Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #231
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 7/30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Erica and Stacy. It is not nice to tease.

aw crap. I hate it when that happens. Is it just the bottoms? Cut em off and use them to crumble over chili.
No the tops are burnt too. They are darker brown all over. They dont taste too bad if you take off the bottom.. But i cant take them like that to a party..

Its okay though. The kids will eat them..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmonkey View Post
I enjoy some projects more than others. I have a few mamas who are thrilled to let me create something new and different for them. Those I love. Especially repeats where I know what the mama wants. I also tend to have . . .style categories, I guess you could say, in my mind. I like things to have a look or a feel or theme or whatever. Like the set I did for Sarah- I was thinking of the TV show Dallas crossed with Jackie-O. I really want to do a "Charlies Angels" inspired romper- LOL. Wide collar, wide legs.

The downside is that several of my in stocks have not sold. and Now the season is over so I will have to sit on them until next year or offer them for next to nothing.

You can't refuse an offer like tat- it'd be stealing from your baby! Such a sweet offer.

Beautiful!

Just remember to size up - pattern or needles or both! LS is really pretty tight and does not give much at all. So chose a size that other wise would hang on your child. Or do a gauge swatch!

I *think* I have added everyone on FB that posted. This is me http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177924506#!/profile.php?id=587883687
Added you And yeah.. Why would you refuse a present?

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #232
momk2009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
OOOO.. that sure is YUMMY!!! I wish i had PP.. Dh would kick me..

I added everyone.. I dont know why people cant add me..

First 24 cornbread muffins are in the oven. I feel so much better today. i think i just needed a day to cry and vent. I am still going to talk to my DR about it on the 4th when i go.
Quote:

OMG I just burnt 24 corn bread muffins. I am PISSED!! grrr
so glad you are feeling better! Sorry about the muffins though. I don't really know what a corn muffin is
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
SERIOUSLY? You ladies are killing me. I thought, "Oh, DS has been down all day, I bet there's only a couple pages to read on the WIP thread." :lmbo:

I haven't gotten much knitting done today...I had to shop for school supplies for my soon-to-be-kindergartener *cry* and then take her to the allergist. She's NEGATIVE for peanuts now, ! Also for tree nuts and shellfish (she's never eaten those or been tested for them before) and DS2 was tested just for peanuts and was negative too. SO happy!

OK, I'm going to go back and skim the thread. :P
that is fantastic news! DS is turning 4 next month and *could* go to jr kindergarden but it isn't mandatory so we are keeping him home until next year. I think it's still a bit too soon for him. My oldest started when she was 4, no problem,but he just isn't 'there' if you kwim.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #233
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momk2009 View Post
so glad you are feeling better! Sorry about the muffins though. I don't really know what a corn muffin is

that is fantastic news! DS is turning 4 next month and *could* go to jr kindergarden but it isn't mandatory so we are keeping him home until next year. I think it's still a bit too soon for him. My oldest started when she was 4, no problem,but he just isn't 'there' if you kwim.
You have never had cornbread before? I love me some cornbread
Old 07-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #234
Lynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momk2009 View Post
DD turns 5 2 weeks after school starts, so we thought about keeping her back a year but she's already reading some and has been going to preschool 2 days a week for the last 2 school years, so I think she's really ready. DS1 was only a month older than she'll be when he started kindergarten, and he did great. And knowing that we won't have to worry about the peanut issue now is a HUGE relief. I was worried about having to deal with the school and the teacher and all that.

My knitting patterns|Licensed knitters
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #235
Lynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My kids get excited when I make red beans & rice because I usually make cornbread with it too. And I never hear the end of it if I don't make the cornbread!

My knitting patterns|Licensed knitters
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #236
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
I'm just using my Sheepy Pants pretty much as-is, but I have no idea if it will actually *work* or not
LOL! I wanna see when you are done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
Sure, let me know what you need from me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollytreeyarn View Post
Oh and you can bet it will be tdf

YAY!! Can't wait to see it!
You should send it to me when you guys are done. I will photograph it and turn it into yart. I prrrroooommmmissee I will send it back.
Quote:

OMG I just burnt 24 corn bread muffins. I am PISSED!! grrr
Oh that sucks! I hate when I burn stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmonkey View Post
I enjoy some projects more than others. I have a few mamas who are thrilled to let me create something new and different for them. Those I love. Especially repeats where I know what the mama wants. I also tend to have . . .style categories, I guess you could say, in my mind. I like things to have a look or a feel or theme or whatever. Like the set I did for Sarah- I was thinking of the TV show Dallas crossed with Jackie-O. I really want to do a "Charlies Angels" inspired romper- LOL. Wide collar, wide legs.

The downside is that several of my in stocks have not sold. and Now the season is over so I will have to sit on them until next year or offer them for next to nothing.

Just remember to size up - pattern or needles or both! LS is really pretty tight and does not give much at all. So chose a size that other wise would hang on your child. Or do a gauge swatch!

I *think* I have added everyone on FB that posted. This is me http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1177924506#!/profile.php?id=587883687

Thanks! If you still have the sailboat romper maybe we could talk trade
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonglowdesigns View Post
Thank you everyone! Yeah I was surprised at how much the colors vibrated once I went outside!

Nope, just do it like normal. I made sure to do all my increases and what not on a knit row so it would be easier for me, but I don't think its necessary The half linen stitch shorties I made for my son have held up WONDERFULLY and it didn't take much longer than normal to knit them up
Thanks I can't wait to try!

Aimee!! Do you mind if I try half linen stitch on your newborn longies??? Your pm box is full. Oh and I think I saw you were looking for undyed purewool. I have two skeins of 3 ply if you needy!!

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #237
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Mmmmhmmmm. I make it as a pancake when I make stews. They don't crumble as much and are better for dipping. Then DH likes to eat the left overs the next morning with butter and honey. Delish!!

Old 07-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #238
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and since I'm being a post hog here is fat dey dey enjoying a chicken leg

Old 07-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #239
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hes too cute!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #240
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

aww hes a cutie!!

here's my facebook page:
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/#!/alexandria.scanlan"/URL]

I added a few of you but I'm so tired, I've got to go to bed right now! Night!!

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote