Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #31
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can you ride roller coasters etc when pg?

Just because people have done things and had no ill effects does not make it best practice! Riding roller coasters while you are pregnant because others haven't gone into premature labor is kinda like saying...others drive cars and don't crash so it is ok not to wear my seatbelt.

There is a very real risk of placental abruption when riding roller coasters while pregnant!

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...mentparks.html

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #32
Connor
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't risk it!!
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #33
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would say it's not worth it to risk it.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #34
bunintheoven0619
Registered
seller

My Mood:

All of the G-force and sudden start/stop risks aside....I'd probably end up losing my lunch all over any roller coaster I stepped a toe on at 14 weeks.

I'd ask your doc or midwife but I wouldn't for the pure and simple fact that you may feel fine when you get on but 6 second into the ride you could feel like poo and lose your lunch then you feel yucky for the rest of the day on top of needing new clothes.

I'd stick with the lazy river rides or wave pools at the water park. I wouldn't even go to an amusement park because I'm a roller coaster junkie and it would kill me not to be able to ride the rides.

ISO: SKC (Spooky Kitty Collective) fitteds and WWB (Wiggle Worm Bottoms) covers!!!
bunintheoven0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #35
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No way would I chance it! Ive been to water parks while pregnant but i stick to the kiddie areas, wave pools, and lazy rivers. No big waterslides or anything like that (the most Ive done was a little 5 ft, gently sloped kiddie slide in the toddler/preschool play area w/ baby on my lap.

Ive had partial placental abruptions lead to delivery of 2 of my 3 kids.. one at 35 weeks and one at 32 weeks. Its certainly a scary thing and not something Id want to increase the risk of.
LunaBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #36
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we ended up staying close to home. We went to MIL/FIL's at the lake and went boat riding, swimming, and such and let the kids ride on the tube (I didn't). We are going back swimming and perhaps jet skiing today (MW okay'd the jet skiing), but once we crunched the numbers we just didn't have the funds for Six Flags!
Thanks for all the suggestions, help, and advice mamas
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote