Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #21
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: 2nd Go at CD'ing...Flip or GroVia for 20mos old?

I am a GroVia fan, personally but I recommend trying Bo for you to decide... I would imagine CB is redesigning their disposable insert because it was so narrow, it got pretty bad reviews, but you can use a GroVia or gDiapers disposable in any cover for your trip!

Advertisement

RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #22
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Definitely try one of each first!! I haven't tried flip, but I loved Grobaby. And now the Grovia shell is bigger, so even better! You WILL have less laundry! Grovia inserts don't take up much room. When I used pockets I had to wash every day. With Grobaby I could wash every 2-3days and have the same amount of laundry. It is easy to trickle prefolds and flats into Grovia as well, the mesh helps hold it in place.
QHoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #23
Kryster
Registered Users

My Mood:

on my 16 month old I love my flips but I havent tried grovia or grobaby. however I like you -gave up cding for 9 months. I cd'd DS for the first 6 months of his life. I hated the laundry and I hated the stuffing. I am finding it much easier now. my DS was a bigger pee'er as a baby than he is now- or the flips are that much better of a diaper. since you can just change the insert, you do end up with less laundry and less to do.
Kryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #24
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeFam View Post
Thanks for the advice Mommas. Now here is my please be brutally honest question...

If I didn't make it the first time- what's the chance I will make it now? Is it easier or harder now that he is older? BGOS were awesomely easy to change- it was the amount of laundry I hated. Will the fact I am washing more inserts and less full diapers really matter?

I have two older children and we did not CD them- the ease of the disposable was well known by the time we got to number three.

Here is the question that will make the difference . . .

How often does your DC poop
??? Seriously!!!! These systems are PERFECT for a once a day pooper. I used Grobaby with my toddlers and it didn't work because they pooped like 3-4 times a day. I could never reuse the cover (hardly ever).

I'm using FLIPs with my DD - she poops once a day. It is perfect. I can reuse a cover a bunch of times. The amount of laundry (even with cding 2 kids right now) is way better and the FLIPS are so easy - no stuffing.

Last edited by fish3737; 07-11-2010 at 11:24 PM.
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote