Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat Thursday July 1st

karen-i'd take a good breeze when it's 90...too hot.

tracy-ugh...lor was up at 5:50...maybe they are in cahoots. Hugs. Glad Bens haircut went smoothly. Why the gtt again if you passed?

jamie-wahoo! I know that excitement! Hoorah Rosie!

Laura-yay for a good nights sleep! That is awesome!

Erica-so glad you are able to stay home and got everything moved. Yay for dry weather!

mag-me too, each day is harder to wake up. Hugs!

randie-so jealous...i want one...i keep hoping dh will suprise me with one!

AFM-Lor's nap and my treadmill time! Then my last birthing video from my doula and when dh gets home i am off to the 80% off summer clothes consignment sale with my neighbor.

Advertisement

~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #22
jakossi
Registered Users
seller

Rachael - you are go, go, go

Lisa - Sorry sleep eluded you last night. Guess I'll have to be more like the "persistent widow" and keep nagging the Big Boss to grant you some sleep. My super sleeper (aka DD) was up at 11:30pm screaming bloody murder (with her eyes closed) as well. Changed the diaper, skin looked good (she has bad eczema which sometimes drives her crazy at night), gave her a teething tablet which settled her down for about 30 seconds. Eventually gave her some Tylenol. She didn't want to be touched so I alternated between trying to rock and cuddle her and just laying her on her blanket on the floor. Lasted about 15-20 minutes. Interestingly enough, it was Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show that calmed her down (or maybe the drugs). When I turned her away from the t.v. she would start crying again. Finally zonked out and slept until 6:15 this morning. Hope you get your nap.

Cheli - sorry you're so itchy. At last, the grammar mystery solved.

Shannon - my dad always said, "3 moves is as good as a house fire," weeds out the non-essentials. (I grew up never living in the same house more than 4 years. We'd move to different houses in the same town. Not sure what that was about.)

Danielle - concert in the park sounds fun

Angela - you did it, you reignited the boob topic from yesterday Yea for a nice, FREE crib (and a clean house). I use a mattress pad under the sheet. It's probably not necessary (guess everyone already said that), but I like them. They make it feel softer. Have a restful day.

Lori -

Randie - I didn't get to mention yesterday (amid all the boob talk) the Little Monkey dipe. Jealous of how great you feel after your massage (although I'm really can't complain, feeling pretty good)

Jamie - I've gotten several maternity shirts at Old Navy recently (and added several colors of their tanks). Last week they had 30% off everything so I think I paid $5-6 each for them. I think the sale is over but stores are starting to clear out their summer styles. And what is up with maternity shirts? You mentioned about cleavage, but why are they so short. My last month I've always got my "beer gut" hanging out the bottom. Constantly pulling on my shirt to make sure I'm covered. Nothing indecent, but no one wants to see my belly hanging out. for poop in the toilet.

Karen -

Tracy - So is today a Canadian holiday? Our neighbors across the street have their flag hanging in the front door (he's Canadian, she's from Iowa), usually a signal they're celebrating something. Thought I'd ask.

Laura - for Henry sleeping in his bed. Most crib mattresses already have plastic coverings so you don't necessarily need a waterproof pad like you would a regular bed.

Erica - sorry for you loss

AFM - Working a few hours today to tie up some loose ends before the weekend, since DH is off he can watch the kids. So my sister, who is due July 23rd had an appt on Monday and was 70% effaced. Any predictions on when my new little nephew will be here?
jakossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #23
magbtrfly
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Shannon I'm wanting some fleece to make a little jacket for DD but instead of MM fleece I want the other stuff...the stuff you have in your WAHM thread above the MM fleece what brand is that?? Where can I find it?
magbtrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #24
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

jen-hmmm, hard to say...i was 3cm and 100% effaced over a week before labor started...and 3 cm for 2-3 weeks before labor started. I kept getting anxious thinking i was getting somewhere...nope. But hopefully right around the 23rd!

AFM-finishing up my dusty's big day out birth video...then off to the consignment store!
~MY BLOG~

Old 07-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #25
jakossi
Registered Users
seller

Rachael - I knew mamas could be dilated weeks out but couldn't remember about the effacement. I usually don't do much of either until actual labor starts, but once it does, it takes off. Did your labor start on it's own?
jakossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:17 PM   #26
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah, my water broke at 41 weeks after about an hour of nipple stimulation...lol. NOt sure if that did the trick but maybe. Contractions started about 20 minutes after it broke and never let up...so my body must have been ready!
~MY BLOG~

Old 07-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #27
BreeCan2
Registered Users

I wish nipple stimulation would work like that for me!!

With the last 3 pregnancies I start contracting around 18-20 weeks. But never seem to go into active labor on my own.

When they finally induced me with my last baby I was 4cm dilated and 100% effaced but still not contracting regularly. I went to the hospital and they hooked me up to some pitocin and she was born within 3 hours... before the docs and nurses could get to the room!
BreeCan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #28
magbtrfly
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I'm making a Farmhouse Stew tonight for dinner....yumm yumm! I love McDougal's recipes

Here's the link for the stew....

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2008nl/jan/recipes.htm
magbtrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #29
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

I'll be back in a bit with persies but my appointment went well. I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks and am measuring 5 weeks ahead. Ember gave us a total scare. We did the ultrasound for the hearbeats like usual and couldn't find Ember's and she wasn't moving. FINALLY she moved and we were able to get a better view of her heart. Booger. Got the script for my glucometer, test strips, lancets etc. I go back next week.. I think I'm on weekly appointments with both him and the peri now. fun fun. I start finger sticks in the morning *sigh* We'll discuss whether meds are needed after he sees my sugars for the week. So if anyone has any good diabetic diet ideas.. I'd appreciate them

So now my week looks like this..
Today- Prenatal
Tomorrow at 8:45- Peri appt
Tuesday at 9:30- Diabetes education class
Wednesday at 10:30- OB appt
Thurs or Friday-Peri
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #30
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone know anything about the latest crib recall?? after Shannon said she was turnng in her crib it got me wondering. I have a Delta Sleigh 5 in One, Model # 4822, MFG no. 22592, date 05 JUN 2002. I have googled the heck out of it and keep getting sites for "legal advice" and stuff, but no real site that says if my model number is part of a recall and if i have to turn it in somewhere or get replacement parts, or what?? And when i went to the actual Delta site, it said the model # was invalid?? Don't know what to do, but if i'm supposed to get a new crib i'd like it before i start rearranging and getting ready for a new baby, ya know?? i know there's lots of you ladies that are WAY more internet savvy than i am, so figured if anyone had a minute, they wouldn't mind searching for me. Thanks a bunch!!

oh...and the concert was fun, but hot!! it was my FAVE band from back in the day. it's just a local band, but some of you Minnesotans may have heard of them... Dazy Head Mazy. They started in Mankato about 15 years ago and my sisters used to go to listen to them at random college parties. now they tour all of Minnesota, some of Iowa, and some of Wisconsin. so not a huge band, but us local folks LOVE when they come home to us!!!
My diapers are not collectors items...they are diapers...used to poop in.
miraclebabysmama is offline   Reply With Quote