Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
**Daily Chat Wednesday June 30/10**

Morning Ladies!

I can't believe it's the last day of June!!! Time seems to be flying lately.
It's my last day of full time daycare until school is back in again starting in September...so that will be a bit weird, but also nice just having my 2.
I wanted to take the kids on a picnic lunch today, but it's quite chilly and windy out so we will have to find something else fun to do instead.

Did some fluffy shopping this morning I'm starting to go a bit over board I think ...need to hold back a bit and buy some actual clothes for the little guy. His butt will be cutely covered at least.

Tomorrow is our holiday here..so everything is closed. My hubby has to work like usual so it's just me and the kiddos. They're having a parade/ festival we're gonna go to, I'll just have to skip the fire works bc I think its too late to keep them up/will be too loud for them.

What is everyone else up to today?? Hope you all have a great day with whatever is going on.

Advertisement

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
Circe
Registered Users
seller

Re: **Daily Chat Wednesday June 30/10**

Alisha--have fun with just your kids for a while! What holiday is it? I have the opposite problem: baby girl is going to have a nice wardrobe, but may have only 3-4 dipes. I've got to get going on those!

I'm cleaning closets again this morning and then taking Porter swimming at a friend's house. I stayed up late watching the College World Series, so I'm starting off slowly this morning.

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's Canada Day for us (like your 4th of July) I'm going with 2 of my friends and their kids so it should be fun.

I need to clean out closets too...and go through the bins of baby stuff to take a head count for what I need to get and what needs to be thrown out. My son was pretty hard on some of his stuff (that I bought used to begin with ) so I'm thinking a trip to a few mom sales and the consignment shops are in order. I love buying kids stuff used....they wear it for such a short time...and this time it will most likely be my last baby that I don't need to keep anything afterwards.

Here's a question...for all you mamas with multiple kids...what kind of diaper bags do you use? At the moment I just have a purse style one that has tons of pockets and the middle has a cooler section where I usually keep sippy cups/snacks and toys that need to be accessible fast. Each of the kids has a section for their stuff....but I know it's not gonna be big enough for a newborn as well. Breanna is totally toilet trained in the day so when we go places its usually just a change of clothes for her and a sippy (if we go on super long car rides she does wear a diper bc I don't expect her to hold it that long)
But Caleb is still a full time diaper wearer so that will leave me with 2 babies in full time diapers.
I also have my daycare buddy that we take out when he's with us....
I was seriously thinking maybe just a backpack with lots of compartments and spots that way everything can be organized. I have my wetbag that can be attached to the outside so that's not an issue for the wet dipes.

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Totally have a cloth problem this time around. With DD my stash was very small 18 diapers. But I have been sewing diapers like crazy. I hadn't even bought anything since I found out I was pg, but this last week has been buying a whole different story. Won a lotto, bought some covers and then my friend calls saying that the local store was moving so they were having a destashing sale. So I bought 3 diapers yesterday when I went for mama cloth and contoured nursing pads.

Alisha I don't know about multi kid diaper bags from my own experience, but my sister always used a cute backpack with her 4. The NB would get the large pocket, the still in diapers would get a smaller middle and the older 2 shared the other spots along with my sisters basics. I love my wired up designs bag that I sewed, but it doesn't sound much different than what you are carrying unless it is bigger. But you can carry it with the shoulder strap or carry it with the backpack straps.

AFM- Today is DH's actual birthday. I was supposed to work but one of my co-workers needed a last minute shift trade. So I work tomorrow night now. Which frees me up to go to a church playdate and be with DH for his birthday. Our playdate should be fun we are going to go to a spraypark, this cool craft place called kaleidescope, a train inspired restaurant with trains that deliver food and an indoor play exhibit based on the PBS series/books Clifford the big red dog.

Last edited by tedcgh; 06-30-2010 at 07:09 AM.
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #5
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

I might need a different bag too. We have a land's end back pack style bag andI love it, but I doubt I can pack for two kids.

I have bought nothing for my little jelly bean. Well, 12 prefolds that haven't been washed and mightnot be used.

Hope the holiday is good for you guys!!!
We have no plans this weekend to celebrate.

Today??? I've got to write a new coverletter and call the local High School that has a biology position open. UGH. I get so worked up about it.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
SimpleAtHeart
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circe View Post
Alisha--have fun with just your kids for a while! What holiday is it? I have the opposite problem: baby girl is going to have a nice wardrobe, but may have only 3-4 dipes. I've got to get going on those!

I'm cleaning closets again this morning and then taking Porter swimming at a friend's house. I stayed up late watching the College World Series, so I'm starting off slowly this morning.
Good Morning ladies !!!

Alisha,

Have fun today !!! Enjoy the Summer break !!

Circe,

enjoy the gratification of tidy, organized closets !!!! I`m envious !!

AFM: I have an ob-gyn appt. today. We are going to attempt to get a little summer reading done and "maybe" some writing.
It`s a beautiful day here......... I feel like having corn on the cob and macaroni salad tonight with something grilled !!!!!! I`m planning this all at 9am over a cup of coffee...... my appetite and desire to eat will change so many times today that by the time for dinner I could be wanting something completely different !!!!

What are most of you choosing to use on your NB: Fitteds, Flats, something else ???? please share !!!!!
SimpleAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #7
CokeLover
Registered Users
seller

Good morning ladies! Today is going good so far I am going with MIL to a motherhood to see if I can find some pants that fit and don't have HUGE crotch holes LOL. Yesterday I got a lot done for me LOL I got 5 loads of laundry done the front room cleaned and the kitchen cleaned I am super happy about that. I am hoping to get the kids rooms cleaned today! That will be a huge challenge.
For this baby we are planning on using fitteds and wool or PUL covers. It is going to be a lot cheaper for me to do wool this time as I am knitting everything instead of someone else. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
pamnkevin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning everyone

I am getting really nervous about my u/s tomorrow. I shouldn't be, but I'm just scared somethings going to be wrong with the baby. I'm super paranoid this time around. Guess I'm still feeling like this is all too good to be true since the last pregnancy.

Anyone else super gassy lately??? It's really driving me crazy because it won't come out. It just feels like it bubbles up all day long and doesn't go anywhere!

Alisha...we have several diaper bags in our house. (i like to switch them around like they're my purses) Anyway...I have about 6 and my two favorites are my skip hop studio tote http://www.skiphop.com/product/21500.html and my dadgear backpack http://www.dadgear.com/gear_detail.cfm?itemID=10. Both are very very spacious and I'm hoping will work for 2 kiddos. In fact...I don't carry the backpack one often because I don't have enough to put in it. We use it mostly for daylong trips or overnight stays.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #9
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleAtHeart View Post
Good Morning ladies !!!

Alisha,

Have fun today !!! Enjoy the Summer break !!

Circe,

enjoy the gratification of tidy, organized closets !!!! I`m envious !!

AFM: I have an ob-gyn appt. today. We are going to attempt to get a little summer reading done and "maybe" some writing.
It`s a beautiful day here......... I feel like having corn on the cob and macaroni salad tonight with something grilled !!!!!! I`m planning this all at 9am over a cup of coffee...... my appetite and desire to eat will change so many times today that by the time for dinner I could be wanting something completely different !!!!

What are most of you choosing to use on your NB: Fitteds, Flats, something else ???? please share !!!!!
MMMMM, macaroni salad!!! Yum.. I feel ya on the appetite changing thing.
I wish it weren't so hot here. blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeLover View Post
Good morning ladies! Today is going good so far I am going with MIL to a motherhood to see if I can find some pants that fit and don't have HUGE crotch holes LOL. Yesterday I got a lot done for me LOL I got 5 loads of laundry done the front room cleaned and the kitchen cleaned I am super happy about that. I am hoping to get the kids rooms cleaned today! That will be a huge challenge.
For this baby we are planning on using fitteds and wool or PUL covers. It is going to be a lot cheaper for me to do wool this time as I am knitting everything instead of someone else. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Hope you find some awesome pants!!

5 LOADS OF LAUNDRY???? That's nuts.

I've emailed my coverletter and resume to an office lady at the school.....so that it's doesn't get lost in the spam filter. I'm gonna call back in a little bit to make sure she found it.....they always go to the spam filter.....

She said they'll start interviews tomorrow. FX. I'm pretty sure i'll get an interview, it's the getting-the-job part I'm not good at.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamnkevin View Post
Morning everyone

I am getting really nervous about my u/s tomorrow. I shouldn't be, but I'm just scared somethings going to be wrong with the baby. I'm super paranoid this time around. Guess I'm still feeling like this is all too good to be true since the last pregnancy.

Anyone else super gassy lately??? It's really driving me crazy because it won't come out. It just feels like it bubbles up all day long and doesn't go anywhere!

Alisha...we have several diaper bags in our house. (i like to switch them around like they're my purses) Anyway...I have about 6 and my two favorites are my skip hop studio tote http://www.skiphop.com/product/21500.html and my dadgear backpack http://www.dadgear.com/gear_detail.cfm?itemID=10. Both are very very spacious and I'm hoping will work for 2 kiddos. In fact...I don't carry the backpack one often because I don't have enough to put in it. We use it mostly for daylong trips or overnight stays.
Oh Pam, gassy is my middle name!!!! and, I feel the way you do about the U/S. I'm nervous too. I feel like a don't deserve a perfectly healthy baby---ridiculous, I know. I'm keeping my FX that everything is fine for both of us!!! Can't wait to hear the news!!!!