Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how do you take time to relax while pregnant?

i have 3 little ones right now (all under age 5) and i find it very hard to take time to relax and slow down. i know it is best for the pregnancy to take it easy, but lately i have been fighting with my hubby and getting upset about various things, i kind of feel my emotions are out of my control at times.

how do you find time to relax and regroup? to read a book or the bible (if religious)? any other suggestions?

thanks mamas

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
tabbytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how do you take time to relax while pregnant?

can't help you on how to find time with little ones. but i hope you find a way to make time for you
tabbytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
flame_chick
Registered Users
seller
seller

it almost impossible to do! the time I spend on the computer is my down time!
I am not one who believes that you should "take it easy" during pregnancy, unless there is a medical reason, like placenta previa, or high blood pressure something like that etc.
I think being active during pregnancy is great for your body and baby, just not to "over do" things, is the key.
flame_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I sit down regularly which takes a concerted effort on my part. I am always on the go but I really do need extra rest during my pregnancies.

I read my Bible at night when the kids go to bed. This is always the best time for me even when I'm not pg. You might find it helpful to play worship music in the background during the day. It kind of sets an atmosphere in our home and reminds me about my attitude.

When I am feeling irritated by DH I simply make a point to pray for him (read: his wife) more often. It puts things in perspective for me.

When I am particularly irritated with my kids for no really good reason then lately I have been making a point to hold them, tickle them, read a book to them and laugh a lot. It recharges my loving spirit toward them.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
elizabeth429
Registered Users
seller

I only have one child, so my guess is my life is a bit calmer in general than yours! But, DD goes to bed at 7 each night and I try to have some "me time" to reflect upon the day. I make sure I thank God for all the good in my life and how blessed I am. I think when we're tired and stressed it's so easy to focus on the negative, and it takes over my whole attitude towards life.

I have started taking warm baths in the evenings before bed, and read, or sometimes just meditate and enjoy the silence. It has been helping me sleep better, too.

Our Blog: Small Hands Inspired.
elizabeth429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
g&g
Registered Users

My Mood:

I drink a nice cup of tea. Earth Mama Angel Baby has a nice pregnancy blend called Peaceful Mama Tea. I make cards and other paper crafts so I get crafty to unwind. I also try to journal (but haven't in a few weeks-oops!) and writing everything down before bed seems to get it out of my mind so I can chill.
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A warm bath and a good book always work for me, but I have to wait until the kids are in bed!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
alishasmom
Registered Users

I read while nursing my son for naps/bedtime. It is my relax and "me" time. Even though he is attached to me, lol
Follow the cloth diaper challenge! http://clothchallenge.blogspot.com
alishasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
hypmommy3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this isn''t very relaxing but I love to get my eyebrows waxed. lol It is only ten dollars around the corner, it brightens up my face and it beats plucking out fifty hairs once a month. I can't do them everyday, just no time. For relaxation, I listen to my meditation, hypnosis, or piano music after a bath and while in bed. My faaaave!
hypmommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Will your littles sit down whiel you read to them? Even for 15 minutes. That is awlays calming for me.

When DH gets home at night, will he put the kids to bed, so you can have a moment of quiet time.

I let my littles watch cartoons in the morning with a breakfast bar, so I can slowly start my day.

Daily rest time, for everyone, even the oldest, at our house they may read, play legos. etc... but it must be quiet for 1 hour every day.

Good luck, this is the hardest time in your life, as they get older it does get easier!