Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
Mom2frick&frack
Registered Users

My Mood:
~~Daily Chat Thursday 7/1~~

Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: ~~Daily Chat Thursday 7/1~~

What?? No morning post??? Bummer.

I dreamt last night that my baby resided in a cheese grater inside my uterus and we pulled the cheese grater out to see if it was a boy or girl. WEIRD!!!! HE was sleeping and I thought he was dead, but my friend assured me he was just sleeping. Then we quickly put the cheese grater back inside and then I ran out to tell DH that we don't have to wait for the u/s tomorrow. My dreams are so freaky.

I also dreamt that I was playing a video game that I didn't understand. I was fighting a giant metal thing with tenticles and then I jumped in front of it and saw a team of horses. So I jumped on a lead.....no saddles and started hauling a**. A guy jumped on the other lead and started hitting on me so I jumped on him.....yep. I quickly did it in the heat of battle. WERID.
AND, it wasn't my husband.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Mom2frick&frack
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealii View Post
Hi ladies! I've been out of it due to visiting family. I've read all the posts but don't have time for individual replies. We traveled most the day yesterday so today's been the first real full day off for DH. Poor guy is so stressed out I think it'll take until the weekend for him to even start to relax and enjoy himself, he was really quiet today. As far as the NB stash, I'll be using the Softbums we have from DD and using prefolds as inserts until the bean grows big enough for the obv inserts i have. I only have 8 covers and the makings for three more so, I'll be doing a LOT of laundry and I'm praying praying praying that I'll actually be able to afford the prefolds before the babe is born. Our financial situation is in the complete dumps right now due to circumstances mostly beyond our control so buying anything at all for this babe right now is 100% impossible. It's not going to get much better until DH gets deployed and even then, I'm not quite sure how much we'll have on top of bills so I guess I'll just be doing a ton of laundry at first with EBF poops on diaper covers, hehe. Part of me is almost hoping for a girl because at this point in time, I have no guarantee how we're going to afford clothing for this bean if it's a boy... sometimes it's way more stress than excitement thinking about this babe and I hate that. Sorry for the dump, just been rough... I need to get some stuff done, hope you ladies are well and I hope to check in more often tomorrow!
So sorry to hear it's so tight. I know exactly how that is. The military life is tough like that. I remember when we were in how most civilians thought we must be making a ton of money when most military personnel are living way below the poverty line. When we transferred from overseas (where there are tons of different allowances that help you get by) to the DC area I was shocked at how poor we really were. Then when I was told that the military had it's own WIC and other assistance offices on base I was shocked! It was a real eye opener. That assistance helped us not to be stuck to a diet of mac n cheese and hotdogs when DD was a baby. to you! I'll pray that things ease a bit for you financially!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonsmom View Post
oh gena!! so jealous!!!! nothing ready for harvest here yet!! well midwife appointment went well, up 2lbs and uterus measuring 26weeks! Tomorrow is Canada day so in the morning im going to maybe plant another batch of peas and beans and then in the afternoon we are heading to the local festivities, then home for a bbq with bff and baby and boyfriend and then fireworks at 10pm!
Sounds fun! Hope you have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
Has anyone used a bella band before? I need something to extend my shirts a little so I don't have to buy a bunch of new shirts. . . So from what I understand, a bella band goes under your shirt and covers up the space between your shirt and pants. What I need to know though is is it worth it? Does it stay put or are you always pulling it up? Does it constrict your stomach painfully? I dont' really like pressure on my tummy, but if it just feels like a tight t-shirt, that would be ok. And how do you know what size to get? And what's the best place to buy them from (price wise)? Sorry for all the questions. . .
I have a Bella band (well 3 actually) and hate them. But I am plus sized with a big ole ghetto booty so that doesn't help. Because my booty is large it pushes it up in back and I am always having to adjust it and adjust it. It's a bigger hassle to me then anything else. I have also heard from smaller girls that they have to same problem so it my not just be my behind. I would just look into finding some cheap long tank tops to wear under your shirts. Like the ones in the men dept that they call wife beaters. They are thin and comfy so that might be a better option.

Today is my Friday! I'm taking the kids to the Cleveland Zoo tomorrow with my friend and her little boy. Should be fun. The weather is going to be perfect. 77 and sunny! This weekend is going to be nice too. Sunday and Monday are going to be scorchers though so I was thinking about taking the kids to the beach. While I despise swimming in lakes the beaches of Lake Erie are practically in our back yard and with 90 degree temps it may be hard not to go. The 4th of July fireworks here will be on Sunday evening then the parade is monday morning. Since the holiday is on a Sunday we get Monday off instead! It's so nice to be able to watch the parade now vs having to march in it like I did for years. I was the parade coordinator for the Girl Scouts and had to do the float and walk with the girls. It's always super hot too so we have to walk around spraying the girls with water bottles and making them drink water. It took over 3 hrs to walk it but only 2 hrs to watch it. So, I fully intend to enjoy watching it instead of participating. I will say that since I got out of Scouts, the GS have not won a single prize for the parade. When I was in charge we won every year in our category. I'm sure the other service groups were glad to see me go.

Off to get some things done here at work. I hope the day goes by fast!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kellie-yuck on walking in a parade every year. Glad you get to watch ths year. I was in marching band and never got to watch while in HS.

Have fun at the Zoo.........there isn't one close to us.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
Circe
Registered Users
seller

Morning!

We're going to visit a friend of DH's who had a baby in April (wasn't due until last week). He came home from the NICU 2wks ago, so we're going over to take a baby present.

Then we get to come home and shell more peas. We put 8 qt bags in the freezer last night and stil have more to do.

I'm going out tonight with some women from work to see Phantom of the Opera in Atlanta. Dh is babysitting for one of the women, so he'll get to see what it's like to have 3 kids.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
SimpleAtHeart
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good Morning Ladies !!!

Kelli ~ hope you have a fun time at the zoo !!!!

cecili ~ that sure was an unusual dream...... sometimes is refreshing to wake up LOL !!

kealii ~

AFM: yesterday I had an OB-GYN appt. My "official" due date is Nov. 3rd ...... but because I will deliver c-sec. that bumps us into late Oct. (I hope I can still stay in the Nov. group we are looking at Oct.26th now - I asked to avoid being too close to Halloween.)
It`s so silly but I feel like, "Oh no we`re not ready.. it`s so soon" and I`m getting worried
I`m just having trouble adjusting........ I was focused on early Nov.
SimpleAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #7
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Today is a lazy day. Trying to conserve energy for work tonight. Today is bookmobile day, so we will head out around lunch for that.

I feel like I complain a lot, but this is really the only place I feel like I can. I just needed to get this out of my brain and off into cyber world, so please, don't fell like you need to read the rest of this post.....
Anyway last night was awful. I was completely exhausted after the all day playdate, my sciatica was/is still really bad and then I had to deal with MS all night. There is nothing like needing to puke but it hurts to change positions due to the sciatica. I spent part of the night sitting up in tailor sitting position with a stack of pillows between my legs to rest on the pillows. Of course DH was able to sleep through it all. Then I felt bad because DH cam to bed late and wanted to DTD for his birthday and I couldn't stand it. So after no sleep DD was up at 5 this morning thanks to the "sun waking up". I am hoping for a very long nap this afternoon because I have to work tonight and don't have a babysitter until mid morning tomorrow. I usually try to put a positive spin on my symptoms, but today I am just emotional and tired and worried about how I am going to work when I can barely walk.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleAtHeart View Post
Good Morning Ladies !!!

cecili ~ that sure was an unusual dream...... sometimes is refreshing to wake up LOL !!

kealii ~

AFM: yesterday I had an OB-GYN appt. My "official" due date is Nov. 3rd ...... but because I will deliver c-sec. that bumps us into late Oct. (I hope I can still stay in the Nov. group we are looking at Oct.26th now - I asked to avoid being too close to Halloween.)
It`s so silly but I feel like, "Oh no we`re not ready.. it`s so soon" and I`m getting worried

Why so much ealier?? Why not Nov 1st?? Are they afraid you'll go ino labor? I on't really understand c-sections because I haven't had one. You've still got lots of time......sit back and enjoy it.

You're going to have your baby about a month before me!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #9
SimpleAtHeart
Registered Users

My Mood:

Gena,

OMG !!!! I`ll be thinking of you all day !! DH and I have seen Phantom several times it`s our fav !!!! For Valentine`s this past feb. he surprised me with tickets to CATS !!! It was amazing...... but I was soooo sick back then.

Have a fabulous evening !!!!!
SimpleAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:28 AM   #10
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleAtHeart View Post
Good Morning Ladies !!!

kealii ~

Why does it have to be so early? It is just a repeat, not because you are currently having complications. I would say November or bust.