Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can you ride roller coasters etc when pg?

We had been planning on taking Caden (he's my only right now, he's 7) to Disney World.
He's never been and neither have I! So I was kinda excited, then I found out I was pregnant. We are still going and so that limits the rides I can ride. We wont be going until September so I will be about 5 months along. I am just going to stay clear of the ones w/warning signs.
Id rather wait till this LO is born, but C really wants to go as scheduled, and I don't blame him. He wanted to go this summer but we planned too late and there will be less people in Sept.

I havent talked to my MW yet since Ive only had one appt so far, but Ill ask her. I assume shell say the same stuff about no jerky, sudden stop and go rides. So it's a compromise I guess.

I am bummed about it, since I doubt we will ever go back, being it's so expensive, but oh well, I know we will still have fun.

Advertisement

wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
visioner
Registered Users
seller

When we went to a waterpark while I was pregnant every single slide had a do not ride if pregnant warning...even on ones using tubes...
visioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't. I remeber going to Disneyworld and Universal Studios while pregnant and I didn't go on any of the really fast rides. It's not worth the risk. Even at 13 weeks, the 1st trimester is always the most delicate
Old 07-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would never risk it, it is not worth it to me, roller coasters will always be there but baby ...well you know what IU mean this is a short time in your life, just be careful, they are worth it!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #15
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I frequent Disney World and a forum dedicated to it. This question gets asked a lot (And I went at 17weeks preg 2 years ago, so I've been in this situation. Hopefully will be in this situation again this year )

Many midwives and OBs have said the same thing - the risk is placental abruption (tearing away from the wall of your uterus) which can happen due to G forces & sudden starts/stops. Bumpy rides usually just make you very sick so they are also listed as no-goes, presumably so that they don't have to clean up vomit from women in their first trimester

Water slides are a no, because there's no way to be sure that someone won't come feet first down the slide before they should, and slam into your belly.

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #16
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i went on one kiddie coaster at 12 weeks along..but it was also "safe" for my 30lb 37inch DD..so i figured if it was safe for her, it'd be ok for me and the baby. I wouldn't even think about a bigger coaster though.

I just think, if something happened, even a little later, i would always question if it was my fault, kwim?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #17
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would never take the risk, water parks, amusement parks, even disneyland, will always be there... I could never live with myself if something happened.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #18
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

I went to an amusement park when I was in my first tri with my first. Being a coaster junkie it was sooo hard not to ride everything!! I limited myself to smooth, swingy rides. No big, jerky coasters (well maybe just one, but I def sat out most of them), nothing upside down, nothing real spinny or jerky (like the scrambler). I know I did the carousel and possibly the log flume or something like that, but sat out all the 'big' rides.
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #19
VeryChicBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: jenny342
seller

My Mood:

we just came home from six flags & i wouldn't and didn't ride any of the roller coasters while pregnant. i just would not chance anything. honestly I can't even stomach the carousel right now & i am 14 wks..

you never know whats going to happen - those rides jerk you around a lot - reminds me of car wrecks sometimes..

Jenny, Mama to many, 16, 14, 11, & 3 & & 10 mth baby girl!!

~Custom Recycled Wool Shoes ~ & Leather, OBV & Fabric Soft Soles

Last edited by VeryChicBaby; 07-03-2010 at 08:52 PM.
VeryChicBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #20
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would not. I am uber cautious when preggo. The most adventurous I would be is the lazy river.

Perhaps instead of Six Flags, you hit up a state park for some outdoor fun instead, or a local splash park.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote