Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #51
March
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ok, lets talk about detergent, for once and all.

How can you rinse on hot??? I don't know of any washing machines manufactured in the last couple decades that even give you the option--is there a way to manually alter that?

Advertisement

March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #52
becker206
Registered Users
seller

My washer does not have the option to rinse on hot either.. I was just wondering that myself.
becker206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #53
Woe_Betide
Registered Users

You can do it by restarting a new cycle of hot water.When the machine has made the spin,you restart another one.Not really funny but its the only way I know.
Woe_Betide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #54
KarenCmomto4
Registered Users

Great post!! Finally a middle ground between 'build-up is the only problem' and 'build-up is a myth'!! Thank you!!

Question for you... What do you think of soap nuts? I've used them with success, just wondering if there's any more 'official' word on them.

Karen.
KarenCmomto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #55
becker206
Registered Users
seller

maybe Im slow but that still don't make sense to me... the only way to get hot water is on a wash cycle on my washer. So if I do what you said it would have to be just two hot water washes, not rinses.
becker206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #56
walking-iris
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well it wouldn't be a wash unless you added soap, kwim? If you just turn on the machine and add nothing but plain water it would rinse or soak. So I think what they're saying is if you want to hot rinse then after your final rinse turn the dial around or whatever...set the machine back... to hot wash but obviously don't add anything...then your dipes are just being rinsed in plain hot water. then you turn the machine off after the water spins out.
walking-iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #57
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! Great post. Saving it to my favorites.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #58
CCRMSS
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for all the info!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #59
March
Registered Users
seller

That's what I do, a light/short hot water cycle with no detergent at the end. It still ends with a cold rinse, but it's additional hot water and I figure the agitation helps to ensure that the detergent comes out. I don't do this every single time, just when I have some extra time, because of the extra water usage and the electricity to heat the water. But I do it from time to time just as a "mini-strip." That's the only way I can figure to get the "hot rinse," too--but I didn't know if there was a way to do just a rinse on hot that I wasn't figuring out.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #60
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioop View Post
If it works for you, there may be no problems! Enzymes work by "eating" the biological material. If your water is right, and your washer works well, and your baby's skin is good....then the enzymes are washing out just fine, and you have good clean diapers and there are NO problems for you...in fact, they are cleaner for YOU than they will be without the enzymes.
Yup!! We have super hard ward (if you leave a bowl of water for the cat, when it evaporates it leaves visible mineral residue down the inside of the bowl) and the only thing that works on our diapers so far is Tide original powder. That's it. Tried a bunch of natural & F&C detergents, and nothing else worked at all. I found a homemade detergent that works on our clothes finally (Borax, washing soda, Fels Naptha) but I haven't tried it on diapers yet. Soon though.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote