Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
calismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing cover for twins and tandem nursers

So I'm pregnant with twins and have discovered a lack of breastfeeding supplies for mommas of multiples. I decided to come up with a nursing cover that work work if you have two children nursing once. I not only nurse in public but I also have roommates that I don't want to be exposed to. I also think this would be nice for mommas who tandem nurse. It basically has a flap in the middle with two flaps overlapping on top. You can flip each side up separately, so if one baby finishes first, no problem! On the reverse of each flap will be a burp cloth so you can throw it up on your shoulder and burp while the other baby finishes. I want to start testing them at $12 a piece and eventually sell for $25. Do you think this would be successful? And does that sound like a reasonable price?

Also would offer a normal nursing cover with a pocket on the front with a matching burp cloth. It would also include a flower with a clip on it that could be switched from one strap to the other as a reminder for which side you nursed on. Would test for $10 and sell for $20. What do you think? It looks a little short on me because I am sporting a large pregnant belly. Hehe.

Advertisement

Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing cover for twins and tandem nursers

Congrats on your twins.

Honestly, I'm nursing my second set of twins. I rarely feed them at the same time in public. It takes a lot of space and just isn't easy to do while being discrete. But, when I do, I just use my regular cover and it works just fine. Sorry. Very innovative though. Maybe someone else would like it. If I were interested, the price sounds reasonable to me.

If you don't have one yet or haven't heard of it, the EZ 2 Nurse twin nursing pillow is wonderful for nursing twins.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
calismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Congrats on your twins.

Honestly, I'm nursing my second set of twins. I rarely feed them at the same time in public. It takes a lot of space and just isn't easy to do while being discrete. But, when I do, I just use my regular cover and it works just fine. Sorry. Very innovative though. Maybe someone else would like it. If I were interested, the price sounds reasonable to me.

If you don't have one yet or haven't heard of it, the EZ 2 Nurse twin nursing pillow is wonderful for nursing twins.

I did buy that pillow, it looks amazing! Thank you for your input!
Old 07-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Willows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Please just know this is my input, no offense intended. I have nursed multiples and will be tandem in a couple months as I am still nursing my toddler. I am somewhat anti-cover, but my toddler would never nurse under that, I would feel like I was wearing a giant curtain. It is difficult enough to nurse two, doing it under a cover would drive me nuts.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
calismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows View Post
Please just know this is my input, no offense intended. I have nursed multiples and will be tandem in a couple months as I am still nursing my toddler. I am somewhat anti-cover, but my toddler would never nurse under that, I would feel like I was wearing a giant curtain. It is difficult enough to nurse two, doing it under a cover would drive me nuts.

Some moms and babies aren't fans of the covers, but my DD didn't mind and it was nice to have the option when I had family over or when I was out and desperate. Other moms swear by their nursing covers. So I guess this would be an alternative for a mom who liked the covers. Thank you though, all input is helpful!
Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
alienmeg15
Registered Users
seller

Ditto what Heather said--I don't tandem nurse in public either, it's just too complicated to hold both babies without the boppy and preserve some modesty. (I did try it in the back of the minivan once...) Admittedly it's pretty easy for me to tandem nurse at home since i dont have older kids/their friends running in and out or anything--I can just sit around. Clever idea though
Old 07-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
3MonkeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm...yeah I never tandem nursed my twins (just nursed them "single-file") but I don't think I would've done it when out in public even if I had. I actually really like covers ( I know, I know but mine was super cute and the easiest way to hide my nasty post-babies flab!!) and I think it is a good idea though. I just don't know if it would really get much use.

I know some people are very modest though and may like to have something like that for home use even especially in the early days when people are overtaking your house to "help". That way you wouldn't necessarily have to skip off to the bedroom or whatever to nurse if you don't want your tatas on display. (Never did figure out how to not flash the room when I was trying to tandem nurse in the early days!!)

Overall, I definitely think that you could sell some, I just don't know how "in demand" they would be!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
sciencedancer
Registered Users

I would have loved this while nursing my boys!
sciencedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
christenjoy
Registered Users

Honestly, I gave up on privacy as soon as I had the twins. I had a hard enough time figuring out how to tandem nurse them, that I didn't really care who I was flashing in the process. I think a cover would have just made it harder. But, that's just me who said, "who really cares, I'm feeding my babies"! Sometimes I would go to another room if a lot of people were over and everyone knew what I was doing. If they chose to come in they knew what they were getting themselves into. As far as tandem NIP, I rarely did it, and if I did I was able to do it in the car, or Disneyland would let me go in to first aid and use a cot with a pull curtain!
christenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
jamiw
Registered Users

Love this idea
jamiw is offline   Reply With Quote