Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
rylan'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Which Pampered Chef Stoneware should I buy?

I decided. I am ordering a piece of stoneware for myself. I just can't decide which one!! I have been placing pieces in my cart and then taking them out again!!
My choices are:

Medium Pizza stone without handles $22.00 - great option for the price, I just don't know if I will kick myself for not getting the one with the handles. Also, because it is less than $24.99 the shipping is less.

Medium Pizza stone with handles $27.50 - might be nice to have the handles, but I don't really know. It increases the price by almost $10.00 due to higher shipping and more tax

Large Bar pan $45.00 - I would love this for making cookies, but I could make cookies on the pizza stone. I has more surface area so it would be nice for chicken, tenderloin etc. However, this is waaaay more money. Should I just "bite the bullet" and get it? I wouldn't be able to use it to make round pizza..

HELP! Help me spend my money! If you have any/all of these items which one should I get

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which Pampered Chef Stoneware should I buy?

Are the handles attached? Mine is separate metal handles that are a bit of a pain, IMO. lol

I go with the pizza stone. It's handy and you can cook whatever you want on it, pizza, cookies, chicken nuggets . . . whatever.

Oh and this is my favorite Pampered Chef recipe!!

http://www.familyoven.com/recipe/Chi...nch-Ring/77510

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Get the bar pan. It's worth it because you can do so much more with it. I could only buy one so I went with the bar pan and I use it all the time.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

for sure a bar pan. You can always find pizza stones at regular stores (even Walmart) but stones with edges are hard to come by. I love cooking bacon, pancakes, chicken/beef that's juicy or been marinated etc all in my bar pan and have no worries of it rolling off the side. yes, you can use a pizza stone for cookies but not all of the other ideas.

I have a pizza stone (not pampered chef but I can't tell the difference), the large bar pan and the small bar pan. I use my large bar pan the most for sure. My pizza stone has the separate metal handles and most of the time I don't even bother using them.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
aprilkek
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would not go round. I am not finding all the prices and products online that you are talking about, but I have the rectangular baking stone, the large bar pan and a round pizza stone. I probably use the rectangular one the most, however the large bar pan is a close second. You can cook anything on it! I like the bar pan for making pizzas on, and anything that has a little juice, like chicken wings, etc. That wasy none of it drips down into the oven. I only use my pizza stone for pizzas. I think it would be a funny fit for cookies.

ZULILY! Join Swagbucks and Earn Free Money! Plum District The Mini Social Gilt Group One Kings Lane
aprilkek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
aprilkek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalanne79 View Post
I love cooking bacon, pancakes, chicken/beef that's juicy or been marinated etc all in my bar pan and have no worries of it rolling off the side.
Bacon, really I might have to try that! Do you have to do anything special?

ZULILY! Join Swagbucks and Earn Free Money! Plum District The Mini Social Gilt Group One Kings Lane
aprilkek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

nope, nothing special at all. It's also the best way to "season" your stone the first time you use it. It doesn't all splatter like when you fry it and it's all done at the same time because it's so big. No flipping it or anything.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yummmmy, baked bacon is the way to go!! Much less splatter and mess, most restaraunts cook it that way too!

Personally, I would get the bar and buy a cheaper pizza stone elsewhere until you can afford a PC one. I know the PC ones have a warranty and stuff, but I would see myself using the bar pan more than the round one. JMO... Plus, couldn't you make a couple mini pizzas on the bar?? The bar is 15.5" x 10" and the medium round is 13"... so technically you could make 2 smaller pizzas, or even square ones! Get creative! LOL
Old 07-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #9
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have/have had them all. The round stone stays in my oven full-time to help maintain temp when I open the door. I throw all kinds of things on it. I just make sure not to put them close to the edge. I bake 9 cookies at a time on it. The round stone with handles lasted about a week at my house. I blew it up by putting a frozen pizza on it. It was good while it lasted. The large bar pan is probably the most versatile. I don't keep it in the oven full-time b/c it's easier to slide another pan on top if it doesn't have sides, but I use it for a wide variety of foods.

I would probably go with the bar pan if I could only have one. You might be able to check upcoming host specials. I know that in the past they've offered the host 60% off all stoneware. If a deal like that was coming up, it might be worth waiting and then you could choose more.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
rylan'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I placed my order!! I ended up getting the large bar pan....and the medium round stone The round without handles is in the outlet for $22 so I decided to just grab it as well! It might be different in the US....
Thanks for all the suggestions mamas!