Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #61
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Convservative Christians...I would love some advice

I really reccommend 'How to Raise almost perfect Catholic children' by Gregory Popcak.

I am not Catholic, but this book is excellent. It has so many tools for raising Godly children and how to discipline effectively.

It is anti-spanking however. I was a 'spanker' before reading this book, but after implicating his suggestion it has been so effective that I find spanking to be unneeded now.

Hoping you find a solution for your daughter!

Advertisement

Rosie, English born and bred, Wife to Josh, Mama to her all American daughters, the delightful little lady Esther Rose (April 06) , Sweet cuddly monkey Rachel (August 08) and sweet little Joel Athanasius (Nov 2010)
Esthersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #62
MiaAnjuli
Registered Users
seller

Hi, am am not a conservative christian or an expert since my son is only 19 months olds I haven't read this book yet so I am not sure if it would go along with your beliefs but someone suggested that I read "Love and Logic"

Here is an example of what kinds of this they told me it teaches
Example: Child drops food on the floor. A normal reaction would be to get angry, sternly talk to the child (maybe yell a bit) and make him clean it up. Love and Logic reaction, "That's too bad. Dropping food on the floor makes it yucky and now you have nothing to eat. What are you going to do now?"

See how there's no overreaction, and you don't use the word 'no'? It takes a lot of practice and a level head, but it makes the child think about what they did. It's a neat concept.

I do like that for how they misbehave they have to think about why it is wrong.

Also maybe she acts out while out and about because she feels home is where she gets her attenion and errans are what you are focused on when you are out. Maybe give her some responsibilies while you are out. You can maybe get a little wallet and some gift cards that don't have any money on and have her hold that until you have to pay and act like you will use the cards from her wallet to pay. That may give her a sense of importance. I'm sure there are other ways of doing that too but I cannot think of any at the moment. I am glad that the things that you have tried are helping I just thought I would throw this out there just incase! Good luck.
MiaAnjuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #63
ChocolateMoose
Registered Users
seller

You might like the book "How to Make Your Children Mind Without Losing Yours"...I think it's by Kevin Lehman.