Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #91
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the Love of Reading Daily/Weekly Chat -NEW-Come on in!

I only read about 20 pages last night as I got "interrupted" by dh.

Advertisement

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #92
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, you are all doing so well. I've barely made a dent in Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. I've really got to get cracking.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #93
sugar_booger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a ridiculously busy weekend, so I didn't have a chance to read at all, and I missed it!! I'm throwing in the towel on the zomie book though, I can't get into it and I really want to read my other novels...so I'm moving on to the Constant Princess.
I did get to listen to a few chapters of Inkheart on audio book while DH and drove to his parents friday night (I can't read in the car, and it was dark I would have had a migraine or puked within mintues of trying!) It was really good, but I fell asleep and missed a few chapters... and DH is actually listening to it while he drives for work, so I'll have to listen to it once he's done.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #94
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar_booger View Post
I had a ridiculously busy weekend, so I didn't have a chance to read at all, and I missed it!! I'm throwing in the towel on the zomie book though, I can't get into it and I really want to read my other novels...so I'm moving on to the Constant Princess.
I did get to listen to a few chapters of Inkheart on audio book while DH and drove to his parents friday night (I can't read in the car, and it was dark I would have had a migraine or puked within mintues of trying!) It was really good, but I fell asleep and missed a few chapters... and DH is actually listening to it while he drives for work, so I'll have to listen to it once he's done.
I really liked the Constant Princess. Not the first couple of chapters but after that it was great!

I read 80 pages of The White Queen last night. Still not as good as her other novels but still worth reading.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #95
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When I was a kid I read the entire library at my elementary school. My Christmas list was always full of books, and I spent most of my free time at the library in Jr. High and Highschool. Since Highschool I have almost completely stopped reading. Between work, and living with someone I actually want to talk to (aka DH) I just never find the time.

So here is my goal to start; One novel a week and at least one trip to the library a week. I will reassess this goal in October when DS is born, lol.

Right now I am going to finish reading Emma by Jane Austin... I was nearly done when I put it down a few months ago.

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #96
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Well, I had a crazy busy week and weekend, so I've barely put a dent in the book I started (Remembering Blue). But now that the big things are done and our family get together shin-dig is over, I can get back to my reading. Whoo-hoo! I have managed to hold up my goal for DD of reading with her every day.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #97
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I read the Darket Powers series over the past 5 days, but am dragging my feet on starting the Harry Potter series. For some reason I just don't know if I'll like it, I'm more into vampires/werewolves rather than wizards, iykwim? I requested the first book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series from the library but it looks like I won't get it for at least a week. I'm thinking of starting Twilight over again while I wait....
Old 07-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #98
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree View Post
Well I read the Darket Powers series over the past 5 days, but am dragging my feet on starting the Harry Potter series. For some reason I just don't know if I'll like it, I'm more into vampires/werewolves rather than wizards, iykwim? I requested the first book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series from the library but it looks like I won't get it for at least a week. I'm thinking of starting Twilight over again while I wait....
Yep, I get into those grooves, too. Right now I'm on a mindless chick lit groove and nothing else will do. Ooh, do tell how you like the Dark Lover book when you finish it. I love, love, love the series so far.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #99
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It was a busy weekend here as well. I didn't have much time to read at all and the kids spent the weekend with my parents so no reading with them. I did pick up quite a few great books at the library sale as well as a quick trip to Half Price books (cause you just can't have too many). I picked up some more early readers to work on with Kearnan and some curriculum books and some fun science books. Didn't really get anything for myself at the Library sale except a couple of cook books but I picked up a couple of mangas at half price.

On my first goal I have finished book 2 and 3 of Ai No Kusabi for a total of 340 pages. I am now 85 pages into book 4 which is turning out to be better than the previous two. Easier to follow and with more action.

On the reading to the kids front, we got 20 more pages of Howliday Inn read. I am hoping to get more done this evening.

On goal three, Kearnan has now read to me about Road Rollers, Pavers, and Backhoes. We need to finish our construction equipment reading soon so we can move on to something new.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #100
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Shannon, can I tell you that Half-Price Books is one of two things I really miss about moving to Canada from Dallas? The other is, of course, good Mexican food!

Finished Sworn to Silence and have moved on to The Redeemer by Jo Nesbo. Nesbo is a Norwegian writer. I am really loving on the northern European mystery writers right now! (I blame this whole The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo phenomenon!)

Here is my weekly blog post about murder mysteries.

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote