Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #21
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily chat Wednesday June 30

Back from the zoo! It was fun but oh so tiring. I am optimistic that tomorrow will be a good day and then Friday Kevin is home and it is MOVING DAY!

Thanks again for all of the love. I promise I'll be back with a much better attitude when we are out of here.

Off to gets some odds and ends packed up and Kelli is going to clean the bathroom. That is it really other than the big stuff that cannot be put into boxes.

Advertisement

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #22
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

jen-too funny how different your kids are. If my boy is bigger than my girl i am in trouble...lor was 29lb at her 1 year check up...but has slowed down big time. Let me know if you try one how it fits! Your trip sounds fun!

jamie-lmao on your boob dilemma...still a 34A or small B here...bummer. LOL.

AFM-fell asleep with Lor...so off to walk now outside since dh is pulling in the driveway!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #23
jakossi
Registered Users
seller

Michelle - Thanks for the info. I originally was leaning toward Universal Studios/Island Adventure, but heard about Harry Potter. Plus, most of my kids aren't into rides. In the past we've always done the theme parks but several of the kids get motion sickness. I crazy rides, but of course I won't be doing any of that this summer. There is a free shuttle that runs to Busch Gardens if you purchase the 3 park pass and we're staying at the Rosen Centre just down the street so I was hoping to find a shuttle/bus and not having to deal with parking. (We're flying to FL.) Do you know anything about the transportation situation around the OC Convention Center? I'm researching that now.

Jamie - We'll be going to FL 2 weeks from today. I've got more travel planning to do. I don't normally wait this long...but I've been a bit distracted these past few months. (At least now with Michelle's help I can count this as "work time".) Sorry I can't relate to your boob dilemma either (re: Rachael). With DS I made it up 2 sizes to a 36C (on a good day), but everything deflated after I was done nursing him and never bounced back, even after pg & nursing w/DD. I was hoping it'd stick FOREVER. Bummer.

Shannon - Glad to hear the zoo was fun. Sounds like you should have some great sleepers tonight.

Rachael - They are so different. DS seems to be channeling the tall genes from DH's side. He's not tall (5'9") but he has an uncle that's 6'5" and his maternal g-father was tall. DD seems to have inherited the petite genes from my mom's side. I'm 5'7" (thanks dad), but my mom proudly wears the title of "tall one" in her family at 5'3".

Back to travel planning.
jakossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #24
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Blueberry picking was so much fun! Got a gallon of blueberries, and a gallon of blackberries. My hands are scratched up horribly from the blackberries, but it was so much fun picking them. Henry did really well, too - only picked the ripe ones, though he ate more than he put in the bucket. I'm going to try and upload some pics later.

I'm having a productive day so far. Berry picking, lunch with my parents, and now back home. Henry is napping, I have a 50lb watermelon chilling in the fridge, a roast in the crock pot and I have gotten my fridge cleaned out and laundry going. I am nesting, I guess, because I'm usually not this domestic. I'm going to try and finish decluttering and organizing my kitchen in a few minutes, and then on to the book shelves. Planning to haul a bunch to the thrift store later and pop in to see if I can find some decent maternity shorts, since this co-op is probably not going to ship for another month, huh?

Danielle - stop torturing yourself! Wait and see what the insurance people say - you might be stressing yourself out for nothing.

Shannon - glad y'all had fun at the zoo! You needed a break!

Cheli - I don't really do FB, but I'd love to hear your question! I was an English major for a couple years, I love stuff like this.

I didn't realize your MIL lived with you. Ugh. I can't imagine. (DP has no family. At all. I think I'm pretty lucky )

Tracy - how did that hair cut go? I put Henry's off so long last time my mama wound up taking him. Bad, I know, but my nerves just can't take it sometimes.

Jen - I've never been to Orlando, but how FUN! I have a friend that went a few weeks ago (with toddlers) and loved it. I bet y'all have a blast. I'm not far from being a teen - can I come?

Rachael - I'm with you. Barely a B here. Pregnancy does nothing for my boobs, and 2.5 years of BFing just deflated them. Eh, I don't guess I really care. Nothing 3 grand and a day at the hospital won't fix, right?
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #25
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Rachael - I did drink some RRL tea right at the beginning of labor. I made it extra strong, and downed about a pint of it in the first hour. I didn't ice it, but I did cool it down in the fridge so it was not cold, but cool.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #26
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

These boobs are out of control! I was very happy being a small C before getting pregnant with Rosie and then was fine being a big C or D cup while pregnant with her. Nursing I did go up to a DD for a few months, but that didn't bother me too much - I just had milk jugs.

I was still nursing for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of this pregnancy, and I am shocked that my boobs have decided that they need to grow again! Enough is enough! In the last few weeks Rosie has started pulling my shirt away to "look at mama's boobies." Usually in public too (and she loudly announces what she's doing so everyone will know). And yesterday my friend's sweet 20 month old daughter pulled at my bathing suit top to peak at my boobs. It is hilarious, but I think these boobs are getting too much attention. I have to layer all the time to keep my cleavage at a somewhat acceptable level. Like, 3 inches of cleavage instead of 6! You'd think maternity shirts would give more boob coverage.

To make my trip to LA extra fun this weekend, my credit card company just called me and alerted me to some fraudulent charges put on my card today. Across the country. Gah! So I've cancelled my card (my only one, the only thing I use) and I'm waiting for a new one. They said that they can send it 2-day mail so I'm hoping I'll get it before I leave on Friday. Otherwise I guess I can use cash or my debit card, but I know that debit isn't as secure as credit cards. And I hate carrying cash. Grrrrrrrr.

Last edited by JamieJLD; 06-30-2010 at 02:50 PM.
JamieJLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #27
scuddles
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jen--I think you'll be okay with public transportation and that size group. Funny about not liking the rides--that's my favorite part of Busch Gardens too! But, I haven't been in years, there's probably plenty to do besides that.

You all are making me laugh with the boob talk. I think I'm just now actually an A, instead of a "barely A". I'm glad to hear that my small boob size was probably not the only reason breastfeeding didn't work out for me--maybe we'll do better this time!

I'm leaving work a little early because I'm too tired to concentrate anymore. I have 6-8 people coming to stay with us this weekend, and between getting ready for them, work, normal home duties and not sleeping well, I'm pooped. I'm seriously considering eating out and hitting a mom to mom sale rather than cooking and cleaning tonight....we'll have to see what my guys think about that idea!

GO GATORS!
scuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #28
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

jen-wow, your mom is tiny! My mom is 5'8 and dad is 6 foot and i am 5'10 but dh is 6'2 or 6'3...so our kids will probably all be tall.

laura-sounds like a great day! I am so jealous of your berries...i think we will go get blueberries next weekend. Lmao about your boob dilemma. I was a c for the first few months nursing then a b then right back to an a. But they look pretty much the same as before i was nursing...knock wood. Good to know about the RRL tea...i will wait and see what the temp is in late sep. and decide warm or iced.

jamie-i have found maternity shirts try to show off the girls...frankly, it makes my small boobs uncomfortable. Grr about the credit card fraud...we had the same thing a few months ago...it was horrible.

michelle-yeah, my 34A grew a kid in the 99th % for weight...so my mom jokes i make half and half. I hope you have a better experience and tons of support nursing this time. I vote eating out and mom to mom sale! Go for it!

AFM-turkey burgers and corn on the cob...mmmm...and lettuce and tomatoes from our garden on the burgers!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #29
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Where is our facebook thread? I can't find it. Y'all add me - I'm feeling left out.

henrysmama2 at gmail dot com
Old 06-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #30
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

Laura.. basically the question gave me 2 simple sentences and I'm supposed to pick the better sentence and explain what it's an example of as far a Sentences & Style.

For example.
a. Karen is a knowledgeable intelligent person.
b. Karen is a knowledgeable, intelligent person.

B is the better choice because it shows the proper use of a comma.

So the one I can't figure out is...
a. The four business travelers were relaxing in the airport terminal.
b. The four business travelers were lounging idly in the airport terminal.

To me B sounds better. But I haven't the foggiest idea what it's example of.

It's 1 point out of 20 so I'm seriously about ready to just BS the answer because I haven't got a clue and it's driving me insane.
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote