Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #1
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Cheap AI2/Cover for 2.5 year old.....????

I need to purchase a few AI2's or covers for our son....he will be 3 in August and shows no desire to potty learn......I'm not worried about it so please no suggestions or comments on that, . BTDT plenty of times.....

The PUL on most of our current boy covers has finally given out.....I do have plenty of a girly stash that I could use on him, but would rather just buy a few new cheap covers for him......so what would you suggest?? I'm thinking Diaper Rite/Junction or Nickis?? Maybe Thirsties?? I have flips and am not fond of the way those fit him....

*we use padfolded flats
*cost is a huge factor.....something really cheap
*i don't especially care for double gussets, but am open to them if needed
*AI2 or cover is fine
*he is right at 30 pounds
*prefer snaps
*I'm OK with used so feel free to spam me.

Thank you for any thoughts.......

Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM   #2
abh5e8
Registered Users

Re: Cheap AI2/Cover for 2.5 year old.....????

I have a three yo dd, 99%tile r weight and height. I just put her in thirsties large covers, for night time. Working great. They are not snaps and have double gussets, but they are big and bullet proof. She wears the XL muslin flats from gmd under, night time only, so I just have two covers.

Eta: looks like they do come in snaps!

Last edited by abh5e8; Yesterday at 10:13 AM.
abh5e8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #3
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs up Re: Cheap AI2/Cover for 2.5 year old.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
I have a three yo dd, 99%tile r weight and height. I just put her in thirsties large covers, for night time. Working great. They are not snaps and have double gussets, but they are big and bullet proof. She wears the XL muslin flats from gmd under, night time only, so I just have two covers.

Eta: looks like they do come in snaps!
Thank you for that information! I did see that they come in snaps.
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What was he using that gave out? How do they fit?

I think most standard OS covers stop fitting around 25-30lbs depending on build. The thristies & capri sz2 should be bigger. One my son outgrew his BGs around that weight we switch to trainer style like Snap EZ. I have some covers for sale . 2 Capri sz2 and 1 Thristies size2 but all aplix. They were used my my dd who PL around 22lbs but they were all huge on her and not used much. I can compare sizes to the flips and bummis I have if it helps at all but I don't have the other brand covers you mentioned.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review. DESTASHING HERE!

Last edited by Pixi6s; Yesterday at 12:23 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #5
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
What was he using that gave out? How do they fit?

I think most standard OS covers stop fitting around 25-30lbs depending on build. The thristies & capri sz2 should be bigger. One my son outgrew his BGs around that weight we switch to trainer style like Snap EZ. I have some covers for sale . 2 Capri sz2 and 1 Thristies size2 but all aplix. They were used my my dd who PL around 22lbs but they were all huge on her and not used much. I can compare sizes to the flips and bummis I have if it helps at all but I don't have the other brand covers you mentioned.
We have been using Chelory/Lucybugs on him for 2 years......they are just done.....I don't want to put $25+ into more of those so looking for cheap options, but haven't a clue what to buy because that's all we use. I have tried the Capri, but don't like those.....and we don't get along with aplix...lol!

It would definitely help me if you cold compare the Flip with the Thirsties duo size 2......
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolehedges View Post
We have been using Chelory/Lucybugs on him for 2 years......they are just done.....I don't want to put $25+ into more of those so looking for cheap options, but haven't a clue what to buy because that's all we use. I have tried the Capri, but don't like those.....and we don't get along with aplix...lol!

It would definitely help me if you cold compare the Flip with the Thirsties duo size 2......
Here you go, hope it helps.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review. DESTASHING HERE!
Old Today, 06:12 AM   #7
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Here you go, hope it helps.
That helps a lot! thank you!
Old Today, 06:18 AM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolehedges View Post
That helps a lot! thank you!
it should be obvious but the pink is a flip and the bluebird is thirsties. Also the elastic on the flip is a bit relaxed while the thirsties isn't

good luck