Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby overload

Okay, I know a pregnancy forum is kind of a silly place to post this but I've been wondering - is anyone else on baby overload right now?

I know 9 or 10 preggos (IRL, obviously way more online). My sister in law, some cousins and a bunch of friends and former coworkers. And most of them are due within a month of me. So maybe it's just that I'm at "that age" and maybe it's just coincidence but I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. Like...oh gosh...am I having a baby at the wrong time? Are the schools around here going to be even more crowded and difficult than they are now? Are we in for another population boom?

Someone please tell me I'm being overdramatic. Lol. Maybe it's just because when I had DD no one else I knew was even married or anywhere near being ready for kids - I've never had friends with kids the same age as mine - but I'm starting to feel a little nervous.

Advertisement

lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby overload

I have moments of panic, not about the same things, but panic nonetheless. I was in the midwife office and a Mom walked in with her newborn. I took one look at the babe and my heart started racing, and I felt short of breath and I thought, "Dear God noooooooooooooooooo!! I can't do this again!!!!!!" A small crazy part of me wanted to run screaming from the office.

I was talking to my mom about it and she said, "You know I may not know a lot, but I do know this. It will never ever do you any good to second guess the decisions you've already made. You just have to do the best with what you have now." (I love my Mom!!)

I try and remember that whenever I feel overwhelmed.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby overload

That's totally true. My mother in law said basically the same thing to me. But even she admitted that there did seem to be a lot of babies coming into our family soon. We just couldn't figure out if that was unusual or if we were more in-tune because we were so closely tied into it. Maybe there's always a lot of babies being born and we're just now noticing...like how you never see a certain car on the road until the day you buy one and drive it home and suddenly they're everywhere.
lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote