Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #11
andreusmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 33 Week babies?

I had a 33 week baby. He had perfect 9/9 apgar scores, but due to being born via c-section was put into nicu for fluid on the lungs he didn't get the big push. He spent a full week in there, and it was the worst. But once we got him eating bm he recovered perfectly. I brought him home ebf for 8 months, and the kid has never even had a runny nose he is super healthy and super chunky. Here are some pics: one day old, and 14 months

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

My girls were born at 32 weeks. They had the steroid shots because their x0section was scheduled and I believe it helped them a lot. If you are worried about delivering early then I would ask about the steroid shots. They spent 18, 19 and 25 days in NICU mostly to learn to eat and gain weight. Two of them had some problem regulating their heart rates. Now they are healthy 18 month old babies with some mild delays and Kyrra has asthma but that was caused by RSV at a young age.

Here's Dylan the smallest and longest stay

She's now the biggest and the first to reach milestones

Kyrra was the first one home and the strongest at birth

She's now the smallest and just started walking 1-2 months after her sisters.

Abby was the first born and biggest at 4 lb 3 oz

She's now the drama queen
Old 02-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #13
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD was born at 34 weeks, she was 4 lbs. 6 oz. 18" long. She was doing great when she first came out, but developed breathing problems and had to be put on a CPAP. They removed that the next day and started her on a nasal canula. She was in the NICU for 3 weeks, learning how to eat/swallow/breathe and gaining weight. She's 4 1/2 now and has never had any affects from being preemie aside from minor developmental delays in the first year.

BTW, the U/S the night before she was born said she was 5 lbs. 3 oz. so they were off by almost a full lb.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS was born at 34 weeks and spent about 30 minutes in the NICU when they checked him out but that's it. We would have left the hospital after 48 hours but had to do the photo therapy lights for jaundice. Otherwise it's been smooth sailin' with him. He's still smallish but was 5 lbs 15 oz when he was born so pretty good size for gestational age. Good luck mama--and don't stress too much with all the technology they have these days your baby is in good hands! Pics are 2 days old with the lights, one week old, and 7 months.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #15
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

6 yrs ago my dd was born at 31 wks and weighed a whopping 2 lbs 10 oz. i had severe pre-e and iugr (she stopped growing at 28 wks). she spent 5 wks in NICU before she was able to come home. b/c they knew they were taking her out early i had a few rounds of steroid injections to mature her lungs. she came out breathing on her own w/ no serious health issues, we were lucky!! i don't have a scanner or i'd scan pics of her as a nb but here she is now

Old 02-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #16
Shadowwolf549
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had our triplets at 31 wks 6 days. They weighed 3 lbs 15 ozs, 4 lbs 1 oz, 3 lbs 11 ozs. They stayed in the NICU for 15, 18 and 28 days each. They were never intubated and aside from my DD needing some supplemental O2 at times, they were all breathing on their own. They went home on apnea monitors just to make sure they were okay when we weren't right there with them. They are now 17 1/2 months!! Jeremiah (first born) is 22 1/2 lbs, Jaren is 27 lbs, and Giavanna is 24 1/2 lbs!! They aren't walking yet, but we are going to start PT/OT soon for that. Good luck and you will be in my thoughts and prayers for you and little Ava!
Angie Luckiest Lady in the world. Married to SAHD Justin , Mama to Jaden 10/10/03 and triplets Jeremiah , Jaren , Giavanna 09/15/05 and Gabrielle 08/12/13. We are one big, happy, Jesus loving family!!
Shadowwolf549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #17
momto3under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found some pics to show.
This one is of Addison, she was born first.

This is Amelia.

Here are a couple of them in the NICU. Addison is on the right, Amelia on the left.

The second one Addison's face is red from the tape for her feeding tube, they had just taken them out.

Here they are today. Again Addison is on the right.

Last edited by momto3under2; 02-26-2007 at 12:12 PM.
momto3under2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #18
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My twins were 33 weeks and were 100% healthy with no NICU. DS needed formula right away because he was born with low blood sugar and DD was under a heater for a while in my room but thats it. I know this is not normal and we were lucky. I did not get steriods or anything. DD was 4lbs 2 oz and DS was 5lbs 6oz. DS did not have the urge to bf but it might be because he's male and found out early that the bottle was easier.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #19
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:

My son was born at 33 1/2 weeks he was almost 7 lbs .. he had to be in the nicu for 2 weeks .. he had to learn to breathe on his own and had jaundice .. then had to learn to eat on his own , i did not push bf in the nicu .. i pumped and we bottle feed for the first 6 1/2 weeks then transfered to the breast and he never looked back He is almost a year old and it all seems so far away.. I loved the nicu staff but was glad to get him home! momma .. pm me if you need someone to talk to
here is his babysite their are some hospital pics and some pics of him thru the months ..
http://www.babysites.com/sites/babyi...age=home&seq=1
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #20
JulesTrips
Registered Users
seller

Hi Sue! Just wanted to let you know I got the adorable bows so THANK YOU!!! They are super cute

I had my trio at 31 wks and 3 days...Sam was 3 lbs 11 oz, Leona was 3 lbs 5 oz and Gabe was 2 lbs 11 oz. Everyone was intubated at birth and Leona had the hardest struggle. Her PDA didn't close, then finally did w/ meds but she reacted horribly to them and to the morphine she was one. She was on a vent for 10 days (we finally held her at 1 wk of age). The boys were off vents after about 2 days.

Gabe (tiny peanut) was the first to come home and 5 wks of age, Sam followed 1 day later (w/ an apnea monitor). Leona came home at 7 wks of age and was on oxygen for a couple months after getting home. She just had a tougher time and normally it's the boys who struggle.

Ironically Leona is now the biggest of the 3! At 20 mos of age she weighs about 26 lbs, Sam is about 21 lbs and Gabe is 17 lbs. He's a little string bean! But pretty healthy otherwise.

We have only ever had normal preemie issues (Leona had tort. and plagio so she ended up w/ a helmet for a few months). We have normal speech and ocupational therapy...not a big deal at all after so much Nicu time.

Hope your little one hangs in there for quite a while. I had a good friend who had her trio at 34 wks (she said seeing mine was her inspiration) and they were in for about 2 wks total. No major issues just feeders and growers.

Thanks again for the bows! They are too cute

Jules
JulesTrips is offline   Reply With Quote