Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #21
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Garnet Gab -July- Monthly Chat

Josiah has been HORRIBLE yesterday and today.

I took him to the chiropractor again yesterday. He did great and seemed to like what the dr did. I could not get him to sleep yesterday for naps or last night. He just kept screaming any time I laid him down. I ended up bringing him back down stairs, nursing him to sleep, then letting him stay latched on all night when I went back up to bed.

I let DH deal with him tonight. I fed, changed, gave medicine, etc. and got him to sleep. i wasn't even down the stairs when he started screaming

I've been so up and down emotionally lately. We have a friend visiting for the week. He's got special needs so it's some extra work- I really like the guy, but it's been too much for me in my current state.

I don't know if I have PPD, just regular depression, PMDD or just lots of stress. I got my first AF back last month. It was really bad for 4-5 days, then spotting with migraines and cramps for 5-6 more days. I've been having tons of mood swings and cramping daily and starting monday I've had anywhere from light spotting to medium flow every other day. These wacked out hormones are making me (and there fore everyone around me) crazy!

Advertisement

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #22
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBaby View Post
Yup- Bryce is about 18lbs too. Our infant seat goes up to 22lbs so I've got 4lbs to figure out how to rig up toys over the convertible seat
Anna is doing better holding on to things...I just stick a couple in her lap and when shes sick of those and drops them, I hand her another one. Harder to do when your driving tho...I almost dont go anywhere anymore now that ds1 is out of preschool for the summer so dh does most of the driving.

Also, if it's those toys with the string and a hook loop thing to hang on the handle, I've just strapped it onto Anna's seatbelt straps so she can chew the toy and cant drop it.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #23
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought you weren't supposed to attach toys to a car seat while it was in the car? I was told by the safety tech that it wasn't safe and they don't recommend it =/

We are thinking about trading my car in and getting a newer one. I was told it would cost almost $1800 to get the electronic power steering fixed =/ Problem is that we are upside down on the loan, and I am not sure how that works when you get a new loan. Do you have to get a second one to cover it or do they attach it on to the new car loan? Ugh. I hate loans. Completely stupid.

I have to go bake a strawberry tart to take to the BBQ tomorrow. I hope my new crust recipe works! I am a little worried hehe.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #24
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah I can see how it could be dangerous, Amber..the toys could hit the baby in an accident but if your gunna give the baby a toy either way, whats the diff?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #25
BuddhaBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Melissa

Amber, I don't know anything about car loans but I hope you get it figured out! I've been wanting a larger car but I just can't justify another bill right now. Maybe someday...

I just bought this swimsuit: http://www.unique-vintage.com/fables-barrie-vintage-style-retro-striped-yacht-piece-bathing-suit-p-3253.html?options={2}4
I'm hoping it will motivate me to lose this last 12 lbs. before the beach and Disney in August!
Old 07-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #26
BuddhaBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kristie, I was also going to suggest just getting a bunch of toys to put in his lap or maybe a mirror he could seem himself in? Also, I don't know if this would work, but you maybe could get one of those velcro rattles that goes on his wrist and attach some ring toys to it.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #27
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Amber- you are right. You aren't supposed to attach anything to the car seat that didn't come with it...toys included. If fact they recommend not having any loose items in your car at all because those items can become flying projectiles in a crash. But how many of us don't have anything lying around our cars???

I just finished sewing a dress for DD that I cut out a couple of weeks ago. She found the "fabwik" under my table and asked for another new dress. Not exactly what I was thinking when I bought it, but that's okay. (it's green smiling frogs on blue/purple background) Hopefully it fits her so she can wear it to church tomorrow. I didn't get it put together until they all went to bed. I usually try it on during different stages to get a better fit.

It feels nice to accomplish something! Sewed that dress, mended a polo for DS1 to wear to church tomorrow. Washed diapers, folded 3 loads of laundry, washed 2 more loads, ran the dish washer, cooked up lots of hamburger and froze in portion size containers for later meals, . Oh, and I gave all 3 kids baths so 6 of us aren't fighting for the bathroom when DH gets home from the FireDept in the morning.

AND Played outside with DD and DS1 (and our visitor) for 2ish hours while Josiah napped this morning. Our neighbor kids came over to play with my kids while we were out there. I was a little flustered at first- having 4 extra kids under 10 years old that barely speak
English to look after, but they all played really well and no one got hurt. (I was not expecting them to come over and didn't see any parents around, but I made sure the oldest girl went into their house and asked permission- the parents never did come outside)

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #28
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July today.
We are going to my BIL and SIL's house this morning to grill at lunch time.
And then DH bought some small fireworks to do with Joey tonight. We will either do them at our house or at my parents house.

Emma is going through something. Either the 6 month growth spurt is the most evil thing ever. Or she is getting a tooth. (I can't see anything, and my son didn't get his first until he was 14 months. But I know it's different with each kid).
She wouldn't nap all yesterday afternoon. Whenever we would try and rock her, she would arch her back and push with her feet to get out of our arms.
We quit trying the nap and put her down early at 7pm. She woke up every 30-60 minutes until we went to bed at 10:30. Then she was up at 12:30, 3, 5 and 6:30 I think? It's hard to remember.
Anyway, I hope whatever this is passes soon. Mama and daddy are tired.

Joey starts two week sof swim lessons tomorrow. Hopefully Emma will nap in her Beco while we are there.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #29
bessaroni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy 4th everyone. We are in Wyoming but just checking in while nursing.
Need cute wall decals? Mention DiaperSwappers and get 15% off at WillowCreekSigns.
bessaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #30
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello!

Boy who would have thought that two night owls would have a morning person? I cannot get Caleb to stay asleep past sunrise no matter what I do. And of course he gets to go down for a nap 2 hours later while mommy is stuck up for the rest of the day...
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote