Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
snic_1982
Registered Users
seller

Cloth Wipes!!!!!

Hey mamas!!!!!!!! I need some advice - I still and always have used disposable wipes But atm i have none here, and have never tried cloth wipes - LOL!!! terrible eh? I have two babes im cding, but have never done the cloth wipes. I have a few i got as samples when buying cds, and i have a lot of baby wash cloths i dont use (will these work) Help me!!!!! - side note (sorry if tmi) ds1 bms are groosssssssssss (toddler) is this going to drive me crazy????? do you spray all the poop off the wipe too? sorry i have never done this in my cding life

Advertisement

snic_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
imacowgirl2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cloth Wipes!!!!!

Baby washcloths work if they are 100% cotton...if they have polyester in them they'll do more repelling than absorbing and drive you nuts.

I don't do anything special to my wipes, just toss in the diaper pail..but I also dont do anything special to my diapers and just toss them into the diaper pail too unless there is a TON of poop that easily falls/rolls off...so not much help there lol

I used disposable wipes for my first few months CD'ing but I'm so glad I switched...so much easier and nicer to clean up with cloth wipes. My personal are flannel backed with OBV, but some mamas prefer flannel/flannel or other fabrics as well...its mostly personal preference.

ETA: In a pinch, I've even used regular terry washcloths as wipes...
imacowgirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
snic_1982
Registered Users
seller

thank you mama! this does help!!! i have a tonne of those thin baby washcloths, not sure on the material, i DID use them for a week one time before i even cd ds1 when he had a terrible rash - i dont remember it being a HUGE pita, but he was so sick, i wasnt concentrating on what i was wiping his bum with, kwim? should i just leave them dry until i use them? im a sahm of 4 kiddos, so i dont go out much, its not inconvenient to me to run it under the tap. i feel like such a newbie LOL!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

We use just plain old tap water on our cloth wipes. I take 2 or 3 days worth and get them wet in the sink, wring out the excess, fold in half and put in a sposie wipes box. My squirmy toddler would never let me take the time to get a wipe wet right when I needed it -- it's gotta be ready to go! As long as they don't sit more than a few days, I have never had a problem with them getting stinky at all.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
sadiesauce
Registered Users

I keep a spray bottle next to my basket of flannel squares. When DD was a newborn, I made a solution from cali baby wash, tea tree oil, olive oil, and water, and I'd spritz on the square as needed. But now I'm lazy and I just use water, and it works fine. You can google "wipe solution recipe" and there are a TON to chose from, as elaborate or simple as you want to make it.

Some mamas I know fill a wipes box-- the plastic ones-- with the solution and put their wipes in them to keep them wet and ready to go, but they only last for a week or so that way before they need to be washed.

I sewed up a bunch of unused receiving blankets (poorly- I'm not a crafty lady but they do the trick).

Cloth wipes are the best! I've only had to buy about 15 packages of wipes in the past year, and they were for daycare only.
sadiesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
snic_1982
Registered Users
seller

thank you!!!!!! my toddler is pretty easy for changing (he will take it upon himself to tell me when he needs to be changed and bring me a diaper - time for pling much??? LOL) and my other lo i would need them ready first... but i could easily wet them i think before i even took his diaper off to solve that issue. thanks for your advice mamas!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
amehrkens
Registered Users
seller

I love using cloth wipes. The ones I make are terry on one side and flannel on the other. I usually fold them in half and lay them in a plastic wipes container and then I spritz them with water when I need them. I used to use a solution of water, baby wash, and a little lotion but I just decided that plain water works just as well. You won't need too many as I have found even the messiest diapers only require 1 or 2 cloth wipes versus the 5 or 6 disposable wipes!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fluff...26110884116529
amehrkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
monkeymoms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my cloth wipes...I was a little unsure at first but I'm so happy I use them. I use Fuzzibunz wipes that I managed to score at a really discounted price. Great deal. I have 40 of them and wound up buying 20 more of another kind cuz 40 wasn't quite enough. I would guess you should double that amount and get 120 for your two in dipes.

I take about 25 wipes at a time and get them prepped. I fill the bathroom sink with water and put in a splash of baby wash and a splash of baby oil. Then I dunk and wring out the wipes and put them in an old wipes container. 25 fit fine. They only last 2-3 days til I run out so they stay plenty fresh and by the time I'm doing wash again I need more. It's prefect. I do keep about 5 dry ones in the diaper bag. I just fill a spray bottle with the solution in the sink for on the go.

This works great for me and my LO.
monkeymoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
snic_1982
Registered Users
seller

how come i would need so many? if you only use 2 at a time and they last 2-3 days? i do my wash every other day no exceptions, and i would assume i would wash these with my cds as well?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
Flipflopmobilemom
Registered Users
seller

I made mine out of flannel on both sides. I have about 40 for one baby and that is more than enough. I put them in a sposie plastic container and then get enough wet for about 2 days and it works perfect. We used to do the spray bottle but the container works much better.
Flipflopmobilemom is offline   Reply With Quote