Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #21
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can you ride roller coasters etc when pg?

at three months with my first daughter I went to disney world and rode rides (all of them) And at 9 months I went to the fair and rode a couple rides. She came out in tip top shape, but that's not to say it was the best idea.

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #22
mumsark
Registered Users
seller

NO! absolutely not, it use to be that signs were posted that if you were pregnant you would not be allowed on the roller coasters.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #23
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

there is also signs at halloween horror nights with warnings (not even for the rides) that say you shouldn't be there because they might "scare you into labor"?

I don't know at 3 months I thought (this baby is the size of a blue berry, I think he'll be okay") but I was also 18 years old, I probably wouldn't have done anything similar though with this pregnancy.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #24
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went to DisneyLand and CA Adventure when I was about 6w pregnant. We planned the trip long before we got our BFP so it was hard to not go on ANY rides. I went on a few of the rollercoaster types but nothing jarring or jerky like the Indiana Jones ride. It jerks you all over the place and has a bar at your abdomen so it would NOT be a good pregnant ride! The water rides are usually pretty calm and not jarring, I went on the log ride ones and the raft ones.
I wouldn't go on anything too crazy though. For every 100 people who say they did it without a problem you might find 1 who says something different and you know there's a chance. Like almost everything with pregnancy, you just have to gauge the risk.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #25
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't read what others wrote, but I will just say that I totally rode roller coasters when I was pregnant. We had passes to Busch Gardens last summer and I definitely went when I was 12 weeks...maybe 16? I didn't even start showing until I was closer to 20 weeks to no one could tell me not to. I looked online and yes most of the info was basically "why the heck would you do that are you crazy?!!!" but there isn't much research to back up that claim, or course. It's documented that car crashes where there are sudden starts and stops can be harmful, but most of the roller coasters now are so smooth, there isn't much jerking. I only rode the newer ones

Oh and my daughter is perfect.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #26
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

I was at Disney when I was about 4 weeks along (but didn't know it) and rode everything. Again and again for 4 days. I had the best time! But I didn't know that I was pregnant. I had taken a test before we left for our trip that came back neg.

I don't think I would if I had known.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #27
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just went to a water park a couple of weeks ago; I was about 34 weeks. I didn't ride anything that was a huge slide but I went into the wave pools and rode the rides with the tubes. We had a great time. I think I'd do a water park before roller coasters.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #28
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I went on a few very bumpy boat rides while I was pg & my SIL rode a few roller coasters before she knew she was pg. They are very well protected in there but it usually is recommended not to. I don't know if I would feel comfortable riding a roller coaster because of the bar/chest thing that you are pushing against during the ride...I dunno...better safe than sorry...I'd stick to water rides.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #29
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

We did a water park/ amusement park combo when I was 13wks with DS. I didn't think it was a huge deal, so I tried a tube ride....no sudden drops, stops, or curves. I was so sick and dizzy the entire time. I floated in the wave pool the rest of the time.... I think my body was telling me not to do it.
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #30
Riley-Madison
Banned

My Mood:

i dont think you can do the water slides because of the water pressure and and some complecations from that. I would just put a call in to your midwife. but really at 13weeks the chances are good that she will give you the go-ahead, for a rollercoaster if its not too crazy.
Riley-Madison is offline   Reply With Quote