Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
loveslucylee
Registered Users
seller

how to store cloth wipes/solution

I am going to try cloth wipes and solution and got some Monkey Butts Bits on Hyena cart....now I am just not sure how to store and use them? Do I put them in a wipes sposie container with the solution or put it in a squirt bottle for when I need it?
I feel stupid asking but need help thanks!
Tiffany

Advertisement

loveslucylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
kkalltheway
Registered Users

Re: how to store cloth wipes/solution

I use my old disposable wipes container that I keep on my changing table while at home. On the go we use a Tupperware container to keep it nice and watertight. Works just fine and Ive never had any problems with it. Im too lazy to keep them dry and go searching for spray wipe solution all every time so keeping them ready to go works for me. IDK if it makes any difference but when I put clean ones up I put them on the bottom so they are always rotating and nothing is getting stuck and staying wet for months on the bottom.
kkalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
LillyIvy
Registered Users
seller

With DD, I made my own wipes and since they were TINY (in comparison to 'real' ones), my only real option was a spray bottle (I always sprayed her bum, I always looked forward to the giggles ). Since I'm due in two months, my plan this time is using a sposie container (I heard Huggies is the best? Bigger opening I guess) and folding them so they pop up. Also, I'm only going to put enough in to last the day and have 'refills' prefolded so I can pop them in in the morning. That way they don't get that mildew smell I've heard about.

ETA: I will be using the baby wash cloths from Walmart. They fold up so nicely
Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually just put about 20 in an old Huggies container and saturate them with my wipes cubes solution. That way they get switched out every day and never sit too long.
I also stack mine so they ¨pop up¨ like disposable ones.
If we are on the go, I keep them in a baggie or travel wipes container and bring a little squirt bottle.
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my wipes warmer. Best 30 bucks I've spent so far. I just roll the wipes up and stick them in there and pour the warm water over them. I just add a little tea tree oil to the water. I pour enough water that I can reload the wipes without adding water at least one time. Then, when empty, I rinse and repeat. I store dry/clean wipes folded in my misc stuff basket under my changing table.

If your baby doesn't mind cold wipes, any water-tight container will do.

Last edited by hpfgirl; 07-15-2010 at 09:59 AM.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

I store my wipes in a wipes warmer. I know a lots of mamas say it is just asking for trouble, but they stay pretty fresh in there. (I had a problem once because I was using the wrong detergent - and boy did it get gross!! It smelled of rotting sewage in there!! ) Anyway, last time I left town and forgot about the wipes in the warmer, and when I got back they were all still super fresh!!

So I generally have two types of wipes in the warmer - larger velour wipes on one side and smaller white cotton terry on the other. I like to have a nice white wipe when DS has a poopy diaper - I use it last to make sure I got everything. I either just use water (that I boiled and cooled) with a few drops of TTO, or some wipes cubes. If I don't use cubes, then I use some Kissaluvs spray.

My supplies for the warmer water:

The general setup:

The wipes in the warmer:
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
Connor
Registered Users
seller

I use a squirt bottle, spray it on DS's bum and wipe off with a wipe. I have 2 of the small colorful spray bottles (from walmart where the travel size toothpaste, lotions, etc are) I only have to refill them about every 3 weeks, so it's super easy
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
monkeymoms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I store my wipes in an old sposie wipe container already prepped with solution. I do keep wipes in the diaper bag dry with a spray bottle to use on the go.
monkeymoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I soak my wipes in water, and store them in a plastic disposable wipe container.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
PierogiBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: ndebele
seller

I keep my wipes stacked up dry and just wet them as I need them. I keep a bottle of wipe solution on the changing table When we go out, I wet about 6 or so and put them in a ziplock baggie. I use to have a small wetbag for that, but it got ripped

Feedback on thebabywearer.com under the same name
PierogiBaby is offline   Reply With Quote