Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #21
tabbytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: help me make a list please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakewright View Post
Oh, how about things we don't like...I hate plastic baby bath tubs. haha

I would hate taking a bath in 4" of water.

I just wait until the cord comes off and the first bath is with daddy in the big tub and them from that day on, when they need a bath it is either with one of us, or in the big tub with 5-6 inches of water and I just sit on the side and hold babies head, and let them float. I have everything ready that I will need right there including a towel in my nap and just go for it.

My babies (all of them, even the foster babies so over 20) have never cried for those kind of bathes. they love them!
i've thought about not using a baby bathtub lol. i know my mom bathed us in the sink until we were to big. serious question though........does the warm water relax them enough you have accidents?? i mean pee i could deal with if i was bathing with them that would be no big deal, but poo... not so much lol.

Advertisement

tabbytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #22
Farm_Mama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbytoes View Post
........does the warm water relax them enough you have accidents?? i mean pee i could deal with if i was bathing with them that would be no big deal, but poo... not so much lol.
Oh mama, you'll get so used to poo that bathtub accidents will be no biggie... and yes, the warm water is very relaxing. When I had little ones with tummy aches the warm bath was always a big help in "getting things moving".
Old 07-02-2010, 05:22 AM   #23
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Things I didn't like...
Dislike #1- lol, baby monitor. DS went into his crib at 5 months, after 2 weeks we turned off the baby monitors and never looked back. We were never that far away from him that we couldn't hear him, and if by chance we were both out in the garage during a nap then we just went into check every 15 min. Ugh, that monitor just kept me awake at night...you don't just hear baby you hear the echo of everything else in the house.
dislike #2- Diaper bag, yes diaper bag! I learned in the first months there was no way I was toting this thing around with me and it stayed in the car. By 3m it was permanent in my house and in the pocket of my purse is 2 sposies, baggies with a few wipes, a plastic grocery bag, a small tube of cream and that's all I NEVER needed. Seriously I think we have been out long enough that I needed to use the sposies 2x in 18m. Now if we are going on an all day outing the diaper bag does come by it stays in the car for an emergency. A box of raisins, 2 little cars, and some crayons just stay in my purse all of the time. I have never needed anymore then I can carry in my purse. He was BF so I didn't need to bring bottles or anything to feed him.
Dislike #3- baby lotion, baby oil, & powder. The baby lotion we just use to play with, baby oil still sealed, and powder I just opened after 18m because with the ac out I noticed my son had a little bit of heat rash and put it on to help keep him dry and cool last night.
I could go on, but there were just so many things I got that I never used or saw as pointless. Yahoo had a list of the 5 things you need for baby and it really summed up all I ever really needed. With the exception of little thing. I think less is best, all the other stuff just sits around and makes life more of a pain :-)

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote