Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2010, 11:54 AM   #101
tiffybear01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 7/29

here are some newborn long/board shorties I am working on. I still have to make the drawstring and block of course. I wanted to make longies, but then realized when i started on the legs, that I don't have enough yarn. oh well.

i swear they don't look this wonky and uneven in real life. for some reason they look terrible in this pic (the first pic is much better)

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #102
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyblue View Post
Hi ladies! Been MIA trying to get the house packed and knitting my fingers off

I finished the small longies to match the newborn outfit and then I have the FASC shawl I have not touched since the weekend.. we had to deal with house stuff and our lender blah blah so I didn't want to put the negative energy into that I was thinking about what we wanted to do to our lender
And the STIH I have 1 arm and the Icord already done.. just have to finish the body the other arm and do the trim and my customs will be done! I hope to open back up in Sept. I have lots of ideas

I love the newborn set!!! What pattern are you using for the shawl, I really like it! I have some yarn that wants to be a shawl.

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #103
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyblue View Post
Hi ladies! Been MIA trying to get the house packed and knitting my fingers off

I finished the small longies to match the newborn outfit and then I have the FASC shawl I have not touched since the weekend.. we had to deal with house stuff and our lender blah blah so I didn't want to put the negative energy into that I was thinking about what we wanted to do to our lender
And the STIH I have 1 arm and the Icord already done.. just have to finish the body the other arm and do the trim and my customs will be done! I hope to open back up in Sept. I have lots of ideas

Love that set Angela!! And I totally agree about not putting negative energy into the gifts that we knit - my hubby thinks I am nuts for thinking that way but I am the same way. If I am frustrated or angry I will knit like mad on a spare skein of yarn and then frog it later but I wont allow myself to knit angry on something I am make for someone or the store....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylifew3 View Post
Have a good vacation Mari. I kept thinking of Christmas when I dyed it. I was inspired by apples for the colorway, red and green lol.

Thanks for the comliments ladies. Here's a pic of caterpillar feast knit by Amanda at Fantasnitch(sp?):

It kills me sometimes to make a new colorway and then have to wait to see it knit up, lol. I am going to work on my colorway galleries soon.
Those are so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffybear01 View Post
here are some newborn long/board shorties I am working on. I still have to make the drawstring and block of course. I wanted to make longies, but then realized when i started on the legs, that I don't have enough yarn. oh well.

i swear they don't look this wonky and uneven in real life. for some reason they look terrible in this pic (the first pic is much better)
Great job, they look good as shorties!
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #104
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
They won't take PP, ugh....

Here are my FO Dye Jobs:
Apple Orchard (finalized colorway)

Caterpillar Feast (an old one but a favorite)

I have been working on my Photos, I think it is getting a bit better. I have to get to knitting too but I still have a few custom dye jobs to do.

I did dye some bfl yesterday and I have some Stormy setting in the dye pot now. Pics once I get them dry and reskeined.
Holy crap! I love them both, but my favorite is Caterpillar feast, so pretty!

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #105
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I really want the apple orchard, it's screaming christmas dress for my dd all over it.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #106
celticknot12
Registered Users
seller

Do you ladies mind if I jump in? I used to post on the KAL thread all the time....but I've been slacking.

here are some sweaters I just finished for my daughter to ensure she would have knits for the fall....I'm due any day now and have mostly been knitting for the babe.....but mom guilt drives me to keep her covered in yarn too!

ISO: Beco 4G Denim Doves
celticknot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #107
AmyP
Registered Users
Formerly: amp
seller
seller

I've been cleaning ALL morning. My BIL and SIL and the kids are coming in town today. Here is my WIP
Calen 11/14/11
AmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #108
Lynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
Yuck. RAST or skin poke?
They did both last time (when she was 21 months old ) so I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel*bel View Post
Thinking negative for Lily!!! I hope she's outgrown it! Esp. after the episode at church, it would be nice for her to not have to worry about it anymore.
Thanks! Yeah, I will breathe a HUG sigh of relief if I can send her to kindergarten without an epi pen, etc.

Still chugging along on these Braided Britches...also trying to decide what to take on my trip next week. Other than "more than I can possibly knit even if the trip were twice as long," of course.

My knitting patterns|Licensed knitters
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #109
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Soooo beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesaddle View Post
Hi!

Here is my finished Elizabeth Tunic. Still need to add buttons.

And some action shots, very hard to get with my DD who just wants to grab the camera. She is wearing her new WCW shorties underneath.

And I went yarn shopping. We have a custom woolen mill right by our house, so I went over to see what they had. They have really nice yarn. I bought some 100% merino yarn to make some STIH sweaters and some blue stuff to make a sweater for myself maybe. Plus the price was right $5 a skein!! It is pretty soft and the colours are beautiful! Here are pics of my pretties!

Sorry about the sideways pictures.

We're shingling our garage roof today, so we're going to be pretty busy.
Love it!

Quote:
They won't take PP, ugh....

Here are my FO Dye Jobs:
Apple Orchard (finalized colorway)

Caterpillar Feast (an old one but a favorite)

I have been working on my Photos, I think it is getting a bit better. I have to get to knitting too but I still have a few custom dye jobs to do.

I did dye some bfl yesterday and I have some Stormy setting in the dye pot now. Pics once I get them dry and reskeined.
I sooo want this, if I had a girl. Have fun on your vaca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykiddoes View Post
I want this: http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=36857&vid=2125

It told me that it wanted to be a spring time in hollis sweater for Lily.

We are leaving for Tulsa tomorrow. I'm excited. We are going to be staying at the Embassy Suites. It's only for the weekend, but, still fun!
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marķa View Post
i can“t keep up today ladies i“m leaving on vacation tomorrow but everything looks great and i can“t help but think of Christmas when i see Apple Orchard lol
So cute! What great pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle Spun View Post
Hi ladies! I'm still spinning silk! Love all your WiPs! Tomorrow the family heads out to the lakes area here in Minnesota for a hockey tournament (yay!) My son (10yrsold) is a goalie. I wanted to share a couple pics

For those LOs not feeling well or with Drs apts, hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #110
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
They did both last time (when she was 21 months old ) so I'm not sure

Thanks! Yeah, I will breathe a HUG sigh of relief if I can send her to kindergarten without an epi pen, etc.
Yuck . Our ins wouldn't cover the RAST so they did the full back skin poke. Dd did not appreciate that. And then she ended up at the pedi gastro with a full endoscopy and biopsies to diagnose her allergy instead. I think that cost ins more than a RAST....
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote