Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #281
sweetmonkey
Registered Users

Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 7/29

Michelle.

So just when I get a new router, the cable for my laptop shorted (in the most spectacular fashion- with arcing and sparking-). I am borrowing one and once again, playing catch up. Everything looks wonderful. And I am totally drooling over all the yarn. And I am trying to forbid myself from buying any more yarn!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
Just depressed. Tired, I dont want to do ANYTHING. Everything is boring.. I dont even want to knit.. The kids and i eat out more because i would rather just throw them in the car and drive somewhere then figure out something to make.
I feel like i dont want to be a mom anymore. I get angry very fast, The things that make me smile.. Just dont. Or i fake it. I feel useless, overwhelmed, and unexcited...

I could sit here and type all day. I dont know if i can make it another week for an appt. I might call tomorrow and see if i can get in sooner.
This could have been written by me for pretty much the whole year+ after Ian. I guess it finally lifted about 15 months PP. One thing that helps me is exercise. Sadly, I never "feel" like doing it when I am in a slump. I just can't get motivated to do it. Also, my doc and I are discussing some sugar related depression. It is apparently becoming more of a pronounced link that is just now starting to really have the data from extended trials, but it is something for me to look at more. to all of you other mamas who are dealing with this. I am glad that we are able to share these things.

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #282
momk2009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
\

Yes, yes you are I love BBR, it's my fave base right now!

That's beautiful!!!!!

Here's my finished romper, it was getting kind of dark but I want to mail it out tomorrow so this pic is as good as it gets. I also had to take it on my deck floor instead of the usual picnic table because my neighbor was out mowing his yard and I didn't want him to see my taking a picture and think I was taking it of him.

too funny. It looks great, I love those buttons on the romper. Perfect!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #283
EviePants
Registered Users
Formerly: marilynsp
seller

My Mood:

Erica, that LITW yarn is making me seriously I need to get my hands on some of that!

all around to you lovely ladies. I hate to hear so many of us have had troubles (and oh boy, am I ever guilty of losing my patience!). I'm glad we have this place to talk about it without any judgement!

EviePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #284
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I have always had panic attacks. ALWAYS. Since i can remember. I do think about just walking away.. Disapearing. I also think about speeding up and not stopping.. I have battled depression my whole life. so i know what it feels like. I havent felt like this in a long time. It just sucks not being able to enjoy my pregnancy. I love being pregnant.. I love the wait for the baby. i feel like i dont even want her. Its awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykiddoes View Post
Oh wow! I did all of this after I had Caleb. He was such a sick, crying, difficult baby. I would drive to Tulsa and see the huge ditches and think about driving off the edge and wondered if we all would die. I wanted to throw him through a wall. I never in my life had panic attacks until I wnet through this. He would cry and cry and I would have to put him in bed just so I wouldn't harm him. I would lock myself in my closet in the dark and sit in the floor and cry. It was awful! It was also a time that my husband wasn't being very nice to me. I did go and get help. I couldn't handle my life and I was out of control. It was so nice having someone to talk to. My first session I just cried my eyes out. She helped me through the roughest time of my life. I haven't gotten as down as I was then, but, wow, I still cringe when I think of it.
Ya know even though it sucks that you guys have to deal with this crap too it's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #285
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I HAD to show my FO.. I made this for a swap partner.. and i can not show it anywhere but here.. I know she doesnt frequent this thread
1 gown, 1 interlock shorties, 2 fleece soakers and a matching diaper

Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #286
momk2009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cute!

swaps/trades are so fun.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #287
Fairyblue
Registered Users
Formely: aidan_madisons_mom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviePants View Post
I don't... know? Maybe? Ugh. Like I said, I suck at the whole health thing. I had "motivation" during the childbearing years but now that I'm done being pregnant its like there's no reason to take care of myself. I know that sounds kinda bad...

Oh yes 100%.
I wonder if something like Zoloft would help me... what kind of doc would I need to see about that?

I l
Oh and I used my paypal debit card. I LOVE my debit card. I get something like 1.5% cash back when I use it? And I think I'm getting like $15 back this month.
Usually your OB or regular doctor can RX it for you. I would ask your endo doc about being tested for Hashimoto’s disease
and ask them to do these.

Free T4 test (low)
Serum TSH (high)
T3 (low or normal)
Thyroid autoantibodies:
Antithyroid peroxidase antibody
Antithyroglobulin antibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
Ok, here's my FO for the day I was able to get to the LYS and get the yarn I needed for the stocking in time
STOP!! I have 2 skeins left of that colorway and base and you aren't making it any easier, since all my yarn is boxed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
\

Yes, yes you are I love BBR, it's my fave base right now!

That's beautiful!!!!!

Here's my finished romper, it was getting kind of dark but I want to mail it out tomorrow so this pic is as good as it gets. I also had to take it on my deck floor instead of the usual picnic table because my neighbor was out mowing his yard and I didn't want him to see my taking a picture and think I was taking it of him.
I am sure my neighbors think I have lost it with all the random pictures I take of FO and yarn

Fairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #288
momk2009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this and this =
Old 07-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #289
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviePants View Post
Hey gals. I've had such a hard time keeping up, I feel bad for just popping in, posting and then having to leave again. It's been super busy around here though and we're going out of town for the next five days so I don't expect things to settle down for a while.

But I did want to finish some recently finished WIPs.

Debutante Yarns' "Watercolors" - a kaia babydoll.

Micsknitz "In H'Ewe Cranberry" - cabled capris. I love the ruffle on this one!

Sending much love and to you gals... I miss seeing everyone's lovely stuff... I just can't properly appreciate it when I'm speeding through the thread!

Quote:
Just depressed. Tired, I dont want to do ANYTHING. Everything is boring.. I dont even want to knit.. The kids and i eat out more because i would rather just throw them in the car and drive somewhere then figure out something to make.
I feel like i dont want to be a mom anymore. I get angry very fast, The things that make me smile.. Just dont. Or i fake it. I feel useless, overwhelmed, and unexcited...

I could sit here and type all day. I dont know if i can make it another week for an appt. I might call tomorrow and see if i can get in sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekamc View Post
Yep it's all of that. It's a bit worse though. Before I started on my zoloft I was having panic attacks and seriously thinking about running away, like just getting in my car and driving away. I don't know where, just away. When Roanin is crying or throwing a fit and the dey dey is screaming AGAIN sometimes I envision myself slamming my head into the wall. I get panicky and too much noise makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. I have these what if thoughts, like what Brooke Shields said. Your driving down a road and it curves but what if you just went straight and crashed. Not that exact one but stuff like that. I'm angry and scream at the kids. I told Roanin I was going to "kick the crap out of him" the other day. He threw a shoe and it almost hit the toe that is mangled, that he has mangled twice now. I felt like such a loser afterward. I mean I'm the mom who tries to sound sweet but stern if need be and tell my kids to do things with happy hearts. And to be kind to one another and I tell my kid, my baby, I am going to kick the crap out of him. I hate this. What do you do, besides Zoloft though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I was like that during pregnancy and I'm still not myself now. I hesitate to say I had/have full blown depression because I do have days where I feel pretty good but with a crabby fussy baby to top it off most days run into the next and I feel like I have no purpose or direction. I'm dealing with becoming a SAHM which is a new and overwhelming role for me too. I always feel so guilty when people ask if I'm enjoying the newborn phase and I honestly admit that I hate the nb phase and they look at me like I'm a troll. LOL It's just... hard.

I dont know if I have PPD. Im more depressed about the other things in my life. But I do relate oh so well with so much of what you are dealing with! My hair if falling out in insane amounts. I cant sleep. My temper is short. Many days I just want to get in the car and leave. I feel like I need a few quiet days without having to stress over money & bills or our one car on the verge of death, or health and family issues etc.
Maybe it will all pass in time. My DH is my angel and watches me closely. He is so sweet and such a balance for me

Last edited by TheLittleButtonBakery; 07-29-2010 at 10:31 PM.
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #290
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momk2009 View Post
this and this =
YUMMY!!!!