Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #91
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: single parents/non-traditional families forum

it's where i hide when it comes to family matters. although in offtopic int he latest non-manogamous mamas thread. not that comfy letting the whole world know about my relationship, and fearing the people who think it is wrong, and want to talk downa dn tell me "i deserve better.. and one man one woman" kinda thing. please please please make a non-traditional forum so i can stop hiding and feeling separate and alone from the "normal types of families"

Advertisement

DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #92
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just adding my support, hoping to be counted! Thanks!

ETA: I've felt similarly that anything other than mainstream is moved to sensitive subjects, I don't think that's the right place; its not sensitive, its life!

Last edited by percussionsmith; 07-20-2011 at 07:36 AM.
percussionsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #93
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think they just think anything that mentions sex or sexual relationships is moved to prevent the general population from being offended..

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #94
Lulu'sMom
Registered Users

I just joined DS after reading about it on a neighboors website, so I dont really have any idea what I'm doing on the site....but I too am a single mother (have been for 6 years) and I would LOVE to have a place to talk to other single Moms.
Lulu'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #95
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyDay View Post
it's where i hide when it comes to family matters. although in offtopic int he latest non-manogamous mamas thread. not that comfy letting the whole world know about my relationship, and fearing the people who think it is wrong, and want to talk downa dn tell me "i deserve better.. and one man one woman" kinda thing. please please please make a non-traditional forum so i can stop hiding and feeling separate and alone from the "normal types of families"
It sucks feeling like you have to hide so you don't offend anyone.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #96
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut*
Agreed. It's not fair that *some* families have to hide in the SS. everyone should be able to get support, or talk about their lives without having to constantly defend themselves or hide in a forum made for *taboo* topics.
Exactly! Mothering dot com has a forum for blended/step families and it runs smoothly if that is the concern of the powers that be.
How can we find a list of admins to pm? I'm on my phone and can't find it.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #97
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05

Exactly! Mothering dot com has a forum for blended/step families and it runs smoothly if that is the concern of the powers that be.
How can we find a list of admins to pm? I'm on my phone and can't find it.
You have to log into the regulars ds site and look at the bottom ,the admins/ mods are listed in red.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #98
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

i wish mothering weren't so dead because I would go there for an alternative families forum. but it's dying a very very slow painful death and has been for a few years.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #99
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll pop in to voice my support again. I may be in a relationship now...wasn't when this thread was started..but regardless I still see myself as a single parent. Lesbian on top of that and yeah..I am pretty much stuck with posting in SS if I need any support. My gf helps with my daughter of course but still she my daughter (born before my gf came into my life) so I do not expect her to assume full parental responsibilty so that leaves it mostly to me. Hopefully someone will give us some answer soon!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #100
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillyDay View Post
THIS IS WHY THIS IS NEEDED! Nobody needs to feel like they can't express who they are on a site like this! Isn't this all about like-minded Mama's *and daddy's.... getting together to discuss and debate (no matter how heated)... and ask for advice and learn from each other? If you can't be yourself (without persecution) then what's the point of coming?
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote