Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
grizzardmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Detergent choice

What do you wash your dipes with? For those of you that use something for all your clothes like Tide, have you had issues? Are you having to strip a lot? I've always been a Purex f&c user but the few dipes we have are RnG washed because I have some samples....Trying to decide if I need to suck it up and order on line or if I can use something from the store.

Thanks

Advertisement

grizzardmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
imacowgirl2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Detergent choice

I use Country Save on everything...mostly because I can get it cheaper than I can get anything locally, even the cheapo stuff. It's also very fantastic for me that I can use the same detergent in both a FL and a TL, because I have two washers, one of each. That way, no worrying about hubby using the wrong soap in the wrong washer.

However, I've used Tide in the past without issues...I just prefer how environmentally friendly (and septic once we move to the new house!) Country Save is.
imacowgirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
applemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use regular tide and it works for me!
applemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
grizzardmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Id like to use country save..I just have a feeling with ordering ill forget an need to wash an have nothing
grizzardmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
Laydiebugs
Registered Users

I use Biokleen All-Temperature Liquid. It's been my regular detergent for awhile because I'm super sensitive even to all natural things. It also has grapefruit seed extract which is apparently an antibacterial or something?

Since I only need 1/4 the recommended amount for a load of flat diapers, a jug lasts me 128 washings ... so that'd be like 3 jugs per year I think? Our grocery stores have it but so does Amazon.com, maybe ordering 3 jugs once a year you wouldn't forget (they're like 8 bucks a jug I think)!
Laydiebugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #6
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:

I myself was wondering about this, is Tide ok to use and can you use the tide with bleach or the new Tide Sport?
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

We used Arm&Hammer sensitive skin on everything. Makes it so SIMPLE! I have NO stink issues and no stains! I'm finishing up a bottle of ECOS and I remember why I didn't like it. It just doesn't clean as well.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:33 AM   #8
SamsMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use whatever is on sale lol. Sorry, I'm not help!

But, the only time I have had issues is with Purex Free & Clear.
SamsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #9
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used Tide Free and Clear for a long time and it worked great. I do currently use RNG for all of our laundry. I also own a cloth diaper store though so it's easy for me to just go to my store and get more.
It is kind of a pain to have to remember to order online. I have several other things that I buy only online and I do sometimes run out before the replacement gets here. LOL
If you buy two bags or buy enough to get free shipping you will have a little extra, when you get half way through the last bag order more and you won't run out.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #10
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used Tide Free and Clear for a long time and it worked great. I do currently use RNG for all of our laundry. I also own a cloth diaper store though so it's easy for me to just go to my store and get more.
It is kind of a pain to have to remember to order online. I have several other things that I buy only online and I do sometimes run out before the replacement gets here. LOL
If you buy two bags or buy enough to get free shipping you will have a little extra, when you get half way through the last bag order more and you won't run out.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote