Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
Registered Users
Finger foods for 9.5 month old

DD is now getting right into the finger food idea. She is starting to freak out if I feed her things, rather than her trying to do it herself. She is 9.5 months and doesn't have any teeth yet. When she uses a spoon she shoves it in her mouth but she also grabs it with her other hand and squishes up the food.
I have given her a frozen whole wheat bagel to knaw on. Also she has fed herself plain pasta and small pieces of turkey. This is a new development this week, so that is all I have tried.
Any good suggestions out there?

Also, I read at the start to give them one new food for 3-5 days and watch for any reactions. Do I have to keep doing that? She has had a whole slew of meats, fruits and veggies so far, without any reactions. I know to stay away from the obvious allergens, but I would like to start giving her some of our casseroles or other multi ingredient dishes.

roocraw4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Finger foods for 9.5 month old

cooked sweet potato cut into cubes
Margaret, Mom to Douglas - 8.5.04 and Liam 4.7.06
moparop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

DD's just starting to tolerate finger foods, so we do organic wheat cookies (Earth's Best, I think) once in awhile, soft tofu, banana, avocado and sweet potato...baked apple nibs, too.

I'm doing 1 week in between introducing new foods and only mixing in things she's eaten in the past--but that's just my plan. DD's 11m.
Erika--Cloth Diapering (again!), Extended Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Signing and Delayed/Selective Vaxxing Mama to 7y/o Ramie, 4 y/o Reese and newbie Sebastian
beenwaitingalongtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
Registered Users

My DD loves Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Oat O's. Also the gerber organic fruit and veggie puffs.
Sara SAHM Johnny 6/13/00 TJaden 5/31/01 Soren 7/24/02 Lyndie 3/2/06 Wifey to Robert 12/19/98 Temperance Ilitha 12/29/07
mommabug42006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Finger foods for 9.5 month old has some good finger food ideas...
Courtney, wife to Matthew. Neurotic attached mom to Rosemary Elyse 12/11, Lucy Kathryn 12/07, Avery Jakob 7-05 and two tiny angels in heaven, Anthony & Grant
CourtneyinAlaska is offline   Reply With Quote