Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
airmans_angel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
moving him into the nursery HELP

so the last two months andy has been sleeping in his play pen, next to our bed. we put him in his crib tonight after he was asleep, and not even five minutes later hes screaming bloody murder. i get him and rock him and he still is...i check his butt, its dry, he just ate 20 minutes before waking up, no gas bubbles. i had to walk around the whole house with him to show we were still home, kept screaming. my husband says its because its an unfamiliar area and him thinking he wont hear him if he isnt in our room.

how can we make this adjustment easier????

i wanna cry!

Advertisement

airmans_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Re: moving him into the nursery HELP

It's totally normal, mama! It's probably more the fact that you put him down than anything! LOL. My ODS did the SAME THING for 8mo of his life! You'll find a lot of other mama's have the same issues it's not just your LO. to you though because I know how hard it is.

Try putting him in bed awake. Change him, feed him, rock him and the when he's JUST about asleep lay him in there. It took my YDS about 2 weeks to get used to. If he screams console him ofcourse he's too young to let him cry but let him get familiar with the area. When he's in a good mood lay him in there during the day to look around and see things so that when he wakes up at night it looks familiar to him. And do the same routine for naps also. Put him down awake when he's JUST about asleep. MY youngest now all I have to do is put him down and he rolls to his side and goes right to sleep.

Last edited by Crew&West; 08-01-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Crew&West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
airmans_angel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew&West View Post
It's totally normal, mama! It's probably more the fact that you put him down than anything! LOL. My ODS did the SAME THING for 8mo of his life! You'll find a lot of other mama's have the same issues it's not just your LO. to you though because I know how hard it is.

Try putting him in bed awake. Change him, feed him, rock him and the when he's JUST about asleep lay him in there. It took my YDS about 2 weeks to get used to. If he screams console him ofcourse he's too young to let him cry but let him get familiar with the area. When he's in a good mood lay him in there during the day to look around and see things so that when he wakes up at night it looks familiar to him. And do the same routine for naps also. Put him down awake when he's JUST about asleep. MY youngest now all I have to do is put him down and he rolls to his side and goes right to sleep.

thanks mama. We never really had an issue with getting to put him down, he usually would fuss a bit and then fall asleep. I just really hope its only temporary
Old 08-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmans_angel View Post
thanks mama. We never really had an issue with getting to put him down, he usually would fuss a bit and then fall asleep. I just really hope its only temporary
I hope so too!!! I just know from experience that my ODS is 2 and he STILL screams when I put him in his bed but he's just mad because he can't play anymore!

For YDS it was all about making him 'ok' with putting himself to sleep. We never let him cry it out (ODS we did a little at 8-9mo but he was a pistol!) and he eventually got it. You always learn better with no2. Also if you let them get comfortable with them falling asleep in your arms and THEN you put them down that's how he'll need to get back to sleep everytime. At least in my experience.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sleep with his crib sheet against your body before you put it on the crib. Both my boys are permenantly attached to blankies that I slept with and then let them hold while nursing.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
airmans_angel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek4 View Post
Sleep with his crib sheet against your body before you put it on the crib. Both my boys are permenantly attached to blankies that I slept with and then let them hold while nursing.
well he stole my bathrobe, and its under his sheet, so he has my smell....lol.... he has always slept with my robe with him.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
isaacsmum
Registered Users

Is he napping in the nursery already? My DS was older when we moved him to his own room, but we transitioned him for nap-time first. I think it helped that he got adjusted to the new room a bit first for naps. Does your DS spend time in the nursery when awake? Honestly, I'd bet your husband is right, and he was just startled to wake up in a place different than where he fell asleep. Good luck!
isaacsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #8
airmans_angel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacsmum View Post
Is he napping in the nursery already? My DS was older when we moved him to his own room, but we transitioned him for nap-time first. I think it helped that he got adjusted to the new room a bit first for naps. Does your DS spend time in the nursery when awake? Honestly, I'd bet your husband is right, and he was just startled to wake up in a place different than where he fell asleep. Good luck!
We have had him in there playing and he has fallen asleep in there a couple times, but not many...
Old 08-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would put the PNP in there and try that. Unfamiliar crib plus unfamiliar room plus not mom is a lot of changes for a little guy.

We did the napping in the crib thing first too.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote