Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
katiekat1032
Registered Users
seller

Tide F&C vs. Tide Original vs. Tide Clean Breeze

Is there anyone out there who can compare these for me?

I had been using Tide F&C, but ever since I used Rockin' Green for a while, my diapers just haven't been as fresh smelling even after going back to Tide F&C.

Want to try regular Tide, but I hate the smell of the Original Tide. If it has that strong of a smell, it must be scented, right? So does it matter if I use original scent or clean breeze scent, which I like way better?

FYI. . . we have hard water. I have tried oxyclean, RLR, and vinegar, each at various times, and nothing seems to improve the freshness factor. (not poopy or ammonia, just not overly fresh) I'm afraid to to and oxy-vinegar soak for fear of ruining my diapers. Thanks!

Advertisement

katiekat1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
b15chik
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tide F&C vs. Tide Original vs. Tide Clean Breeze

i thought the ingredients for original tide were different than the newer tide powders with smells....but i could be incorrect. clean breeze is a great smell though. if they are the same maybe i will check this out as well! we have the same problem here with hard water and i've tried about everything you have listed too. so far i'm still sticking with tide
Old 07-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
mommato4kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

subbing
Old 07-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Cloth and Carry
Registered Users
Formerly: manynums
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiekat1032 View Post
Is there anyone out there who can compare these for me?

I had been using Tide F&C, but ever since I used Rockin' Green for a while, my diapers just haven't been as fresh smelling even after going back to Tide F&C.

Want to try regular Tide, but I hate the smell of the Original Tide. If it has that strong of a smell, it must be scented, right? So does it matter if I use original scent or clean breeze scent, which I like way better?

FYI. . . we have hard water. I have tried oxyclean, RLR, and vinegar, each at various times, and nothing seems to improve the freshness factor. (not poopy or ammonia, just not overly fresh) I'm afraid to to and oxy-vinegar soak for fear of ruining my diapers. Thanks!
I'd definitely steer clear of the vinegar if you have PUL diapers. I have used Ecover NC bleach with good results.

Have you stripped them recently? That can make a world of difference. I find when I have detergent drama, I just do all my washing with Dawn for a bit and everything gets super clean. Be careful with Dawn, though. I have friends who have had a machine full of bubbles after being too heavy-handed.

Sunning? It's amazing how an hour or two in the sunshine can make a huge difference in freshness.

My last suggestion is to "Rock a Soak" with any remaining Rockin' Green. Kim at RG is very easy to trouble shoot with...you may want to contact her.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Shawna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were using tide with zero problems then tried tiny bubbles, bumgenius detergent, and hard rock and I'm having problems with them too. I'm going to be doing a bleach wash to get them back because my tide routine that worked before isn't cutting it either.

Ecomom deal from plum district.
Shawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm using the tide free powder right now and am not noticing any difference in cleanliness between that and the regular scented tide powder. I don't know anything about the other scents though
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
katiekat1032
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the tips, ladies. FYI, I have tried rockin a soak with RnG (a few times, in fact), I sun the diapers regularly, the diapers have been stripped with dawn, also had to strip with SEVERAL hot rinses after using RLR since there were so many bubbles.

Shannon. . . do you use Tide original? Powder or liquid? Does that work well for you?

Cloth_and_Carry, when and how often do you use the Ecover NC in your wash cycle? How much do you use? Is this approved for cloth diapers? Can you tell a difference in how your diapers smell when you use it as compared to when you don't?

Anyone else have any more experience with the different types of Tide, especially Clean Breeze (powder) Tide?
katiekat1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
phridae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had the same issue after using RnG. I'm still trying to get them back to "normal."
In fact, they're washing now with bleach. I've never used bleach in my life. I'm that desperate to get my diapers back to their pre-RnG state.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
phridae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had the same issue after using RnG. I'm still trying to get them back to "normal."
In fact, they're washing now with bleach. I've never used bleach in my life. I'm that desperate to get my diapers back to their pre-RnG state.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
b15chik
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phridae View Post
ugh same here. so much stink!!