Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Has anyone used the My Father's World cirriculum for homeschooling?

Thanks everyone who posted here!

I had decided a few months ago that we would be using MFW for the next school year. However, we hadnt decided which level/package we were going with.

Last night I was looking through the MFW website and decided what I wanted. Then I realized I had been looking at Kindergarten instead of 1st grade! Ooops!

But then I decided that I think it'll be best for us to go ahead with the Kindergarten (this should actually be my DD's first grade year that we're coming into) and hopefully we'll be able to breeze through it and also start on first grade in this year. She's almost 6 1/2, loves math, knows the letter sounds and is reading some. However, what has me sold on Kindergarten is those character lessons that they teach! Such as respect, using your tongue wisely, not complaining, etc. These are things that we've been trying to work on lately anyway, and she could really use the reinforcement from MFW.

So thanks again, for helping me to feel good about the decision I made.

Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
Registered Users

I have a 4 yo smartie pants that I'm trying to determine whether MFW will be appropriate for or not. She's reading a little and has known her alphabet for 1 - 2 years and can write in all upper and knows lowercase letters as well. Needs a little more practice with a few of the lowercase letters, but knows them all. Do you think the K would be appropriate for her. Her B-day is in Novemeber so she's not really even supposed to start K for another year, but we thought since she's an eager over achiever we'd do it. Any thoughts on this. Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread, I've just been researching till I'm blue in the face and am dizzy. Any help would be awesome.
BIG CRUMBS: Earn Waaay More as compared to EBates and MyPoints

Swagbucks: Get stuff free, whatever you choose. Ask me how or simply click here:
c_rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
Registered Users

I'm thinking we are going to start adventures with my 7 yo dd.
pink&bluemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #14
Registered Users

I haven't seeing as my DD is 3.5 months old. I have a really good friend who uses it and has from the beginning with her girls and she loves it.
Wifey to amazing hubby Nick (3/7/09) and mommy to my sweet dd Avalon Maysan (4/4/10): sweet dd Paisley Larue (8/9/11) and my handsome little man Zadok Alasdair (05/24/13)
birdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

OOOOO WE LOVE MFW!!! Seriously I can't say enough great things about this curriculum! It has truly been a God send to my family I have used Kindergarden, 1st grade, Adventures and will be starting Exploring Countries and Continents in Jan!! LOVE it!!!
look4hiddentreasures is offline   Reply With Quote