Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #101
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: single parents/non-traditional families forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageac View Post
I think they just think anything that mentions sex or sexual relationships is moved to prevent the general population from being offended..
HMMM... why is sex so offensive... clearly the Mama's here have all done it AT LEAST once.. TTC... TTA... ALL ABOUT SEX! I guess it's only a certain kind of sex that is okay to discuss? Like one with a purpose?

Advertisement

amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #102
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
And Still no responses from sn administrator or moderator Hmmmm. ??
Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 AM   #103
beaniesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think this forum is a great idea and despite not being a single parent, would like to show my support for all the singles out there. I think of one of my co-workers that lost her spouse suddenly a few years back...there are so many situations that lead to single parenting I see great potential in this type of forum!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #104
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajiggles View Post
HMMM... why is sex so offensive... clearly the Mama's here have all done it AT LEAST once.. TTC... TTA... ALL ABOUT SEX! I guess it's only a certain kind of sex that is okay to discuss? Like one with a purpose?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #105
momtothebrothersOZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love this idea!
momtothebrothersOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #106
3rockstars
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajiggles View Post
THIS IS WHY THIS IS NEEDED! Nobody needs to feel like they can't express who they are on a site like this! Isn't this all about like-minded Mama's *and daddy's.... getting together to discuss and debate (no matter how heated)... and ask for advice and learn from each other? If you can't be yourself (without persecution) then what's the point of coming?
And this is a perfect way to describe it. Part of our growth as mommies and daddies and HUMAN BEINGS is being able to feel comfortable in our own skin as ourselves and we'll never achieve that without having an outlet for this where we are free to just *be.* I wish we had that here because now that my children are potty trained and off the breast and no longer being worn, I've outgrown DS. I'm ready to leave having been here for 5 years. I wish there was a reason for me to stay.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #107
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rockstars View Post
... I've outgrown DS. I'm ready to leave having been here for 5 years. I wish there was a reason for me to stay.
I am not there, yet, but I find myself fading and only logging on when I have things to sell or buy as gifts, etc. I want a place to talk about issues my family is facing... and that's hard when I kinda feel like i have to "fit in" to play nice...

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:58 AM   #108
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd love a single parent forum! Please!?!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #109
3rockstars
Registered Users
seller

Can I just ask why the hell we aren't being responded to? That's RUDE at BEST. It's not like I'm asking for the world. Just a response would be nice. Ya know, each day I like DS less and less. I've been posting in this thread for OVER A YEAR without any response and it's not like I"m the only one. I bet if I posted a link to a competing board that had a single/non-traditional parenting forum I'd get shut down right quick and in a hurry wouldn't I? This is ridiculous.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #110
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have missed this thread until you linked me to it today. Admins are not over adding forums so I did fwd the pm to the tech team.

I actually believe this was addressed a long time ago (or something like it was) and the decision then was no as new forums were not being added at that time.

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 08-29-2011 at 09:00 AM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote