Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #41
naomi's mama
Registered Users
Re: Review of the BG 4.0!

Wow, nice thorough review. Too bad we hate snaps

naomi's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:36 AM   #42
Registered Users

I'm excited about the 4.0's I think I'll have to see them to know for myself how they fit. If they don't work then we will just have to find another brand of diaper (we only have 2 3.0's) I really like the 3.0s but I have a tiny daughter shes 19 months and only 20lbs. But were due with a boy next and boys are usually bigger and grow faster and the doctors compared his ultrasounds with dds and said hes a whole lot bigger so hopefully the 4.0's will work just fine!! I figured i'd do prefolds for when hes a newborn anyway!! I just wish they would get here sooner!!
katyldf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #43
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ha Ha! Looks like I am one of the few that thinks the 4.0 would be a better fit for us. They look a whole lot like the sizing of the 2.0s right down to the slightly bigger stretchy tabs. If you search the forums back when the 3.0 was new folks did comparison picts of the 2.0s to the 3.0s and they look just like these (other than the new velcro, snaps, new colors and easier elastic repair )

The 2.0s fit my kiddo from birth at 8 pounds and were just as trim as the newborn pockets I had bought for him of other brands. So I actually think the 4.0s will fit from 8 pounds up with no problems. Also - the 2.0s fit better than the 3.0s overall for my little guy from birth all the way until potty learning. He is NOT a bigger baby either. He has fallen right around 50th percentile for height and weight most of the time. But for some reason the 3.0s were always a shade too tight on the thighs and left marks while the 2.0s did not. So for some babies the 3.0s probably totally rock. But there are at least as many babies as that that will get a better fit with the new 4.0s (or the old 2.0s).

And yes - the skipping the stitches in the leg elastic is exactly what makes it easier to replace the elastic. Now folks won't have to dig out the seam ripper and pull away at the topstitching on the diaper to replace elastics. And trying to find matching thread to replace the top stitching at the end of the diaper repair is no longer an issue either. Yay! You simply turn the diaper inside out, snip the old elastic on one side and pin it to a new piece of elastic with a safety pin. When you pull the old elastic out through the other side it will pull the new elastic in where it belongs. Snip the old elastic down at the other end then tack down the new elastic at both ends. It really does take the painful parts of elastic repair out of the picture. This should be so fast to do. And trust me, I have done enough elastic repair to appreciate the difference.

Great review! i love that your baby loves diaper changes. Both of my boys are like that. My older son would let me test out different types of diapers on him 8 in a row and would never complain. lol! Poor kiddo!

I am actually a little excited that my kiddo might be able to wear BGs again bfore PLing eventhough we don't *need* anymore diapers for him.

But yeah - not excited about the new colors as much. But I am VERY excited that they decided to bring the brights back and can't wait for their return.
Stacy, mom to two very spirited boys... Thomas and Patrick
Just trying to keep up with them - lol!

Last edited by ~stacy~; 07-16-2010 at 07:33 AM.
~stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #44
Registered Users
My Mood:

My 4 month old is a gigantor also - 18.5 lbs and 27.5 inches long - and I'm still not itching to get any 4.0's. I think when he outgrows his 3.0's, I'll put them away for the next baby and get some large fuzzi bunz.....unless the prints are exciting.
Mommy to Mr. Nolan, 3-9-10
cg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #45
Registered Users

Great Job! I loved how you noticed the mistake on the tag! LOL!
Mom2boys09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #46
Registered Users
My Mood:

since it is produced by cottonbabies I bet the new BGs are the same as the Flips - have the Flips and the BG and the outer cover is the same!!!
momofcutebutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #47
Registered Users
My Mood:

awesome review mama!!
Meagan--wifey to my brave DH and mama to 3 trying for but mostly i'm
chloecat is offline   Reply With Quote