Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #21
Katie&Owen'sMom
Registered Users

Re: How do I raise veggie loving kids

I think the worst thing you can do is make a huge issue about it and force foods on a child. Keep offering them and hope for the best. I hated green beans as a child. Wouldn't touch them. For whatever reason I tried them once in college and they're now one of my favorite veggies. Just stick with it. Keep offering them. Not much else you can do. Everyone's tastes are different.

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #22
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my son is a lentil and rice kind of kid...oh and anything chocolate related (like me! ) ...we can only get him to eat veggies such as eggplant, okra, zucchini, or spinach ONLY if it is simmered down with meat! then we sop it up with bread...he is 3.5 and for some reason only mushy food appealed to him since he was born. my dd, on the other hand, is 10 months, and HATES mushy foods. same parenting, same food, 2 different kids! anyhow, i say if your dd eats anything on a pizza or quiche, then if i were you, i'd make a bunch and freeze em and feed it to your child. i am not one to huss and fuss over whether or not ds eats EXACTLY what we eat (esp since our food tends to be too spicey for most ppl, son included). so i would pop out a food he does eat from the freezer and give him that. btw, he is 3.5 and still doesnt want to eat by himself. he hates anything coming on his face clothes or surrounding area. he'll stop eating. so i tend to feed him, unless of course it is simple finger food.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #23
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie&Owen'sMom View Post
I think the worst thing you can do is make a huge issue about it and force foods on a child. Keep offering them and hope for the best. I hated green beans as a child. Wouldn't touch them. For whatever reason I tried them once in college and they're now one of my favorite veggies. Just stick with it. Keep offering them. Not much else you can do. Everyone's tastes are different.
i agree wholeheartedly...i hatteddd bitter greens when i was even in high school, now that im married, i cant wait til my mom makes them and calls me over! same goes with all lentils, all beans, and a few other foods. this is why i dont mind my son eating the same foods day in nd day out...one day he will eventually eat or try everything and maybe even like it enough to call his favorite!