Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Dec. Bellies Daily Chat 6/30

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope that he finds the comfort in being close to you again, it sounds like bad timing with a newborn. Good luck to his family as the make the transition.

sarahakamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
Registered Users

I am sorry to hear about your brother's job loss. I have a brother who lives half the country away, and would be a tiny bit excited to have him move back home, closer, but it must be real hard.
I confirmed my ultrasound for this saturday, this will be it for us, at least for the free ultrasounds, I promised my friend I wouldnt bug him for another after this, since it is at a hospital. if baby isnt showing the goods we can always pay $45 to have a gender scan at a local place
Amanda, wife to Paul (07/04), mom to Veronica (12/04) Valerie (01/06)
Vincent (12/10) & Violette (01/13)
Proud 2x Surrogate, girl breech vaginally! 04/08/08 & a boy 08/28/09
flame_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Oh Tabbytoes, Thats awful about your brothers job loss. I'm sure he'll enjoy being back in town sharing his precious little newborn with everyone!

I don't have time again today. The kids and I are having lunch with DH in 30 mins and we aren't even dressed. I'm super tired from last night, I set up the air matress in the boys room and let them watch toons while I tried to nap. It never works out the way I want of actually being able to nap but just the 2 min nap here and there helped. I hope you mama's are having a wonderful day!
Alicia. CPST!
Mama to Trinton 6-15-2007 ,Gavin 11-18-2008 Emma 11-27-2010, and with our last baby BOY 10-05-2012!
Proud to Corey.
T&Gmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

thanks guys! he is super bummed out but i keep telling him all the good stuff that will come of it. When they told us she was preg he was kinda upset because he wants his child to be very involved with us not just visit a couple times a year. so its bad that he is losing his job but there is still a lot of relief kwim? they are a young couple (shes 21 hes 22) this baby wasn't planned, but my brother is awesome he has been supporting her financially through all of it. she lost her job shortly before she found out she was preg (touristy area so jobs are usually linked to tourism) and no one would hire her pregnant. his gf was a foster kid and is trying very hard to relate to our family and get close. she is craving family especially at this point in her life, she calls me all the time she is super sweet. I've only met her twice but she calls me her sister lol. she has no family at all and they are kinda on their own down there. I know he is still upset about his job but i know he will find another one here and they will be fine. i think what is bothering him most is they will have to move in with mom for a while lol.
tabbytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #15
Registered Users

Sorry for you all that had bad nights!

g&g, Wow! What an awesome DH to plane a getaway! So jealous

Courtney, enjoy getting your DS back tomorrow. So sweet that your DD misses him so much

Amanda, hope you had fun cleaning. I hate doing it but always feel better after the fact!

tamesis, glad the move went well! I totally understand the MIL thing. Sometimes all you can do is smile

tabby, wow, so sorry about your brother's job loss, especially right after he had a baby! Glad he's got good family to lean on

Well the doc appt went well! DH's nose is a bit inflammed but nothing serious! So that's awesome because his regular doc was saying he was going to need surgery and all these scary things!

We went to the Tricare office and I switched to standard which means I can go off base to any provider in my area that will accept my insurance. I have to pay a co-pay for non-maternity things but I think it will be worth it not to deal with their hassles. They still won't pay anything for me to have a homebirth (they will pay for homebirth but only with CNM not CPM, no CNM's in the area). But, we're meeting with the midwife later this week and if we "click" with her and feel it is the best for us, we'll just pay out of pocket. Honestly, I'd rather pay and have the experience that I want!

Hope you all had a wonderful day!
Megan, Navy wifey to A, Homeschooling Mama to L ('09) and I ('10)
Expecting Adeline Kate August '14!

Our Blog: Small Hands Inspired.
elizabeth429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

Tabby, I'm sorry about your brother...but maybe it is a blessing in disguise since he will be close to you guys! And I get the whole not wanting to move back in with your parents...I did in college and it was like ugh! You feel like such a kid again!

Megan, glad to hear your appointment and Tricare visit went well!

I should have been cleaning my messy messy house and getting ready for our weekend, but I did this instead while DD napped (I brought her home on Mother's Day-best present ever!).....oh well, I got a load of diapers done! That counts right? =)~
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #17
Registered Users

Got to hear bean's heartbeat today for the first time! 150bpm
Off to bed .... *fingers crossed for a better night*
Jen... Wife to be to Dave and Mom to Alisha (09/18/04) and Luke (02/18/09) and Owen born on Christmas day 2010!
Down to Earth Baby Gear
Canadian Owned cloth diaper and baby carrier site
Follow the cloth diaper challenge!
alishasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:09 AM   #18
Registered Users
My Mood:

Well I hope everyone else had better nights last night, I know I did (fell asleep on the couch at 8pm :-).
So nice to have a place we share everyday, I wish I could check in a little more.
Kristy~ISO: Sleep!

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote