Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #21
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mucus plug- tmi-picture

mine was pieces but blood tinged snot looking. much smaller and more blood.

Advertisement

miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #22
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So miss Champatlife...any baby yet???
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #23
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

No baby, 2 days from my due date. I have an apt in the morning. I think this little one will over bake like his or her big sister.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #24
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

haha I can't believe you posted a picture! (glad its not your actual one, though...)

Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #25
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh, as I found out this pregnancy, it can totally regenerate if you don't dilate to active labor. You might end up losing it again!

Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #26
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

They "verified" what I lost was my mucus plug. 3cm 70% effaced, but I don't feel like labor is any closer... Kind of odd apt- I hada brand new doctor (been with the practice 3 days) and I can tell she is very reserved with her treatment or possibly still not sure what is and isn't kosher for the practice. She actually said, "you were 2cm a week ago, would you like to see if you have progressed at all, or skip it?" (when all the other docs had pretty much shoved the cervical checks down my throat-) and she asked me about my prior pregnancy (daughter 2.5 weeks overdue (my choice to hold off induction) and her response was, "well hopefully this one will come out a little sooner" when all the other docs have been very adament "we will not let you go a week over due"

I like her haha. but I left today with a 1 week apt (that will put me at 41 weeks, so I'm hoping I don't walk in and they try and send me over to L&D the same day with no warning... and I thought you get seen biweekly once you pass your due date? (or maybe that was just what my previous OB did as his standard of care)
Old 08-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #27
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:

Wow. I definitely work in the birth industry because the first thing I thought when I saw that picture was, "COOL!"

LOL

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #28
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have they lifted your bed rest?
If not I would be doing alot of squats or sitting on a birthing ball most of the day...
Gonna sound crazy, but you could scrub your kitchen floor on your hands and knees...I know it's crazy and I thought every old lady who told me to was nuts, but it worked twice for me...it's worth a shot...and tonight give DH some personal attention...lol

I promise it's just friendly advice...I hated "advice" when I was due and baby was staying put..
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #29
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

Does bedrest allow rocking in a rocking chair? That really helped me get DS2's head engaged and it doesn't require heavy walking, just rock. I listened to music and visualized and relaxed while everyone was at dinner. I think it really got things opened up and my pelvis going, using gravity but still 'resting'.

ETA Love the pic! I love gross body stuff. I never saw my first plug, and my second was like dried blood tinged boogers I lost over a couple days. (sorry tmi)
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #30
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinMartin View Post
Wow. I definitely work in the birth industry because the first thing I thought when I saw that picture was, "COOL!"

LOL
yah, i was going to say the same thing. thats the least gross thing ive seen when it comes to labor...haha.

for the record, with my second, i lost plug two days before going into labor...with third it wasnt until i was actually IN labor...

and bellylove, I LOVE YOUR AVI!