Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #31
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Garnet Gab -July- Monthly Chat

Nicole! Thats how Anna is too! SHe wakes up no later than 7:15 almost everyday (but tosses and turns starting at 6, I just keep sticking my boob in her mouth hoping to get a few more minutes! lol) once she wakes up at 7ish, I roll over the other way untill she gets bored kicking her feet and sucking her fingers by that time, the boys are up!

Advertisement

Old 07-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #32
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I thought you weren't supposed to attach toys to a car seat while it was in the car? I was told by the safety tech that it wasn't safe and they don't recommend it =/ .
Sigh I cant win apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaBaby View Post
I just bought this swimsuit: http://www.unique-vintage.com/fables-barrie-vintage-style-retro-striped-yacht-piece-bathing-suit-p-3253.html?options={2}4
I'm hoping it will motivate me to lose this last 12 lbs. before the beach and Disney in August!
So cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaBaby View Post
Kristie, I was also going to suggest just getting a bunch of toys to put in his lap or maybe a mirror he could seem himself in? Also, I don't know if this would work, but you maybe could get one of those velcro rattles that goes on his wrist and attach some ring toys to it.
Yeah i give him toys in his lap too- they often go 'overboard' though

Quote:
Originally Posted by viersmommy View Post
Amber- you are right. You aren't supposed to attach anything to the car seat that didn't come with it...toys included. If fact they recommend not having any loose items in your car at all because those items can become flying projectiles in a crash. But how many of us don't have anything lying around our cars???
Yeah, I guess if I do everything else right with his carseat I feel like the hanging toys are ok, sorry, but i'm not willing to drive around with him screaming cause he doesn't have anything to occupy him. He is always strapped in correctly, tightly etc, I figure toys are the least of my worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeysMomma View Post
Emma is going through something. Either the 6 month growth spurt is the most evil thing ever. Or she is getting a tooth. (I can't see anything, and my son didn't get his first until he was 14 months. But I know it's different with each kid).
She wouldn't nap all yesterday afternoon. Whenever we would try and rock her, she would arch her back and push with her feet to get out of our arms.
We quit trying the nap and put her down early at 7pm. She woke up every 30-60 minutes until we went to bed at 10:30. Then she was up at 12:30, 3, 5 and 6:30 I think? It's hard to remember.
Anyway, I hope whatever this is passes soon. Mama and daddy are tired.
Yikes! I'm sorry hopefully she'll get over it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Hello!

Boy who would have thought that two night owls would have a morning person? I cannot get Caleb to stay asleep past sunrise no matter what I do. And of course he gets to go down for a nap 2 hours later while mommy is stuck up for the rest of the day...
Do you have those black out curtains? Thats what we have in Bryce's room and it definitely helps for daytime naps and for getting him to sleep past like 5am

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

Last edited by NewYearsBaby; 07-04-2010 at 01:46 PM.
NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #33
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBaby View Post

Do you have those black out curtains? Thats what we have in Bryce's room and it definitely helps for daytime naps and for getting him to sleep past like 5am
We open the window at night so it isn't so hot, so the light would still come in there. I have the blackout curtains in the kids' room and they are too heavy to allow much air around them.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #34
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know some of you saw it on FB, but Emma says Mama now!

She said it for the first time last week, and I thought I heard it, but wasn't sure, though DS kept saying "Emma said Mama!"

Then yesterday on our way back from shopping, she was getting fussy and kept saying "Uhhhhh, Mama". I thought I was just hearing things, but she's been saying it a lot ever since.

Is it too far fetched to believe she is referring to me? I swear that's what it seems like. It's only when she's fussy/tired/wants to nurse.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #35
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww how cute!

I don't know if I personally would count it until she actually addresses you as "mama" at other times, but that's just me. I like to be 110% sure that they are actually using it before I count it with my kids. Caleb has done muhmuhmuh before, and DH tries to tell me he's calling for me, but I think DH was just tired of holding him...
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #36
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBVsMama View Post
I know some of you saw it on FB, but Emma says Mama now!

She said it for the first time last week, and I thought I heard it, but wasn't sure, though DS kept saying "Emma said Mama!"

Then yesterday on our way back from shopping, she was getting fussy and kept saying "Uhhhhh, Mama". I thought I was just hearing things, but she's been saying it a lot ever since.

Is it too far fetched to believe she is referring to me? I swear that's what it seems like. It's only when she's fussy/tired/wants to nurse.
Awww Bryce has said it a few times too, I'm not sure he entirely connects it with me 100% of the time but he definitely often says maamaaaa when he's getting upset

Old 07-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #37
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Josiah had cereal tonight Unfortunatley he loved it. He has been a super grouch for the last few days. I've done everything else I could think of. changed, Rocked, played, nursed, etc. So I finally gave in and mixed up some cereal with Breast milk. He ate like there's no tomorrow and was not happy I wouldn't give him more. He didn't even spit any out, just made a mess trying to suck his fingers to get it off from where he had grabbed the spoon to get it ot his mouth He was much happier after eating it, nursed again about an hour later then went to bed without fussing.

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #38
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Aww how cute!

I don't know if I personally would count it until she actually addresses you as "mama" at other times, but that's just me. I like to be 110% sure that they are actually using it before I count it with my kids. Caleb has done muhmuhmuh before, and DH tries to tell me he's calling for me, but I think DH was just tired of holding him...
When she first started saying it, she said "muhmuhmuh", too, but now it's a distinct "mama". She very well may not be connecting it to me, but I like to think so It makes me feel good after so many days of feeling exhaustion and frustration. I guess you could say it's my little 'pick-me-up' for times I'm not feeling so thrilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viersmommy View Post
Josiah had cereal tonight Unfortunatley he loved it. He has been a super grouch for the last few days. I've done everything else I could think of. changed, Rocked, played, nursed, etc. So I finally gave in and mixed up some cereal with Breast milk. He ate like there's no tomorrow and was not happy I wouldn't give him more. He didn't even spit any out, just made a mess trying to suck his fingers to get it off from where he had grabbed the spoon to get it ot his mouth He was much happier after eating it, nursed again about an hour later then went to bed without fussing.

I haven't given cereal, but last week I did give Emma a kiwi, and the other day she had some more food off of my plate. She had her first solid poo dipe the next day and.... Definitely makes me want to stick to EBFing. I probably won't give her any more until she's technically 6 months (the 11th).

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #39
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So am I the only one who looks forward to the 6 month mark when they can start solids? Maybe because we have such a tumultuous BFing relationship, but I always feel sort of relieved when they aren't relying strictly on me for nutrition anymore...
Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #40
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So am I the only one who looks forward to the 6 month mark when they can start solids? Maybe because we have such a tumultuous BFing relationship, but I always feel sort of relieved when they aren't relying strictly on me for nutrition anymore...
I definitely do- maybe its cause its new for me or maybe its cause B is so picky about eating, but yeah, I'm looking forward to him actually enjoying some solid foods- the poop I'm not looking forward to lol