Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #21
Mom2frick&frack
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: **Daily Chat Wednesday June 30/10**

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

Been in the dumps lately and don't want to dump on you guys.

U/S Monday evening was good. As usual my kid was over active and hard to get any good shots. It took the tech a while to get all the measurements she needed. I will admit we tried to peak at parts (we did this w/DS too) even though we don't really want to know anything. Baby was moving too much to tell what it was. Same as DS. I'm sure the tech could tell but she's not allowed to tell the sex so going there was a good thing instead of a Dr's office. One time it looked like it could be a boy and another time it looked like it was a girl. No biggie since I don't want to know anyway. I have had girl vibes for a month now so in just over 4 months we'll know for sure.

Hope to be around soon when I feel like contributing.

Miss you all!

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #22
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

on here for a quick break between cleaning. i have a ton to do and i hate it! so i clean something, come on here, clean something , come on here. and drink my fluid intake while on computer.

i have a midwife appoinment at 4pm. she hasnt measured my uterus yet so im not sure when she starts to do that. i think ihave gained 4 or 5lbs this last month and im so disappointed. im trying not to be though as i know i need to gain some weight for baby but i hate seeing the scale go up.

picked up the new van last night and the kids were so excited!! lol
Old 06-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #23
SimpleAtHeart
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have PLENTY of OS fitteds and fuzibunz (Lg).

Nothing for NB and have never tried prefolds. I know I need to buy, just not sure what exactly.

Is it just a matter of preferrrence or is one better at that stage than the other (prefold vs fitteds) ????
SimpleAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #24
CokeLover
Registered Users
seller

In the way of Cloth for this baby I have 18 KL0's half dozen fitteds, 2 dozen prefitteds and then I have about 3 dozen prefolds.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW! WE got some chatty mamas this morning! lol

-cecili- I hope the whole job thing turns out for you, its just so hard with this economy right now, I feel your frustration!
-Alisha- I loved the Skip hop duo diaperbags, they were cute/stylish but totally functionable at the same time.. not too bulky. And i know how you feel about the diaper to clothes ratio thing... my child has a full stash and barely any clothes at the moment I just have to wait for my fluffy mail to come!
-Tiffany- that soudns like alot of fun! have fun for your dh's birthday, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM!!

Good luck to those who have appts/ultrasounds today!!

AFM:
Well, today is day 2 with my dh's siblings.. I gave the oldest one specific instructions to have the kids in bed by 10-10:30 and to have the house SPOTLESS... and i got home at 11:30... kids were still up and arguing about a movie.. and my house was a mess.
So, I stayed up late making sure all the kids were in bed, and cleaning my house.
then this AM, ds woke up at like 6:30, so i brought him in my bed to sleep for a few more hours, because he stayed up WAY too late.. there was no way i was going to deal with a sassy boy, so we slept until 9:30ish.. well he and dh did.. I was smooshed in the middle
then I had to make breakfast, which actually turned out great I made pancakes, and bacon. and they hoovered it down.
Then i set up the pool and slip n slide outside.. so they all got to play in that..
I just finished cleaning the fish tank, and gave them a snack, and im going to start lunch soon. I dont know how people can have so many kids.. im pretty sure dh and i will be done with kids once addison is born, Cuz i am so stressed out its unbelievable! lol
I just have to keep telling myself... only two more days.. only two more days!

Im excited for thurs though.. my friend is having a rummage, as well as their neighbor.. and they have ALL GIRL CLOTHES! newborn and up! Im excited!! Im going to SPLURGE!
(krystal, i hope you can join me on this super sweet ocassion )
Korin mommy to connor 1/11/07 and Addison 11/15/10 due with baby #3 11/10/15
wahm behind Shizz Knitz
connorsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #26
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Korin-I'm sure they're acting out a little. You're not their mother so they may be acting on tha. If they were your own kids they'd be used to a routine.
Sorry its been so stressful, but you're right-wo more days.....it's not that long..........ha, I have two more days til my u/s and it's taking for-ever!!!

So, Now I've got the headache. Started last night-took tylenol and I woke with it this morning. Had some offee and it lessened a little, but now it's back.
I am drinking enough, I know that. Maybe stress???? UGH.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #27
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Korin, I agree with Cecili. . . having your kids plus someone else's kids in your house is so much different than just having your own kids. My kids act differently when other kids are around, even if its just my neices. . . and I'm sure my neices act different when my kids are around. Just my
Old 06-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #28
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alishamommy View Post
It's Canada Day for us (like your 4th of July) I'm going with 2 of my friends and their kids so it should be fun.

I need to clean out closets too...and go through the bins of baby stuff to take a head count for what I need to get and what needs to be thrown out. My son was pretty hard on some of his stuff (that I bought used to begin with ) so I'm thinking a trip to a few mom sales and the consignment shops are in order. I love buying kids stuff used....they wear it for such a short time...and this time it will most likely be my last baby that I don't need to keep anything afterwards.

Here's a question...for all you mamas with multiple kids...what kind of diaper bags do you use? At the moment I just have a purse style one that has tons of pockets and the middle has a cooler section where I usually keep sippy cups/snacks and toys that need to be accessible fast. Each of the kids has a section for their stuff....but I know it's not gonna be big enough for a newborn as well. Breanna is totally toilet trained in the day so when we go places its usually just a change of clothes for her and a sippy (if we go on super long car rides she does wear a diper bc I don't expect her to hold it that long)
But Caleb is still a full time diaper wearer so that will leave me with 2 babies in full time diapers.
I also have my daycare buddy that we take out when he's with us....
I was seriously thinking maybe just a backpack with lots of compartments and spots that way everything can be organized. I have my wetbag that can be attached to the outside so that's not an issue for the wet dipes.
Happy Canada Day to you!

As for diaper bags, I have one that was made by a wahm. She donated a diaper bag set to a charity auction. She made my bag, and I've never heard from her again! She was a stay at home mom but wasn't sure if she wanted to dabble in the wahm world. I wish she did! I would recommend my diaper bag maker to ANYONE! She's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I might need a different bag too. We have a land's end back pack style bag andI love it, but I doubt I can pack for two kids.

I have bought nothing for my little jelly bean. Well, 12 prefolds that haven't been washed and mightnot be used.

Hope the holiday is good for you guys!!!
We have no plans this weekend to celebrate.

Today??? I've got to write a new coverletter and call the local High School that has a biology position open. UGH. I get so worked up about it.

Good luck on the new job opening!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamnkevin View Post
Morning everyone

I am getting really nervous about my u/s tomorrow. I shouldn't be, but I'm just scared somethings going to be wrong with the baby. I'm super paranoid this time around. Guess I'm still feeling like this is all too good to be true since the last pregnancy.

Anyone else super gassy lately??? It's really driving me crazy because it won't come out. It just feels like it bubbles up all day long and doesn't go anywhere!

Alisha...we have several diaper bags in our house. (i like to switch them around like they're my purses) Anyway...I have about 6 and my two favorites are my skip hop studio tote http://www.skiphop.com/product/21500.html and my dadgear backpack http://www.dadgear.com/gear_detail.cfm?itemID=10. Both are very very spacious and I'm hoping will work for 2 kiddos. In fact...I don't carry the backpack one often because I don't have enough to put in it. We use it mostly for daylong trips or overnight stays.
Gassy?? haha! I told dh we should buy stock in TUMS, I go through them so fast during pregnancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorsmama View Post
WOW! WE got some chatty mamas this morning! lol

-cecili- I hope the whole job thing turns out for you, its just so hard with this economy right now, I feel your frustration!
-Alisha- I loved the Skip hop duo diaperbags, they were cute/stylish but totally functionable at the same time.. not too bulky. And i know how you feel about the diaper to clothes ratio thing... my child has a full stash and barely any clothes at the moment I just have to wait for my fluffy mail to come!
-Tiffany- that soudns like alot of fun! have fun for your dh's birthday, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM!!

Good luck to those who have appts/ultrasounds today!!

AFM:
Well, today is day 2 with my dh's siblings.. I gave the oldest one specific instructions to have the kids in bed by 10-10:30 and to have the house SPOTLESS... and i got home at 11:30... kids were still up and arguing about a movie.. and my house was a mess.
So, I stayed up late making sure all the kids were in bed, and cleaning my house.
then this AM, ds woke up at like 6:30, so i brought him in my bed to sleep for a few more hours, because he stayed up WAY too late.. there was no way i was going to deal with a sassy boy, so we slept until 9:30ish.. well he and dh did.. I was smooshed in the middle
then I had to make breakfast, which actually turned out great I made pancakes, and bacon. and they hoovered it down.
Then i set up the pool and slip n slide outside.. so they all got to play in that..
I just finished cleaning the fish tank, and gave them a snack, and im going to start lunch soon. I dont know how people can have so many kids.. im pretty sure dh and i will be done with kids once addison is born, Cuz i am so stressed out its unbelievable! lol
I just have to keep telling myself... only two more days.. only two more days!

Im excited for thurs though.. my friend is having a rummage, as well as their neighbor.. and they have ALL GIRL CLOTHES! newborn and up! Im excited!! Im going to SPLURGE!
(krystal, i hope you can join me on this super sweet ocassion )
The rumage sale sounds AWESOME!!!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #29
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I just got back from taking dd3 to the dr and I'm pretty frustrated. I can see blisters on the back part of her tongue but she wouldn't open her mouth far enough for the dr to see. He tried for about 5 minutes then looked at me funny and sent me home. Then we got in the car and she stuck her tongue out all the way and I saw them again. So I'm frustrated. IDK what's going on with her or what to do to help her kick whatever she has. All I can really do is watch her and make sure they don't spread and make sure she isn't uncomfortable. IDK what else to do.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #30
Circe
Registered Users
seller

I got the upstairs closets cleaned out (except for Dh's guitar stuff--that's another battle for another day). Porter and I went swimming, and now we're back home picking stuff out of the garden. I've picked 29 tomatoes, several dozen cherry tomatoes, 9 banana peppers, 3 squash, and 2 bell peppers. Dh has picked about 5 gallons of peas, so I guess we will be shelling peas tonight. We also have about 20 watermelons growing that will be awesome if it ever rains again!

I love fresh veggies!

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote