Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #21
celticknot12
Registered Users
seller

Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/2

hey there ladies! this weekend wore me out! I got the room all set up for the new baby.....clothes put away and all that fun stuff.....now this week all I need to do is make him come out!

I did get some knitting worked on.....I'm down to the lace edge on the persimmon RHS....and I have a kp&s toddler sweater thats about halfway done....pics to be posted when I'm all set!

Advertisement

ISO: Beco 4G Denim Doves
celticknot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #22
mommaof3

Formerly: Creatively Ewe~ DO NOT FSOT~ ADMIN

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFORME101 View Post
Morning everyone. I like the yarn the color change doesn't bother me.

How can a crotch be done strung on a string of yarn? I wouldn't be closed would it?
What pattern? The Adora-bubbles is like that you cast on the crotch stitches via provisional cast on, I really like that pattern.

Cristi, Creatively Ewe - Stocking at Bitty Fluff and on my HC Creator of the Norway Romper, Belle Romper, Jack and Jill Sweaters!
mommaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #23
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel*bel View Post
It is purewool Emily...

Sarah! I didn't read yesterday's post but I saw it quoted in today's. Sorry you had a bad weekend... but

So I got some decent work in on the tester sweater for Ayden:

I am about to start the hem but want to try it on my little guy first.

I also got a bit of dyeing done over the weekend. Mostly trims, but I'll take pics today when the last of it is dry.
thanks. I wont be buying it then lol. I love that sweater!! I think Ill def have to get that pattern when it comes out. Ive been wanting to knit my friends little boy something for Christmas but couldnt find anything I really liked. And that madtosh is GORGEOUS
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #24
emerel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel*bel View Post
It is purewool Emily...

Sarah! I didn't read yesterday's post but I saw it quoted in today's. Sorry you had a bad weekend... but

So I got some decent work in on the tester sweater for Ayden:

I am about to start the hem but want to try it on my little guy first.

I also got a bit of dyeing done over the weekend. Mostly trims, but I'll take pics today when the last of it is dry.
Love the way that colorway is knitting!

Happy Birthday Sarah, sorry the weekend was such a yucky one!

I like the yarn too, esp once it is skeined!

I do not know why but the babies have been so freaking cranky lately!

emerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #25
chippybug10
Registered Users

Can someone explain the Madelinetosh thing? Why does everyone love it so much? Is it because of the dye work or is it special yarn? I want to try it, but I don't want it to be like when I got all super hyped for my first DD. Everyone said how soft and amazing Stallion was, but then I find out it's just regular bulky Gaia. I still love DD for the dye work, but the yarn isn't really anything omgosh tdf.

Can I get bulky Madelinetosh somewhere?

Last edited by chippybug10; 08-02-2010 at 09:21 AM.
chippybug10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #26
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Ok well I have to go change a poopy diaper and put Phe down for a nap and get knitting. If you see me on here during naptime beat me!! Im so far behind from vacation bc I thought I would be able to get my pdfs off my dads blackberry but it wouldnt let me and I didnt have time to go somewhere and print them before I left. I need to rip out the bottom of a sleuthing and add length to it bc the customer said it fits perfect right now and she 's worried that it will be too short by fall.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #27
PipersMomma

My Mood:

I cant speak for everyone, but here is why *I* like madelinetosh. She does mainly semi solid type stuff, not too many actual colorways but the way she dyes it gives great depth and the colors are AMAZING. Her bases are really nice, and I dont know what bases she uses, Ive never seen her tosh merino light base from any other dyer, and her MCN is amazingly soft, but so is any other MCN, I have some from Becoming Art that feels like the same but Im not sure if they use the same bases or not. For me its more of a color thing. I have a hard time finding semisolids that are as rich and deep as hers. Plus, her prices are great. Her TML (fingering) is only 14 a skein. I think most of them run btw 15-18 a skein, there are a couple higher quality bases that have silk and stuff like that are expensive, like 30 a skein, but ive never had any of those. I tend to stick to MCN, TML, and the tosh dk.

Im not big into DD, so ive never understood the hype there.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #28
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies!

Lauren, I only have MT Vintage and it is a combo platter for me. The yarn is really soft and very tightly plied and it is a round yarn so it is nice to knit with. It is very soft, but not like cashmere or anything... it is just a very very nice superwash base. The color is really amazing. I swear this stovepipe has changed colors on me! Sometimes it appears almost black, other times steel blue, other times navy. I'm not sure about her other bases, but I love the vintage and I'm excited to be making myself a sweater out of some!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #29
LaPetiteKrottCreations
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so I frogged the romper I was working on because I was using cascade lime coloured wool for the trim, and it was not quite matching...so I dyed some to match...

This is what I need buttons for April!! The colorway is called Lagoon...any ideas for buttons?? I will need 4

I've been RAVED!
LaPetiteKrottCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #30
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylifew3 View Post
Ok Here's a pic:

The funny color is bairly picked up by the camera. It is where the orange meets the purple.
What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylifew3 View Post
Thanks ladies,

Here's the whole thing wet on the table:

It's the colorway from the hollis from valerie but without the natural. The colors are a bit deeper per request.
And this one is FO:

And just for fun, I just won this:
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=79910&vid=2213
It will be perfect for christmas. I guess we are doing wine colors this year, lol. Maybe I'll get a rhs done for Mae. lolololololol
Beautiful!! and i love the sweater! I Love wine colors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
I think the yarn looks great. But little brown at the color switches never bothers me. I like brown.

As for me, I'm working on the SH for the KAL and reknitting a pair of longies I received as a tester. The legs were an inch uneven and the crotch was not kitchener grafted (just strung on a single yarn), the first set of short rows was on the front, and there were knots all over. I love the yarn, tho, so frog frog frog! I'll be happy with them once they're done.

I'm in a pickle on the SH, tho. I've finished to the bottom of the body and find that while it fits my 18 mos old nicely, it also fits my 3.5 yo! Who gets the sweater?! ARGH! Probably the little one as it's a scrappy sweater and I want to make sure I have enough yarn for it.

ETA: the baby still as a fever and my MIL arrives today for a week's stay. We're suposed to be doing a last minute clean as a family but DH is still in bed.
Thats bad.. why would someone be testing that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPetiteKrottCreations View Post
Ok, so I frogged the romper I was working on because I was using cascade lime coloured wool for the trim, and it was not quite matching...so I dyed some to match...

This is what I need buttons for April!! The colorway is called Lagoon...any ideas for buttons?? I will need 4

matches great!!!

Good Morning! I stayed up late talking to an old friend from HighSchool. Ihope I didnt piss DH off. I am SOOOOOOOO tired. This weekend wore me out! I need to finish these longies today. Only like 30 more rows.. If i actually get a chance to sit and knit.. I shoudl be able to get them done in about an hour.