosermary. Man, these boobs are insane this pregnancy. Do you think it is possible that the baby is actually growing in my boobs as well as my belly?