Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #331
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Garnet Gab -July- Monthly Chat

Melissa- do you stay home all day with your kids? If so, I have a tip that will most likely help you potty train your ds1 A LOT faster! Dont put a diaper on him between potty breaks! Leave him nakey and in the same room with a little potty. He'll notice it, feel it, and learn it WAY faster. You may need a little carpet cleaner at first but I potty trained both of my boys around their 2nd birthday in about a week doing it with this method. Just slowly introduce underwear and slowly move the potty back to the bathroom.

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #332
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

I get to stay home most of the time. ( work part time through WIC so I have to go into the office a couple of times a month and work one WIC clinic a month, the rest is done from home).

I think maybe we need to find a different little potty. We have a wooden one that a relative made, it's super cute but he tells me it hurts his biscuits (bottom) and DD said the same thing when she was little

We tried the undies route a couple of months ago, but he would just stand funny and pee in them. He definitely knows when he is pooping, but will run away screaming..."don't change me I'm not pooppy!!!"

When we do get him to go on the potty he gets really excited about being a big boy...he just doesn't want to sit down to try again later

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #333
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah...even the undies gatta go haha just put a long shirt on him or something. My boys had *maybe* 2-3 accidents before they just grabbed themself and ran and sat down when they had to go. It puts him more in control to rather then you deciding when he should go.

I also had a tiny little urinal that they thought was fun to pee in LOL
Old 07-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #334
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREA0507 View Post
wow, thats cool Sarah. What was she wearing for those 3 hours?
I have been saving the diaper covers that come with her dresses to use as undies, so I put her in one of those with a bamboo washcloth folded to catch if we had a miss. No one would have known that she didn't have a diaper on
Old 07-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #335
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

does anyone have any bamboo inserts FSOT? I'm trying to find some really absorbant inserts for my pockets (mostly BG OS and Haute Pockets) I can't seem to find more than one or two here or there, and with shipping it really isn't economical. I'd like to find a lot of something someone knows is a great insert for supersoakers

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
Old 07-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #336
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Melissa- do you stay home all day with your kids? If so, I have a tip that will most likely help you potty train your ds1 A LOT faster! Dont put a diaper on him between potty breaks! Leave him nakey and in the same room with a little potty. He'll notice it, feel it, and learn it WAY faster. You may need a little carpet cleaner at first but I potty trained both of my boys around their 2nd birthday in about a week doing it with this method. Just slowly introduce underwear and slowly move the potty back to the bathroom.
Yes, this is the biggest thing that helps babies become aware, I think. ECers do it a lot- I've been having Claire diaper-free at home whenever DH isn't there. He won't hold her without the diaper, even though she almost never pees on me. *sigh*.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #337
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Did you see the video I put up on FB yesterday? That's what Caleb does all...day...long. He no longer talks to his toys - he yells! My girlfriend used to complain that her son sounded like a turkey vulture he squawked so much, and I think Caleb is trying to give him a run for the money.
I just looked at it. Bryce does the SAME thing, he used to quietly be like ahheeuu, baaa etc... now its AAEEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Its higher pitched than Caleb in the video (or at least it seems that way to me) and oh my gosh is it driving me insane. I keep telling myself he's practicing what he can do with his voice, but my head, it just wants to exploooode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I have to tell you the cutest thing that Claire has been doing recently. We EC so I take her to the potty, and she's doing really great. I have a cue that I've been doing since she was 7 days old (psst-shhhh), but recently she's made up her own cue! Now when she has to go she starts yelling and going pbbbblt, like sticking her tongue out and blowing raspberries, especially when she has to poop. It's so funny, because that's what her pooping sounds like...so she really has put the two together! Yesterday we went out for over 3 hours with no diaper
So freakin cool! I'm totally jealous of the EC, I think the next baby I may give it a real try with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viersmommy View Post
does anyone have any bamboo inserts FSOT? I'm trying to find some really absorbant inserts for my pockets (mostly BG OS and Haute Pockets) I can't seem to find more than one or two here or there, and with shipping it really isn't economical. I'd like to find a lot of something someone knows is a great insert for supersoakers
I dont have any FSOT but the ONLY thing i found that works for us (Bryce pees soooooo much its ridiculous) is Hemp Babies Bigger weeds inserts. They look hilarious on his little butt since they make the BG OS so chunky, but he doesn't hardly leak at night , especially now that he seems to be sleeping longer at night ie not nursing as much at night.

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #338
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBaby View Post
I just looked at it. Bryce does the SAME thing, he used to quietly be like ahheeuu, baaa etc... now its AAEEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Its higher pitched than Caleb in the video (or at least it seems that way to me) and oh my gosh is it driving me insane. I keep telling myself he's practicing what he can do with his voice, but my head, it just wants to exploooode!

So freakin cool! I'm totally jealous of the EC, I think the next baby I may give it a real try with.

I dont have any FSOT but the ONLY thing i found that works for us (Bryce pees soooooo much its ridiculous) is Hemp Babies Bigger weeds inserts. They look hilarious on his little butt since they make the BG OS so chunky, but he doesn't hardly leak at night , especially now that he seems to be sleeping longer at night ie not nursing as much at night.
We've been using a bigger weeds with a babykicks and he still pees through unless I change him 3-4 times

Old 07-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #339
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I have to tell you the cutest thing that Claire has been doing recently. We EC so I take her to the potty, and she's doing really great. I have a cue that I've been doing since she was 7 days old (psst-shhhh), but recently she's made up her own cue! Now when she has to go she starts yelling and going pbbbblt, like sticking her tongue out and blowing raspberries, especially when she has to poop. It's so funny, because that's what her pooping sounds like...so she really has put the two together! Yesterday we went out for over 3 hours with no diaper
Wow, that's awesome. I know NOTHING about ECing, but I'm super intrigued.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #340
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I tried that with DS - and just ended up having to shampoo the carpets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBaby View Post
Tell me about it! Between the yelling and less than 2 hours of sleep a night I am one cranky mommy!

Speaking of which - how long does the 6 month growth spurt last?
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote