Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
Kennoahy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Please, Pray for me...

I really need prayers right now. I have been struggling with depression since my son was During this time, I have had a terrible transfer on my job, my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer, my baby has be very sick and is in and out of the hospital, and a few days ago, my husband lost his job. Things are really hard right now and I just want to give up. I cant get anything done. The dishes pile up for days, the house is a mess, the clothes are clean, but unfolded and in buckets, baskets and bins, the fridge stinks with the door closed. I just cant seem to pull myself together right now. I have felt like a failure at everything the past few months and I am just tired. I really need God's help with this. I know that as an ordained minister and preachers wife, I should have my stuff together, but WOW. Please pray.

Advertisement

Kennoahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
klilley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please, Pray for me...

and prayers for you mama!
wife to my lover and best friend; City girl, in the closet semi-crunchy, First time mama to our PRECIOUS homebirthed baby girl born 03/10. EDD 10/28/11 We babywear, co-sleep, , EC'ng, ...!! Breastmilk Donor

My ISO http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1232959
klilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
gkatieh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It doesn't matter WHAT you do, EVERYONE needs help from God! You know that I will say a prayer for you! *hugs* to you and your family
Old 07-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you considered counseling or talking to a doc about the depression? God gave us the resources to help with things larger than we can handle on our own
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
Kennoahy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been on meds since is stopped BFing. As far as counseling goes, I have a MS in pastoral and biblical counseling. In everything that i KNOW, I dont know how to help myself. pathetic
Old 07-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
Winter
Registered Users
seller

Don't beat yourself up, mama. You're human and you're having a rough time. Try to incorporate some extra excercise into your life-you'd be amazed at what it can do for low spirits!
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, Mama!I've been to PPD hell and I am praying for you!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
aprilmadison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennoahy View Post
I have been on meds since is stopped BFing. As far as counseling goes, I have a MS in pastoral and biblical counseling. In everything that i KNOW, I dont know how to help myself. pathetic
It isn't pathetic. You are trained to help others not yourself. I hope you find the help you need and things get better for you
Old 07-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
Kennoahy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's what makes finding help so hard. My peers look at me like I am crazy. They dont understand WHY I cant just do things right. Its very frustrating,epecially with DH. As he says, I have to tools, but just wont use them. I dont have anyone around me that seems to understand. What makes things worse is that I still have to put on my "together" face for our church family. I still have to take care of my PW obligations, sit with him in maritial counseling sessions, be there when ever a woman wants to talk to him. I am a full time PW, a full time teacher, and a mom. IIt's getting to be too much. I know all this whining and complaining doesnt help, but it sure feels good to be able to tell someone how I feel, without been looked at like a complete total failure.

I still need to tell DH that I am pregant. He is not going to be happy about it. He is not ready for another mouth to feed and reason for me to sit out the sofa and pout.

Last edited by Kennoahy; 07-07-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Oh mama - my prayers are added

It really sounds like you are going through some depression. Been there It's ok to be overwealmed sometimes. I bet the church family that you are being so brave infront of could do so much to love and support you if you let them. I am SURE there are other women in your congregation who have gone through similar experiences - please reach out you will feel so much better. In my experience you are less likely to be judged when you are open and honest - no one is perfect. I don't mean you have to go blabbing all over - but surely there is one or two experienced moms who could support you. It sounds like you are just having some trouble adjusting to being a mom/wife/employee all at once - it is normal to have to "find yourself again."

As for your new blessing - only you know how DH will take it but it will be so much better once you tell him - he needs to know and then you can start working together through any issues about having another child. If he is very unhappy you may want to seek council but you don't have to do it through your own church if that makes you uncomfortable - I bet there are lots of resources out there!

You mentioned being pregnant saw you pouting on the couch - why? Do you have health issues or did you have some depression then too? (Sorry if I am being too nosey - you don't have to answer me but it may help to seek the answers in yourself.) People can have clincal depression while pregnant - like early post-partum - if you have it you should seek treatment it will make things feel so much better

Last edited by mg5g; 07-07-2010 at 11:02 AM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote