Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
VeryChicBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: jenny342
seller

My Mood:
Intelligender

Totally did not plan to do this - my MIL gave me the test this evening. I guess I will do it in the morning to appease her. It was given to me in a tiny pink gift bag - geez - wonder what she is hoping for..

Anyone else trying/tried it? My DD is super excited & I already explained that I am not believing results from a pee in a cup test.. lol

Advertisement

Jenny, Mama to many, 16, 14, 11, & 3 & & 10 mth baby girl!!

~Custom Recycled Wool Shoes ~ & Leather, OBV & Fabric Soft Soles

VeryChicBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Intelligender

Good luck! And let us know!
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I used it with my 3rd pregnancy... said girl, got boy #3
Old 07-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have thought about it but Im cheap and $35 bucks for this test seems expensive.
Ive read that you cant be on any hormonal medications, like progesterone and such and cant have had sex w/in 48 or 72 hours when taking the test.

Some have said it tests your PH levels to guess/determine the gender. Not sure if if that is true though.
I would really love to know the gender of the baby, but since it's not as accurate as an US I cant see spending the money.
As I want to know just so I can buy clothes/dipes and stuff. Just not enough cute GN stuff out there.

Someone said that when their test was wrong the drugstore gave them a refund.

Let us know the result!

Pink gift bag, real subtle eh? Lol.

~Amber

Last edited by wonton; 07-10-2010 at 02:37 AM.
wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
laurajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had never heard of them until my friend (who is a few weeks ahead of me) took one and told me about it. I think it's interesting, but I would hate to think it might be one gender, and then find out later that it's the other. The accuracy rate just isn't high enough to justify it, IMO.

We are an unschooling, home birthing, breast feeding, cosleeping, cloth diapering, EC'ing, baby wearing, non vaxing, Weston A Price-diet family.
laurajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton View Post
I have thought about it but Im cheap and $35 bucks for this test seems expensive.

I would really love to know the gender of the baby, but since it's not as accurate as an US I cant see spending the money

You got a free one, why the heck not? Or if you really don't want it you can send it to me!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
lovemybabies924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i read reviews on this and its just 50/50 a scandalous way to make money of moms who just want to know early! the 95% accuracy rate is complete BS! lol
Old 07-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
VeryChicBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol at your responses - I took it yesterday morning & it was orange which supposedly means girl. Of course my DD is over the moon w/ excitement but I told her we wouldn't be painting any rooms pink until the u/s..

I figure it was free - I definitely would have rather had the money to buy something fluffy but whatever...

Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 AM   #9
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah it was free so why not?

I looked it up on amazon awhile back, I saw it on the back of a preg magazine at my mw office and I was like oh I have to have that lol.

The reviews arent great, however you have to keep in mind about those who usually leave a review, most are either SO beyond happy or more often really pissed off lol. Like if I bought the product and got an accurate result it doesnt mean Id leave a review, I rarely leave reviews on amazon, Im just like meh, Im happy but dont want to bother w/a review. Basically people w/really strong feelings are the ones who tend leave reviews, consider the source I suppose.
And w/a product like this for something so personal there will be a lot of strong feelings if the result is "wrong." Like the sample could just be very skewed. There could be more who got an accurate result but just didnt bother to leave a review.
I feel like im going around in circles trying to explain myself lol.

But again Im cheap and just cant see spending the money on that, Id rather save it and get a fetal doppler lol.
If I got it as a gift then yeah Id do it.

I was doing google research on it and someone on another board said the momma's sample/cup blew up LoL wonder what that meant?

I think that she said out of the group of mommas that did it 80% were right.

~Amber
wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #10
VeryChicBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, my MIL insists it is 90%. I just have to laugh and (KNOW) that it is 50%.. Either a boy or a girl. Time will tell.. The reviews here on DS are pretty good though - so far everyone got the correct result. lol

And as for it blowing up idk but the jar of pee got SUPER FIRE HOT when I combined it with those crystals so yea, I could see that happening.. I am pretty sure the drano test is the same thing..