Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing in Babies R Us...ewww

I was so disgusted to nurse in BRU. I went to the nursing room which is also a changing area. Right across from this area is a bathroom that has a changing station. Now that I have told you that part...I went in there to find to mothers changing their babies but neither nursing nor any intention of doing it. Not a big deal, pee diapers easy. But what was a big deal was that both of them had bad poop diapers and one of them was changing her baby right on the nursing chair where I was supposed to sit, along with anyone nursing, to nurse my newborn. No one was in the bathroom either. Why would they not go across the hall to the bathroom to do this but instead chose to do this in the nursing room ??? The whole room reeked of a gas station bathroom! I walked right back out and nursed my son right in front of everyone on one of the display gliders. At least it was cleaner than the nursing room!

I should add that as I stood in the room for a moment contemplating whether to leave or not one of the mothers asked if it was alright if her dh came in to help her...I said no that I intended to nurse. She got all flustered and said..."but well..." then stopped. Funny I thought the sign on the door said for nursing mothers???

Advertisement

Last edited by TaraR; 07-21-2010 at 09:52 PM.
TaraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:
Re: Nursing in Babies R Us...ewww

ugh, I'm sorry it was gross in there... I've always nursed in the display gliders at BRU, I never noticed a nursing Moms room lol.
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
redneckmama
Registered Users
Formerly: lilybugsmomma
seller

My Mood:

That sucks The nursing room at our BRU is normaly pretty clean but I guess I've been lucky!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ours has nasty stains all over the chair and the glider is broken! It was repulsive!!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
hippiemama86
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that would have pissed me off. I'm hot tempered, but geez, come on! That's gross! That room is made for a baby's meal time. Who would want to sit in a room smelling of poop?! I'm afraid I would have had some not so nice things to say to those ladies.
hippiemama86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
madisons_mom
Registered Users
seller

The bathroom at my BRU is gross. I'm not defending those mothers but maybe the bathroom was gross?
madisons_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
azmokitty
Banned

My Mood:

Ours is gross too.
azmokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #8
aprilmadison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I avoid BRU at all costs. Think it is one of those stores that carries a bunch of stuff that babies do not need. Sorry- I am cranky.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #9
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

im sorry mama. I have only used a few nursing rooms at that was at the mall. I always just had my ringsling and nursed while shopping. I think you need to give them a call maybe so they can have employees be a little more caring about the room.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
mommaagain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmadison View Post
I avoid BRU at all costs. Think it is one of those stores that carries a bunch of stuff that babies do not need. Sorry- I am cranky.
Couldn't agree more. My LO is 6 months and the only things I have bought there were crib sheets and a mattress pad. I just laugh at all the things I *needed* the first time!

I just nurse where ever I happen to be. Last week it was in the shoe section of the Kittery trading post. I declined the offer of a dressing room for myself, the baby and my three other children, LOL! THAT would have been a scene!
mommaagain is offline   Reply With Quote