Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
NolaMom1124
Registered Users

Selling diapers??

Help me out mamas's. I have some sized Fuzzi Bunz that I don't want anymore. They are in EEUC. We've used them for about 4 months only part time. I haven't sold anything online and don't know much about it. What would I have to do? I have paypal but have no clue about the fees and everything? Can you ladies help me out!

Advertisement

NolaMom1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Kayleen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Selling diapers??

There is the FSOT section here (under Marketplace). Choose the appropriate section to sell your dipes in.

Take pics of your dipes (Inside, outside, details, staining, etc) and upload to flickr or photobucket. I personally use photobucket. I upload diaper pics in the medium size. Make sure they are in a seperate folder so you don't have to move the pics at all. If you move hte pics you will break any HTML links you have when they are posted and they won't be visible in the posting.

Once pics are uploaded, create a sale thread in hte FSOT here. List all the details, price, whether shipping delivery confirmation is included, etc. To link the pics, you choose the pic in photobucket, copy the code that is under the pic (photobucket - the IMG code) and paste it into your FSOT post. That way the pics show up and not jsut a link back to photobucket. You can edit your title and post at any time and format it using all the items above, go advanced for more options.

As far as paypal, fees are minimal. $1.00 fee for $25 purchase. You end up with $24. Just something to keep in mind. People need to pay you for "Goods purchased", not as a personal payment. Once htey send payment you will have their address. You can print packing slips, print/purchase postage through paypal itself. I don't have a scale at home so I take everything to the post office myself. Alway fill out delivery confirmation forms so you have tracking and record of it being sent. Once I ship the items, I go back to paypal and enter the delivery confirmation number in to paypal. The buyer gets an email letting them know the item was shipped and the tracking number.

Not hard, only as hard as you make it. Just play around with it a bit. You can preview your posting at anytime before you official post it (advanced mode). I always make sure when I post pics to never post more than two side by side, that way all screens can handle it and you don't end up with a post that goes on forever to the rightside.

PM for more questions/details, but that's the gist of it. Works for me. You will figure it out quickly.
Kayleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Kayleen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also once you post somehting, bump and update it often. Bump twice a day and update as soon as it's sold.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
NolaMom1124
Registered Users

Thanks so much! My brother sells a lot of things on Ebay but I haven't. This really helped!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

I would also recomend looking at some other threads in the FSOT section to give you an idea of how to list things..

you may want to note if you are a smoke free/pet free home as well. I know some buyers have allerigies etc.
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
NolaMom1124
Registered Users

Thanks! What's the best way to ship the diapers?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
Kayleen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you can get some grey poly mailers they are cheap and lightweight. I purchase poly bubble envelopes from Target/local stores. Most of the time 1-3 dipes can go first class parcel, otherwise priority mail. Just as for cheapest way with delivery confimation unless you promised a faster delivery.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
gotchagomo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am so glad you asked this Nola mom--I'm planning on getting into the selling dipes game also and this has been the best walk-through I've read. Very clear and concise. Thanks, Kayleen!
gotchagomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
Kayleen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No problem everyone. 16months ago I was just starting out with CD's and just figured it out on my own, lots of reading. It is much easier if someone explains it to you first! Happy selling!!!

Last edited by Kayleen; 06-30-2010 at 08:52 PM.