Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
snorac
Registered Users

Charlotte, NC hospital birth with a midwife?

I'm currently pregnant with my third child but I have not given birth in the Charlotte area before. I am seeing a midwife at a doctor's office who will deliver this new baby at the hospital.

Does any one have any experience with this?

I'm concerned things won't go as I want them to at the hospital, even with a midwife. My son was born at home in CO and my daughter was born in India at a hospital but we only made it to the hospital 25 minutes before she was born so they didn't have time to try and do anything before she came.

I'd love to hear from you if you have gone this route in Charlotte.

Also do you have any experience with the birth center in Fort Mill, SC?

Advertisement

snorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
carolinaem
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Charlotte, NC hospital birth with a midwife?

I didn't have a midwife, but I know a lot of mommies who have used midwives (CLT OBGYN) successfully in the area. Good luck! Hope someone who actually has experience and details can help you out!
carolinaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
vanquisheder
Registered Users

I think it'll be better to ask some mommies, I'm sure they'll even help you find the best one. Btw when are you expecting your lil bundle of joy?
vanquisheder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
TempestBeauty
Registered Users

My Mood:

Snorac... I'm currently pregnant and seeing the midwives in Fort Mill. I'm only 17.4 weeks, but so far I LOVE them, and the center.

I live in Huntersville, near Northlake Mall, and the drive is significant, but I think it will be worth it! Let me know if you have any questions
TempestBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
TempestBeauty
Registered Users

My Mood:

Also... a friend of mine had a hospital birth with a midwife. It ended up being no different than a hospital birth with a doctor. She ended up getting induced, arom, pitocin, epidural, and didn't have the birth experience she wanted. I think the 'hospital' part of the equation continues to be the problem :/
TempestBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
jayjoshjake
Registered Users

I live in Fort Mill and I gave birth t my 3rd ittle boy in April of this year at CMC-Pineville. I had a midwife to deliver him. I LOOVE midwives!!! However, I didn't want to get an epidural but the doc on call for the practice I go to insisted but that's b/c I was having a vbac... They still gave me a little pitocin... It was pretty much the same as having a dotor deliver him. Like the previous post said, I think it's the "hospital" part of the equation that you would need to get rid of. I haven't had any experience with the birth center. I looked into them but they don't do vbacs yet.... Hope that helps.
jayjoshjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
ransom
Registered Users

just saw this thread... i gave birth (all natural) in the hospital with a midwife (charlotte ob on morehead) to a preemie. my midwife (lindsey) was wonderful and supportive. i gave birth at CMC main and the nurses i had during my stay (and the nurses in the NICU) were FABULOUS! one thing i wished they had was a tub to labor or give birth in... so for my next baby i'm thinking of the birth center in fort mill. have you decided what you're going to do?
ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
astiel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I gave birth in the hospital (LNRMC in Mooresville) last January with a midwife (LKNOBGYN) and had a great experience. We wanted a natural birth and the staff and midwife were all very supportive. The only doctor we saw during the process was DS's pediatrician after the birth. Definitely different from our first where we had a hospital birth with a doctor - full pitocin induction, epidural, etc.

I will say, some of your experience will likely depend on how supportive the hospital you are delivering at is of midwives and of your birth choices. We were fortunate that LNRMC is very supportive of natural births and that there are several midwives who deliver there on a regular basis.

GL! If I had been closer, I probably would have looked into the new center in Ft. Mill.