Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the Love of Reading Daily/Weekly Chat -NEW-Come on in!

this sounds awesome.

I don't have any personal goals really. I read TONS (usually) but at this point with the extra kids in my home I'd be glad to read a book a week

My 9 year old just got InkHeart in the mail and his goal is to finish the 550page monster in 5-6 days

right now I am reading Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas it is a historical romance.

I have OTW:
Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Love Letters From a Duke by Elizabeth Boyle
Confessions of a Little Black Gown by Elizabeth Boyle
Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong

Advertisement

David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #12
sugar_booger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, I haven't thought this through too much... I may end up reading more, because once I start reading I get hooked! I would like to read at LEAST 2 books every month. I'll set a goal to have 1 non fiction book in there every other month.

I just started Pride and Prejudice and Zombie it's pretty terrible so far but we will see.

I'm also reading James Dobson's 'Parenting Isn't for Cowards' for my non fiction choice!

I've already read The Other Boleyn Girl this month, so I'm pretty much guarenteed to make my goal and then some
Old 07-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #13
charise820
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well I picked my book out I just started Nora Roberts the black hills. (it's an ebook I counted and I have over 200) so I think my focus will be to read the books have now ebooks and regular books before getting new for me.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #14
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Yay! I'm excited about this! Alright, my goal is 6 books/month. I'm also setting a reading goal for me and DD to read every day together. She loves her books and loves me to read to her, but lately we haven't been doing it every day like we used to, and I want to make sure we do.

Already this month I've read: Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich, Druids by Morgan Llywelyn, and A Trip to the Beach by Melinda and Robert Blanchard.

I went to the library today (YAY!) and picked up several books and have a handful I own I'm really itching to read...I'll decide later tonight or tomorrow what I'm going to start with.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:27 AM   #15
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree View Post
Yay! Now that I know the "rules" lol, I'm definitely in!! Reading is my #1 passion, (reality TV is #2! )

Right now I'm re-reading the third book of the Mortal Instruments series, I'm hoping to get it done in the next couple of days as I bought some new books over the weekend and am anxious to crack them open! Up next is either the Harry Potter series or the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong. I'll most likely go with the Darkest Powers series since it's not soo huge and intimidating!
I loved the Mortal Instruments series. I really liked how it all wrapped up. I think City of Ashes was my favorite. And I totally vote for Harry Potter. I'm a super Potter geek. I think they are my favorites ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfrugalfunlife View Post
I started reading a chapter book to my dd today for the first time and it was so awkward lol! And it will be a lesson in patience for me....... no I do not know how the dog climbed up the ship steps, no I do not why the cat is wearing clothes, no I do not know why the cat lives by the sea when cats don't like getting wet...........
Oh my gosh. I know! Even reading Bernstein Bears to my 4yo is a chore! We are listening to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in the car. "What's a fawn?" "Why do people make coats out of fur?" "What is a war?"... it goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
this sounds awesome.

I don't have any personal goals really. I read TONS (usually) but at this point with the extra kids in my home I'd be glad to read a book a week

My 9 year old just got InkHeart in the mail and his goal is to finish the 550page monster in 5-6 days

right now I am reading Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas it is a historical romance.

I have OTW:
I really love Lisa Kleypas and historical romances. I haven't read this particular one, so let me know how it is! I love the Walflower series.

I am not setting any goals, because I just set myself up with some pretty challenging knitting goals, but I do have a current 'stack' from the library that I plan on reading in the next month or so:

The Well Adjusted Child-- It is NF about homeschooling and socialization. I've been running into this a lot since deciding to homeschool and it is driving me crazy, so I want to read about it so I can better form responses to people who give me trouble.

Fearless Fourteen & Plum Spooky -- Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich. This is one of my favorite series. I picked up Fearless Fourteen as an audio book so I can listen while I knit. I find it so relaxing to do both at the same time.

My favorite things to read are historical romance (regency/industrial era especially), fantasy and adventure. I also really like combinations of these genres. My favorite books of all time are the ENTIRE Harry Potter series followed closely by A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court Love Mark Twain.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #16
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't really set a goal for myself as it all depends on how much work I have to do. When I have a ton of people waiting on me then I can't justify time to read. I will strive tor ead every single day though even if it is just a few pages a day. I also need new glasses badly so by the end of the day my eyes are shot. I'm calling in half an hour to get myself an appointment to get a new prescription so no more excuses!

The book I have just started is "The White Queen" by Phillipa Gregory.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #17
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
this sounds awesome.

I have OTW:
We just rented that movie-Brenden Fraser is such a hottie
It had a great story too lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charise820 View Post
Well I picked my book out I just started Nora Roberts the black hills. (it's an ebook I counted and I have over 200) so I think my focus will be to read the books have now ebooks and regular books before getting new for me.
wow! I really need to look into those ebooks-they sound really cool

Glad so many have joined this group already! I started Your Money or Your Life yesterday and wow, does it make you think! I'm going to make my dh read it when I'm done
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #18
charise820
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfrugalfunlife View Post
We just rented that movie-Brenden Fraser is such a hottie
It had a great story too lol!

wow! I really need to look into those ebooks-they sound really cool

Glad so many have joined this group already! I started Your Money or Your Life yesterday and wow, does it make you think! I'm going to make my dh read it when I'm done
LOL I have a book hoarding problem and love to read...so ebooks I can have as many as i need (get my fix) and not fill a room with books (i did that in the past) many were free as well.

I would check them out. I read them on the puter and my sony ereader that way I can carry tons of books (depends on my mood as to what I want to read) and still have space.

Plus my 9yo loves it. he loves to read and everything but something about the tech. makes him want to read as well. So I share my reader a lot..dh loves it too for 24 hour duty and such. we are going to get a second because of that reason.

~~~~~

Ok I have to ask has any one here read the book Little Red and the Wolf by Alison Page? this one I enjoyed a great deal

or the Red Tree by Caitlin R. Kierna....this one was different and well I wonder if anyone else has read it.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My goal: 4 books per month / 1500 pages per month

ETA: 7/13 - read 300 pages

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!

Last edited by BNC; 07-14-2010 at 08:05 AM.
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #20
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by charise820 View Post

~~~~~

Ok I have to ask has any one here read the book Little Red and the Wolf by Alison Page? this one I enjoyed a great deal

or the Red Tree by Caitlin R. Kierna....this one was different and well I wonder if anyone else has read it.
Ooh, thank you for asking this! I just looked them up and I really want to read The Red Tree now! I've put it on my list!

Also, I haven't read Little Red and the Wolf, but I just discovered these remade fairy tale stories very recently through reviews and am waiting on a copy of Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon. So I might have to check into this Red Riding Hood one, too.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote